I am interested in a Marlin Camp 9 or a Ruger PC9. Let me know!

Thanks,

Richard

Camp carbine is iffy quality. Ruger is good but heavy and uses Ruger mags only. Kind of hard to find, but I wonder why. If you can find one, and have a beretta or glock, try a KelTec SUB2000 in 9mm. Ugly, but it gorws on ya. Also works very well in my experience. I turned my nose up at these for years until recently and after trying one I am looking for another. As I have a truck load of Glock mags, this was a no-brainer for me.

Get the Marlin! I had a Camp 9 and used it on duty for a while. It was very accurate and reliable.

The KelTec SUB2000 is a piece of crap. The front sight tower on the one that I used for a while would spin round and round. The thing would hold a 10 inch group at 100 yards, on a good day.

I have never used or shot the Ruger, so I have no opinion there.

Look at the Hi Point carbine.....I know, I know Hi Point!!!

But, It's a good shooting rifle , Ugly but ATI makes a nice looking stock for it.

What Lonerider said! I have two Hi Points (40cal and 9mm) and have never had one problem with either one. Both digest whatever ammo I happen to have on hand, are accurate and come with a lifetime warranty. My 9mm wears the ATI stock and is my favorite rifle, even more so than my Colt AR-15.

... My 9mm wears the ATI stock and is my favorite rifle, even more so than my Colt AR-15. ....

The good news is that if you really belive this I will be happy to trade you a Hi-Point for that crappy old AR you have!

The camp9 is my main home defense weapon. Backed up by my XD 9mm. With a slight mod to the XD mag they are interchangeable between the 2 firearms.

I bought both of mine off of gunbroker for about 400 each.

If you get 1 order a couple extra bolt buffers. These are the parts that fail the most often I'm told. I haven't had any problems after about 500 rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Camp Carbine a few years back because it would cycle the cheap 9mm plastic training ammo, that had a small metal tip.

They cost like 2 cents a round in bulk, but most 9mm carbines wouldnt cycle them, except for the camp carbine.

They take stock high cap S&W mags, with no fitting, and even the cheap USA made high caps one I have work fine in it.

I have no experience with the others, but if I sell mine, I have to move all the surplus practice ball I have with it. I think I have close to 5000 rounds of it, even though its only a 7 grain or so bullet, you really don't want to be in front of it for a few yards, I am sure. Great to plink and shoot garden critter with though.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a Camp Carbine a few years back because it would cycle the cheap 9mm plastic training ammo, that had a small metal tip.

They cost like 2 cents a round in bulk, but most 9mm carbines wouldnt cycle them, except for the camp carbine.

They take stock high cap S&W mags, with no fitting, and even the cheap USA made high caps one I have work fine in it.

I have no experience with the others, but if I sell mine, I have to move all the surplus practice ball I have with it. I think I have close to 5000 rounds of it, even though its only a 7 grain or so bullet, you really don't want to be in front of it for a few yards, I am sure. Great to plink and shoot garden critter with though.

I recently bought a Keltec sub2000 glock rifle. Folds to 16 inches for easy back pack or under jacket carry. Mine shoots a 4inch pattern at 100 yards. Also uses the same mags as my Glock 26- so I have a small hoard of 33 rounders for either one!

Marlin Camp 9 Shooters Warning!

If you have a Marlin Camp 9 and plan to use S&W 5906 Magazines in it be sure to take the time to bevel and polish the area on the top edge of the magazine behind the feed-lips. To positively identify this area, look down into a loaded magazine. The area right behind the primer of a loaded round on the outside surface is the area I am referring to.

I no longer have a Marlin Camp 9, so I can't easily give you a picture but you want to polish and bevel the area that comes into contact with the Magazine disconnect safety. The Marlins are beveled and polished from the factory, but the S&W's are not.

Failure to do so will cause a burr to form on the Magazine disconnect safety, preventing any magazine from being seated in the rifle. A Dremel will make quick and easy work of modding all your magazines and has no effect on their operation in your S&W Pistol. Only a very small amount of steel should be removed to ease the insertion of the magazine into the well. The whole job can be done with a polishing wheel, or even Emery paper, if that is all you have.

Do not grind on the Magazine disconnect safety! If you do so the rifle will cease to function. You can remove a small amount if necessary to get rid of a burr if you have already learned about this problem the hard way. :D

Edited by Azrial