I will probably only be able to afford 1 more gun in the next year ($1000 absolute max w/ magazines and any conversion parts) what should it be? Here is what I have:

"Assault" Weapons"

Saiga-20 (converted) + 2 high cap mags

Yugo M59/66 SKS (Unmodified)

Century Arms Yugo M70AB2

CMMG AR-15 w/ 16" .223 DPMS upper

CZ-75 P-01 (14+1 mid-size 9mm)

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 (15+1 mid-size .40)

Non-"Assault" Weapons

Benelli Nova 12ga

Ruger 10-22

Kel-Tec PF-9 (7+1 ultra-compact 9mm)

I also plan on getting a Remington 700 SPS .308, a Sig Mosquito (.22LR) and a 1911 at some point, but these guns are low on priority list due to low likelihood of being banned.

I know there are crap tons of these lists out there, but please help me out. So many guns to buy, so little time and money.

Well, I was gonna say the 6.5 grendel upper, but you probably don't want to get into another caliber just for that. And it sounds like you have the <100 yds range covered pretty well with the AR, Yugo, and maybe a bit farther with the SKS. I'd either go for the FAL or the AR-10.

Another idea would be a bull barrel 18" or 20" .223 AR. I still like the punch of .308. It feels real good. :D

Good luck choosing!

Acer

i went with the stripped receivers b/c you can do several things with them, but also, threaded barrels are high on my list along with sealed ammo

Just food for thought: Keep in mind with the stripped receivers that in the last ban, and the future proposed ban, only receivers made into "AW" configuration prior to the ban, ie , a total weapon, were grandfathered. Any "spare parts" receiver made into a rifle after the date of inception was not legal if it was made into an AW configured rifle. To be totally "legal" (at least under the last set of protocals) you want receivers that came off of documented complete rifles. Additionally, we don't really know what kind of semi-auto rifle will be left on the table as "legal" after any future version of the ban. That will directly effect what you can do with all of those spare lowers..........legally, of course.

I will probably only be able to afford 1 more gun in the next year ($1000 absolute max w/ magazines and any conversion parts) what should it be? Here is what I have:

"Assault" Weapons"

Saiga-20 (converted) + 2 high cap mags

Yugo M59/66 SKS (Unmodified)

Century Arms Yugo M70AB2

CMMG AR-15 w/ 16" .223 DPMS upper

CZ-75 P-01 (14+1 mid-size 9mm)

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 (15+1 mid-size .40)

Non-"Assault" Weapons

Benelli Nova 12ga

Ruger 10-22

Kel-Tec PF-9 (7+1 ultra-compact 9mm)

I also plan on getting a Remington 700 SPS .308, a Sig Mosquito (.22LR) and a 1911 at some point, but these guns are low on priority list due to low likelihood of being banned.

I know there are crap tons of these lists out there, but please help me out. So many guns to buy, so little time and money.

Dude, you need more guns. Make sure you have at least two of any model that may be useful in case of SHTF. I would also suggest a CZ-75 SP01 with 18+1 of 9mm goodness. Also make sure you have a few cases of the right calibers squirreled away, especially Russian spam cans for your ComBlock stuff.

Just bought my third Para-Ord at this past weekend gunshow. Para P18-9 LDA 9mm and a bunch of 18 round mags for it. Also have a MSAR STG-556 (Steyr AUG clone) on order as I missed getting an original AUG when the last ban went into place and could not afford one after that. I remember all the panic buying before the last ban in the 80's hit and the gunshow madness Saturday was a flashback of sorts. Over 1700+ more people at the Richmond, Va gunshow than last year at the same time.

Dude, you need more guns. Make sure you have at least two of any model that may be useful in case of SHTF. I would also suggest a CZ-75 SP01 with 18+1 of 9mm goodness. Also make sure you have a few cases of the right calibers squirreled away, especially Russian spam cans for your ComBlock stuff.

I know I need more guns, but I have only been shooting for like 3 years. 3 Guns a year is pretty close to what my budget (AKA wife) can afford. I have about 1000 rounds for each of my calibers stocked up, but again I can't go on an ammo spending spree if I want to get another gun. Honestly I don't think ammo is going to be banned / supertaxed before a new AWB. I could be wrong, but its a gamble I'm willing to take.

Assuming a new AWB goes through before June or so, I am stuck with my 1 gun purchase limit. Besides another 2-3 long guns is all that will fit in my crappy little safe (again purchase restricted by my wife).

The reason I said S-12, is that I expect prices to go up, availability to go down on the 12, as it's done in the past couple of years. Also, getting the 20 round drums for it may become problematic in the future. Fun gun, possibly banable in the future.

Already snapped-up my Ocrapa gun. A week before the election I grabbed the only M&P15R I could find in the county, 2 spare mags for a total of (3) 30 round mags, and 1080 rounds of bulgi steel core 5.45X39 to feed it with.

I will also be going to the gun show this weekend to look for more ammo ext.

I went with 4 or 5 stripped receivers, as they can be TURNED INTO 4 or 5 guns, and even if with marginal features, you can still resell and turn a large profit... at least thats how I would be thinking...

If I had to buy ONE gun just to have a gun... I agree with evildog. The PSL would be the way to go.

More accurate than the S308... more powerful than any .308 but not overly so... It has the ability to take *ANY* creature on the north American continent. Recoil is negligible... ammo is currently plentiful for it, and relatively inexpensive. Although thats the rub, should ammo be banned... you cant just go to a mom and pop shop and buy 54R.

I had two of them... and although I wish I never got rid of them now... they would certainly be my go to gun in a pinch for the most diverse, most effective caliber. :up:

:smoke:

Voted "other" because I have all the guns on the list and then some, except for the 6.5, I don't think that would help, only add to ammo cost. UH I HAD them, They feel out of the boat last week while fishing, but I'd like more silencers, still waiting on the paperwork for my .308 silencer to get here.

For me, the PSL and the S12 make the most sense, in that they're likely to be banned because they're likely to be EASIER to ban, being "stand-alone" models - meaning that Congress doesn't have to ban a whole "family" of gun models to stop those two being imported. I could easily see the PSL and the Saiga shotguns being banned because the PSL is so close to the "evil" Dragunov SVD, and the Saigas are semi-auto shotguns (the kind of "streetsweepers" the anti-gun crowd have such an intense hatred for).

Those two are at the top of my "must-have" list. Other than that, any AK variant, a nice Remington 700, and any decent semi-auto handgun with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. Of those, I doubt the Remy will be high on any "ban list", because it's just a damned good bolt-action hunting rifle, and trying to ban those kinds of weapons will REALLY get a whole lot of people royally pissed off.

Mike

No doubt a Springfield M1A Loaded model.

Barrett M99 .50BMG

If I could afford them, a PKM or a 50 cal.

OK guys, you did see he's got a $1,000 budget to include extra mags.

I'd say a S-12, no way the Dems will leave it alone as they ban every other assault type gun. Also, a good FAL clone is a good choice for power and cheap available mags. HK91 mags are cheap too. AK74 ammo might become an issue if ammo importation is effected. AR10 is well over $1000 with $40-50 mags. Stripped AR receivers are good in the long run when uppers and parts become available again...and who's to say it was/was not an assembled gun when a ban hits...but in the mean time its just a long term investment and not much use to the user.

OK I had just about shrugged off the overwhelming results of this poll and got a .308 of some sort because I already have a converted s20 and didn't really feel I needed another assault shotgun.

Then I walked into the door of my favorite gunshop to ask about prices on a FAL's and saiga .308's and I wasn't 3 feet in the door when he said "I have 2 Saiga 12's, $629 if you want one." I glanced around the shop saw the barren shelves and said yes sight unseen. The damn thing wasn't even unpacked yet... lol, fedex had just bought it in 2 minutes before. He sold the other one (as well as the 1 saiga .308 he got in the shipment) before I was even out the door. I'm glad I have my CHL cause the background check line must be slammed these days.

So now I gotta convert the bastard, maybe I'll sell my s-20, I don't know. It really seems absurd to have 2 assault shotguns.