Bump Fire VS Tac-Trigger System?

Tac-Trigger

I was just wondering if this is really legal like the they say or if it is a BATF setup. Looks all fine and good but is this shit for real? You would think that Barbara Botox and Diane FineSwine would have already hyperventilated over this video.

Anybody have experience with any of these products?

I figured we could make this an informal poll... Are they Sweet or Gay?

Discuss... :smoke:

Edited by jtf979

I've never experienced one myself, but people I know have and they said it was pretty cool. Takes some getting used to though. If you have to hold the saiga 12 like they're holding their weapons, I'd say not. Holding the firearm like those guys do, you can expect an insane amout of muzzle climb and an increase in the chance of shooting stray bullets and shooting over the horizon. Thats not even counting the ricochet factor. Its a waste of ammo too, kinda hard to hit something when the gun is jumping around loosely firing shells randomly. Also, it could cause cycling problems if you hold it too loosely. Honestly, I think it would draw a little bit more needless attention than I would be comfortable with. If you want to try it go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you.

I don't think this subject is off topic because we are all AK fans here. I got started in the Saiga-12 stuff because of my interest in building AK's. I just figured that we are all gathered here to discuss AK/Saiga issues so we should take a look at the product and see if anybody has experience with it.

I'm sure it would give you a huge bruise or knock you on your ass if you attached it to your Saiga-12 though. Hmm...nine straight rounds of nearly full auto Saiga-12. Sounds like fun!

So I pose the question again.... is this thing any good or is it stupid(illegal) to buy one?

If is sucks on the Saiga then I can just hook up an AK with it and try.

Thanks again. :super:

Edited by jtf979

just loss of money brother....live and learn..just let us know how it works....

usually I talk myself into shit when it is 50.00 or less..know what I mean?

i kick myself in the balls less later if it is inexpensive(opinions vary) shit.

I DID buy a hellfire trigger system once......it didn't work very well....i could have bumped my finger faster, and probably been more accurate.....

Whatever. full auto is fun...Thank God I'm a 0331MachineGunner in the Marine Corps. I fire M60E3's, and M249 FN SAW's, and my favorite even though transitioning from the pig(M60E3) in 1994 was hard for me....sob...sigh...the M240G/E Machingun....sigh..i love you Kristine(my HMG has a first name) hee hee

They sell on Gunbroker.com for less than $35 after shipping. Kinda tempting...

I know what you mean abaout tempting yourself with stuff that is less than $50 total loss. I feel the same way. I guess I should spend the money on a muzzle break.

The Hellstorm looks stupid because of the way you have to hold your gun down at your hip. The GAT looks stupid becuase instead of aiming the rifle/shotgun you are turning your finger in strange ways to get the gattling gun effect.

I just thought that the Tac Trigger product looked cooler on the commercial because they were holding the rifles correctly and just squeezing out all of those rounds. Looked like it would be fun until you seperated your shoulder on your Saiga-12. Might just be hype. Can you really go wrong with a $35 investment though?

Edited by jtf979

I ordered the TAC trigger a while back and never did get it to work. It was the biggest waste of money I've ever come across. I would advise against purchasing it in the future. Stick to bump firing an AK, it is easy and cheap. In order for the TAC trigger to work, you'll have to have a very small, light trigger pull on whatever weapon you expect it to work on. That rules out all factory AK triggers and most AR ones.

Don't buy into the promotional videos.

I ordered the TAC trigger a while back and never did get it to work. It was the biggest waste of money I've ever come across. I would advise against purchasing it in the future. Stick to bump firing an AK, it is easy and cheap. In order for the TAC trigger to work, you'll have to have a very small, light trigger pull on whatever weapon you expect it to work on. That rules out all factory AK triggers and most AR ones.

Don't buy into the promotional videos.

dude.....your name is KYSOLDIER....hee hee heee

I hope that shit means Kentucky....lol

sorry bro. Marines VS. Army and all that....

I have fired rifles outfitted with the TEC/crank/TAC and hell f!re triggers. In my opinion they are ALL dangerous. I am not a big fan of auto's to begin with (even though I fire them occasionally). In my opinion these trigger conversions are made to be used with a light pull as stated earlier. If you have a setup on a tripod with a belt feeder, then sure! These mods are good for you. But for a standard rifle, pistol or carbine, they are just plain dangerous to operate accurately, they have a potential to snag on things and they are sure to draw unwanted attention. Not to mention the money you will spend on ammo just to get used to fireing it.

Without any mods I can fire all 5 rounds before the first hull hits the ground! (and my finger is a bit arthritic!) I've never seen a trigger gizmo worth a crap for a hand held weapon. THEY WOULD BE FINE FOR A SEMI-1911, but unless you have 3 hands or a tripod they just don't work.

G O B

KySoldier: do you know what you call the part of the navy guys' pants have those buttoned down fronts? that's a bib for the marines....hahah

although....if it came down to it? if you took two identical soldiers, one army and one a marine, and put them in a ring. my money is on the marine. sorry bro...

I am going up to shoot this weekend. Ill see if I can get any kind of decent clip of me bumping off my s12. the camera I have doesnt take the greatest video, so no promises. plus i dont know if I can even edit the clip so you dont have twenty seconds of me trying to turn it on and get in the right spot before I empty the gun. I tell ya, it sounds like an anti-aircraft gun when you do it, though.

my opinion is tac triggers are EH. why? because bump firing as was said is fairly easy and FREE. I can bump most of my centerfire semis off my shoulder as well once Im warmed up, so I wont ever buy one.

now a hand crank and a bipod on a 22 is a totally different story...

oh hah hah. what program do you have to edit with? maybe i have it somewhere and forgot about it.....

and if you think marines are smart ass know it alls, you should hang out with a navy seal. they might be bad ass and all, but i can testify as to why they hang with each other mostly. my hat is off to all of them any way though.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to let everybody know that the Super-Tac trigger in my opinion sucks. I mounted it on my converted 7.62x39 I fired of about 8 or 9 rounds fast as heck but then the whole thing jumped off my trigger housing. After remounting it and trying again I realized this thing is just plain dangerous. I put it all back in the package and put it in the drawer in the house. I havent quite mastered bump firing yet but will get a lot more practice now that I have a converted 12 guage too.