It really seems absurd to have 2 assault shotguns.

Maybe, maybe not. In a true SHTF situation will you be hoping to survive alone? I personally have a number of good folks that as the song goes, "...we will assemble at the mountain..." Not everyone will be prepared and I am not ready to tell them to suck eggs. Just another thought. :)

Edited by 1911
It really seems absurd to have 2 assault shotguns.

Maybe, maybe not. In a true SHTF situation will you be hoping to survive alone? I personally have a number of good folks that as the song goes, "...we will assemble at the mountain..." Not everyone will be prepared and I am not ready to tell them to suck eggs. Just another thought. :)

Good point, 1911. Also, with there being almost no spare parts available for Saiga shotguns, it might be nice to have a "spare."

Is anyone else getting this sickenning feeling that no matter what you do you won't have done enough? I mean really, I only have 8 guns total, and i bought 6 of them this year alone. that said i still get the feeling i havn't gotten enough guns, mags, and ammo set aside to be happy when the hammer comes down...

I'm honestly pretty happy with my gun collection right now. I'd like to add a 1911, a .22 pistol and a remington 700. I'd also like to vastly increase my parts and ammo stash. However I don't think any of those things are at risk till his second term.

I mean don't get me wrong, in a perfect world I'd add every single one of those guns in my list above to my collection, but jeez I gotta draw the line somewhere. I don't have a gold mine in my back yard.

I highly recommend the Walther P22 over the Sig. My P22 is approaching 2000 rounds this year with but 3, at most, hiccups. (Sig guys haven't been as lucky) Just needs the higher velocity and heavier stuff (maybe $2 more a box of 550). Several people who have shot my P22 went out and picked one within the week since they are a steal at $250-$270. Good little gun, will shoot all day before you'll need to clean it and feels great to hold. If you own a P99, it's sized like 70% of that for training.

• 1 month later...

meh, i'm over the scramble for shit, its a waste of my money, by the time i'm done with the rest of my degree's i'll be busy paying off student loans, after the student loans are done i'll see where i'm at then, right now other things are much much more important then tossing away money for shit i don't really need. I got my handguns and 7.62, a couple of bare receivers. I'd have more ammo but everyone and their fucking mom has cleaned out every ammo shop in the area

Decide to get the following;

1911 in 9mm due to ease of repair and parts availability

.22 1911 conversion from Kimber for cheap practice

Already got everything else I need.

1911 in 9mm? The 45 is common with parts available, but 9mm? Seems like the most important parts aren't easily available; mags, barrel, springs, etc.

meh, i'm over the scramble for shit, its a waste of my money, by the time i'm done with the rest of my degree's i'll be busy paying off student loans, after the student loans are done i'll see where i'm at then...

National Guard currently has a $20,000 enlistment bonus and $20,000 student loan repayment.

I just had to make the same choice, well close. I wanted either a new tricked out Saiga 12 or an Ak103 all the +1's of a Ak74 but with the classic 7.62x39 round. I went with the Ak103. Good luck, the trick is to get it now though. He is in office i expect to see a price jack everywhere, just out of fear. Run away! The Obamanator is here to make a list of your guns and take away the fun ones!

Hello

Scored my last gun on Inauguration Day. Seemed like an appropriate way to join the "celebration".

May not be very practical, but that 3" chambered .410/.45LC Taurus "Judge" just seemed irresistable.....

After seeing it on last month's NRA "American Rifleman" cover I knew it would be mine.

guido2 in Houston

If I was planning for a S.H.T.F. and or AW ban.(I am) Get a 10 gun safe, buy 5-10 mosin 91/30 or M44's and at least 5000 rounds. They're not the fastest rifles to shoot, but you could arm your neighbors and they can reach out there (rifles) way out there.

• 2 weeks later...

This must be a sign...........I was just thinking of what my next purchase was going to be since it will probably be my last for sometime.....when I came accross this thread. I'm fixing to purchase a new home and all of my disposable income will be gone for a few years so I really want to make my next choice a good one....

In the last four months, I've bought:

1. Kimber Tactical Custom II .45

2. Taurus Tracker .357 6" barrell

3. Stag AR-15 24" predator .223

and just recently my first Saiga-12

I'm torn between a another Saiga-12 or 4 to 5 stripped AR-15 receivers, I figure if parts go scarce for a build I could always just trade/sell 2-3 lowers for other parts to make a couple complete rifles.

• 11 months later...