Norinco Ammo and Hunting Ammo

a guy at work has offered me 19 boxes of hunting ammo, and 25 boxes of FMJ...both 7.62x39. Now he says his father has had it forever and they were marked at $7.50 for the hunting and $5 for the FMJ. Im wondering a few things. is the Norinco special or should be worth more in any way? should it cost as much as some of the highway robbers are selling it for? he said he would sell the lot for $230...im kinda sketchy on that because he said his father had it YEARS AGO and it was marked super high. just RECENTLY has the ammo shot up to $5 a box! its still 880 rounds but i want to haggle with this fucker first. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! what do you think? ANY responses would be helpful...and i need them ASAP!!!!

We shot cases of this stuff in the early 90's. It's OK. The Eastern Europe and Russian is better if you ask me. It's not surplus, but the same as Chinese mil spec. The hunting was cut ended FMJ's, not the best. I would not pay over $4 a box X 44 box's $176. Offer him $150 and don't go up to $170. ONLY IF IT'S CLEAN AND PERFECT! If there is any rust or crud I'd walk as well unless he wants to dump it cheap then you could sort thru it.

Frosty

to quote Tapco:

"Now is not the time for doubt!"

700 round sealed tins of hotshot non corrosive berdan primed ammo newish production sells for about 140ish now.....considering how old the ammo could be, it may be corrosive and to me not worth my time, the ammo also coulda been sitting in a outdoor shed with no real protection to the elements....i would just turn my nose up to the idea and buy something safer.

Edited by Vultite

i talked to him today and its all non corrosive. i offered him $75 for the FMJ and he said he couldn't go that low...what a cheap skate! hes selling it for his "mother" so she doesn't have to look at it any more...i bet she told him to sell it for $100 and now hes high balling me...im not stupid! he went down to $200 for the lot...i still don't want it for that...

:booo: I'd walk away, sounds like he's trying get in on the hype going on.

All that stuff shoots ok for me in my saiga. I don't care about the corrosive ones because I love to clean my weapon after each firing. For deer hunting I'd use premium US brass ammo that costs $15 for 20 rounds, but for everything else- whatever is ok. I'd assume these are practice rounds and price it accordingly. These guys have calculated right- $75 or so, take it or leave it.

Edited by SHOOTERBOY