I've decided to take on a winter project of converting my Saiga. I'd like to learn best outcomes of your projects, what works best for you, etc. I do have a preference for wood so understand that is a little bias and would expect to sand and stain. I'm willing to press-on, or clamp-on or whatever as long as I can purchase and do it myself? So, what would you recommend?

Edited by SHOOTERBOY

really man on something like this its personal preference, so i'd look through the converted pics thread and use that to help you decide what YOU like ;) if you see it on the thread it works, hehehe, a ton of options are out there for your gun and just about all of them work.

Edited by Vultite

For me it would have to include the press-on two piece handguards for sure. Maybe in a Krink length.

I like the black plastic or the red wood handguards best, and I would want a really nice set in either case.

I don't care for optics on an AK.

For me it'd be close to an AK-105 but with the Bulgy 4 piece flash hider.

Definitely an Ultimak gas tube. That poly lower HG that has three small pica rails.

Everything else stock.

That'd mean an SBR.

Would also mean waiting for Izhmash to pump out 5.45 Saigas...

For me it would have to include the press-on two piece handguards for sure. Maybe in a Krink length.

I like the black plastic or the red wood handguards best, and I would want a really nice set in either case.

I don't care for optics on an AK.

What source would you recommend for the red wood?

I always get the stuff locally. Tulsa has a pretty big gunshow every month, and the world's largest twice a year.

Maybe someone else can help with that.

ultimak upper and lower. jtac muzzle break. RSA adjustable trigger, RSA extended magazine release latch, ace internal adapter, ace pig nose adapter, vltor e-mod rifle stock w/matching buffer tube, rafaga Dog leg rail, kreb's enhanced safety latch

all i'm missing is the rsa adjustable trigger, ace hardware, and the jtac.