My new Saiga. First Impressions... :wub:

I have always loved the simplicity of the AK design and for that matter the SKS. This rifle is no different. Came gift wrapped in all that smell preservative paper, but I guess it sure beats cosmoline. I have no 223 rounds to cycle, but everything appeared to operate as designed. To my untrained eye it appears that the AK trigger opening is already cut into the receiver. Actually, the current trigger parts kind of rest within the recess made by the opening and the plate welded to the bottom of the receiver. It almost seems as though the trigger wouldn't work if that recess were not cut out. Is this the case?

I will be going to the range before I start my conversion project, but I can't wait to get her converted back to her proper configuration. As nice as I think the Saigas look unconverted I think it is some kind of sin to leave her in a so called hunting configuration. The AK is a utility rifle that can do many tasks, none of which are hindered by that addition of a pistol grip!!!

Man I know the feeling, we not really I am about to know though.... I plan on ordering me one this week! Plan on using as is while I gather the convertion parts to make her what she is supposed to be. Gotta get it done before the new powers that be say we cant anymore.

Gotta get it done before the new powers that be say we cant anymore.

Only if you let it happen.

man! I just came back from the fun shop today guys said he has none and IF he can get anymore it wont be till the end of Jan. :( I called a whole bunch of other places and all are dried up....... It is looking scary out there guys.

man! I just came back from the fun shop today guys said he has none and IF he can get anymore it wont be till the end of Jan. :( I called a whole bunch of other places and all are dried up....... It is looking scary out there guys.

Look on gunbroker. There were tons of them at reasonalbe prices a few weeks ago.

Look on gunbroker. There were tons of them at reasonalbe prices a few weeks ago.

Oh my god cjive you saved my life! In the frustration of not being about to find one in person, or over the phone, or from retailers on the internet I totally forgot about Gunbroker. Man talk about a mental block. I checked them out and yes there are still deals to be had I think I will go ahead and make a bid! Thanks once again man. I am so sorry for highjacking your post........... let me put it back on your topic.

Have you taken it out to the range if so how did you do? Do you feel that she is pretty acurate? I will personally be comparing mine to my Polish Tantal in 5.45 to date it is the most accurate AK I have ever owned. Post some pics of yours so that I and Im sure others can drule over.