Time sensitive. Saiga .308 or .223??

The Dems are coming, supply is dwindling, prices are rising out of sight:

ADD Version: I have a chance to get either a SAIGA .308 or .223. which one should I get? I likely need to decide by

COB tomorrow.

The gun will be used for target shooting, no hunting, and if the balloon ever goes up, defense.

I will probably modifiy it, nothing hugely fancy, but keep it compliant of course.

Long Version: I went to a gun store with a friend and they had a few SAIGAs that came in. Being a fan of Russian guns etc, I was interested. I bought an S-20 and my friend got a 7.62x39 and a .223

The shop has one .223 for $379 and one .308 with solid stock for $525 (I think). Im thinking of going back tomorrow and purchasing another. I was leaning toward the .223 which they are holding, but after reading this sight a bit Im leaning toward

the .308 (if its still there).

Which is the better gun?, easier to mod? Is there a better choice between the 2?

thanks guys. the .308 was spoken for when I went back so I got the .223 and an S-12 they overlooked in the back and happened to find while getting the box for the .223. (I gave back the S-20 and took the S-12)

now I search on how to customize em :)

Edited by why2kmax