Some sighting questions, help needed!

Hey guys,

So I've been out twice with the converted Saiga. I think I've done well considering I wasn't a shooter previously. I do think that my groups are a bit low. I know that I will probably have to adjust my front post a bit.

Here is the target:

IMG_1710.jpg

Next, on the rear sight...The numbers 1,2,3 represent meters by the hundreds...correct? Do they represent the distance UP TO that number? Meaning, setting the target on one would be accurate up to 100 yards? Or do they assume that you are shooting at a distance of 100 yards off the bat?

I ask, because I shoot at 50 yards when at the range and keep my rear target on setting 1. Should I move it back at all?

Lastly, this will sound very noobish. When using the iron sights, the target is to stay on top of the post when lined up...like this:

Fuzzy_sight_picture.png

Correct?? Instead of covering the target with the post, the target sits on top of it...right?

Sorry for such newb-esque questions...but I came into this scene with very little shooting experience.

Thanks guys.

-Joe

Thanks for the replies guys.

So there is no "set in stone" rule for where the target should sit?

I aimed for the center many times, and only hit it a couple as you can see.

How do you guys usually aim?

Do I need to change the rear site at all?

thanks

-Joe

Do you have a sling? I put my left elbow through the sling and grip the forend with my left hand when Im shooting from a standing position you may have to adjust the sling a little. I find that the added tension helps stabilize my hold on the target.

Do you have a sling? I put my left elbow through the sling and grip the forend with my left hand when Im shooting from a standing position you may have to adjust the sling a little. I find that the added tension helps stabilize my hold on the target.

Thanks for the info man. Yes, I have a Bulgarian sling. It does seem a bit short though, since I have a NATO buttstock. I'll give it another go today.

Cheers

-Joe

Thanks for the info man. Yes, I have a Bulgarian sling. It does seem a bit short though, since I have a NATO buttstock. I'll give it another go today.

Cheers

-Joe

If you're trying to sight in the rifle it is best to have it solidly resting on sand bags so the strike points are due to the aimpoint/sight/gun rather than your wiggling. Then, you can adjust for the variances by dialing in the weapon.