Pricing on Saiga-12

I really want to get a Saiga-12 and seem to have waited too long since the gun buying has become very expensive.

The best price I can get where I live is $725 + tax. Is that too much for this (given the gun buying environment?)

thanks

It's all subjective and relative. If you really researched a better deal, you might find it (say $600-700). Then again, from what I see, so called "black gun" demand is not waning and the price you mention is reflective of the supply/demand/gouging. I would pull the trigger on that deal if I really wanted one now but that's just my two cents (which is about all I have right now).

-Cheers

I really want to get a Saiga-12 and seem to have waited too long since the gun buying has become very expensive.

The best price I can get where I live is $725 + tax. Is that too much for this (given the gun buying environment?)

thanks

$725 is overpriced in my opinion.

thanks

A friend just picked up two Saiga 12's(one of which I just got through a trade) for $565.00 ea. from Rich Flynn at American Sport Shooting in Brodheadsville Pa. (570)992-4450. Call him up while he still has a few. He also has 10rd. AGP mags for 49.00 ea. I bought 6 before comrade Obama can ban 'em.

thanks

I'd wait for "Thee Grayte Gunne Panicke of '08" to subside. It seems unlikely to me that a renewal of the AWB will be an early order of business for the new congress. There's just a hell of a lot of things for an incoming administration to deal with. You may in fact find that some who rushed to buy a gun are looking to hock one to recover funds.

But it's a crap shoot. The AWB has been put up for renewal every year since it expired, and it's never seen the light of day. Even if the new congress passes it and the incoming administration signs it, it may not happen this year or even the next, and it will be challenged under Heller if it does. Whether it prevails under Heller is open to debate. :deadhorse:

thanks

I'd wait for "Thee Grayte Gunne Panicke of '08" to subside. It seems unlikely to me that a renewal of the AWB will be an early order of business for the new congress. There's just a hell of a lot of things for an incoming administration to deal with. You may in fact find that some who rushed to buy a gun are looking to hock one to recover funds.

But it's a crap shoot. The AWB has been put up for renewal every year since it expired, and it's never seen the light of day. Even if the new congress passes it and the incoming administration signs it, it may not happen this year or even the next, and it will be challenged under Heller if it does. Whether it prevails under Heller is open to debate. :deadhorse:

thanks, $599 was about the going price around here before the panic, I know slightly better deals can be had, but would you say that is a better price range to be looking for?

I just found one for $615. If you can wait I would, there will be a massive sell off. Right now in salt lake there is a definite panic and people are paying and asking stupid prices, gouging everywhere. Mt friend at a local gun shop said some suppliers are gouging as well.

this is all the gun control we need

Gun Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AYG4y5et5g

Also picked up a stock S12 2 weeks ago for $625. Was the last of 20 they had and didn't mind the price. Fresh out the box only manufactured a month earlier. Going to big gun show here this weekend with hopes of finding a few good deals on Saiga's. Like to pickup a 762 but if there are cheap S12's I may have to get a second. Love it so far.

Also picked up a stock S12 2 weeks ago for $625. Was the last of 20 they had and didn't mind the price. Fresh out the box only manufactured a month earlier. Going to big gun show here this weekend with hopes of finding a few good deals on Saiga's. Like to pickup a 762 but if there are cheap S12's I may have to get a second. Love it so far.

going to a show this weekend as well in Fremont, NE, hope I'm not competing with ya :)

Edited by kevins7189

going to a show this weekend as well in Fremont, NE, hope I'm not competing with ya :)

If I get to mine it will be Dulles, Virginia. Am sure I won't be the only one will be a big one.

You'll have to read your own tea leaves but I will add two thoughts -

The Distributor for the Arsenal/Saiga had 600 in stock two weeks ago and he has none as of today. There will be no more of those.

You might check out the No bama Special that Cadiz Gun Works has extended until Saturday. $660.00 http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry284468

Well i'm not proud to admit it but i am worried enough that i am one of the panicers of the great gun panic of '08. Obama's and bidens gun legislation in the past has me spooked, the democratic run houses, and the state of NY is fully under democrat rule now. Bad enough the AWB never ended for me, i'm afraid of further legislation. I feel as though i've been caught with my pants down so to speak. I got out of the military just 2 years ago, and it took me a bit to get stable and on my feet making that transition, this last year i JUST start gathering play toys and already doom for a hobby i never got fully in touch with looms on the horizon.

I got lucky. I bought my S-12 for $550 from "herb philipson's" and they are honest enough not to gouge. I'm sure anyone here can attest to that being a very fair price in todays market for a saiga 12. I was plaining on going there to be put on a waiting list becaws i've heard of supplyer issues, and lo and behold someone befor me pulled out on thier spot on the list, and they put the model scheduled for them in the glass. I wasn't so aprehensive, and said sold befor i held it in my hands.

tommarow i'm shopping for a bare bones AR-15. I want to make a civilian equivalent to the weapon i carried during my tour of duty. I just want a basic A-2 style next. I can only hope i can pack a few more in my collection befor the year ends.

Well i'm not proud to admit it but i am worried enough that i am one of the panicers of the great gun panic of '08. Obama's and bidens gun legislation in the past has me spooked, the democratic run houses, and the state of NY is fully under democrat rule now. Bad enough the AWB never ended for me, i'm afraid of further legislation. I feel as though i've been caught with my pants down so to speak. I got out of the military just 2 years ago, and it took me a bit to get stable and on my feet making that transition, this last year i JUST start gathering play toys and already doom for a hobby i never got fully in touch with looms on the horizon.

I got lucky. I bought my S-12 for $550 from "herb philipson's" and they are honest enough not to gouge. I'm sure anyone here can attest to that being a very fair price in todays market for a saiga 12. I was plaining on going there to be put on a waiting list becaws i've heard of supplyer issues, and lo and behold someone befor me pulled out on thier spot on the list, and they put the model scheduled for them in the glass. I wasn't so aprehensive, and said sold befor i held it in my hands.

tommarow i'm shopping for a bare bones AR-15. I want to make a civilian equivalent to the weapon i carried during my tour of duty. I just want a basic A-2 style next. I can only hope i can pack a few more in my collection befor the year ends.

Thank you all for the info. For the money I thought the forum offer no 'bama was a good value for me.

thanks

There are some $600 or less deals out there. I just got two from Peach State Guns for $579 each plus shipping. Their price could have changed too, but it was just last week.

thanks

There are some $600 or less deals out there. I just got two from Peach State Guns for $579 each plus shipping. Their price could have changed too, but it was just last week.

I just saw one here in salt lake in the adds for $900!!! factory stock, unconverted. another just sold for 725 and I saw a couple at DPH for low 600.

thanks

Dude here in Lower Texas they run 553.00 theres still 2 in a sporting good store that havent moved yet!! i want to pick up another 1 but i just saw a kel-tec su-16c .223 folding rifle for alittle over that price at the same place i'm thinking of jumping on it i already have 3 12 gauges and no 223 :cryss:

thanks

Dude here in Lower Texas they run 553.00 theres still 2 in a sporting good store that havent moved yet!! i want to pick up another 1 but i just saw a kel-tec su-16c .223 folding rifle for alittle over that price at the same place i'm thinking of jumping on it i already have 3 12 gauges and no 223 :cryss:

just wait for someone to break into your house with a 223 and you can get him with your 12 gauge while hes trying to target you, problem solved. :D

How about buying a saiga223 and converting it, they cost around 300 leaving you 200 for a down payment on the other 12 gauge

Was actually surprised, maybe I didn't look hard enough I don't know. Went to the Nations Gun Show in Northern VA, picked up a Saiga 7.62 new for $575. Wandered around the whole place mostly and saw all of six Saiga's, and I got one. One guy had 2 S 12's, one had a .308 and 7.62, one had a .308 and 7.62. All were in the $565-$675 price range. S 12's most expensive. Can't blame them, it was a lot of old rifles, antiques, ar's, m1's, ww2 era/style weapons, all kinds of stuff just didn't see a lot of AK's. Good prices on 7.62 ammo there so am happy I went, came away with a new 7.62 and over 500 rounds of ammo for about $700. As long as my money goes to a local gun store I don't have a problem paying a little extra either. Lots of good people out there.

Edited by Wotan1105
I just saw one here in salt lake in the adds for $900!!! factory stock, unconverted. another just sold for 725 and I saw a couple at DPH for low 600.

I've been seeing them selling from under 600 up to 800. The difference is huge. I blame the greed of the shops and the naiveness of the buyer. When I say greed. I mean the guy that had it for sale at way under 600 this morning and got a bunch of calls, then jacked it up to 700 before it's sold. I've seen that first hand. I even had a gun shop change the price of ammo when I took it to the counter. He said "here's the price..... we can keep it on the shelf". (No I didn't buy his $5.50 shells that were $4.25 a second before)

People should look around a bit. Let the top dollar guns sit as long as they can.

Personally I would have payed a little bit more at a local shop just so I didn't have to mail order them and I could have them in my hands a week sooner, but not much more. Maybe 600. So I'm to blame for the supply & demand inflation(price gouging) as much as anybody else I guess.

Edited by klm390

These were in stock a couple days ago. now back ordered til the 28th.

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/Shotguns/Saiga

Give these guys a call. They are showing $550. I don't see an in stock/out of stock indicator anywhere, so I don't know if they have them.

http://www.armsofamerica.com/firearms/saigashotguns.html

EDIT: Gunbroker Buy it now = $579 + 19 shipping. This guy lives real close to me and I checked w/ him two weeks ago. Back the he had the for $675. <<<let them sit a bit. They come around.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116795124

Gunbroker $599 + 25 shipping

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116768026

Edited by klm390

thanks

I would do some more research on that gun. I know a couple of owners and I have shot one. To me, a total POS it feels like an airsoft, it's light and innaccurate. Me and four others had 4" groupings @ 100 meters with match ammo. Look into a Saiga 223, or a complete AR-15. It's just the lowers that are selling out, there are complete guns everywhere.

I was in Centerfire Systems pickup location today. A handwritten sign on the wall said some Saiga 12's were still in stock, 24" barrel, for $549.00.

What would you say is the big difference between the barrel sizes?

I'd prefer a 19" due to space contraints.

thanks

I would do some more research on that gun. I know a couple of owners and I have shot one. To me, a total POS it feels like an airsoft, it's light and innaccurate. Me and four others had 4" groupings @ 100 meters with match ammo. Look into a Saiga 223, or a complete AR-15. It's just the lowers that are selling out, there are complete guns everywhere.

ya i saw some comments on youtube from the owners saying they jam and its too light but i guess what caught my attention was the fact that it folds undere the magazine and it can still shoot that looked pretty kool :unsure: o'well but since were on the subject how arew the saiga 223's are they has tough as an ar and ak?? do they jam easily or tend to break??? i've never owned a 223?? shot an ar like a year ago thats about it but thats all i'm lacking they cycle the same way as an AK right???

I was in Centerfire Systems pickup location today. A handwritten sign on the wall said some Saiga 12's were still in stock, 24" barrel, for $549.00.

What would you say is the big difference between the barrel sizes?

I'd prefer a 19" due to space contraints.

Umm, I don't know, about 5 inches?

Seriously, I haven't seen one personally and I only have the 19" as well because I like the shorter barrel length. I don't think the 24" is threaded, either.