Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Juggernaut

I know these are very sad days for you, but if you can see past the sadness, you should feel a true sense of pride.

You gave Petey many years of a very happy and safe life, and I'm certain he would never have traded that for anything!

Not to mention we all know going in to this, that we will inevitably see this day.....Yet, we go in to it nonetheless. That's shows some true character!

-Those are all things that should make you feel very proud, along with the sorrow for your loss. Feel confident that it was not Petey's loss, however.

Neither was it your loss. I'm confident you are all the richer for him gracing your family.

And I'm confident Petey is hoping a needy dogger will soon fill the spot left in your laps, 'cause he knows the spot in your hearts will always be reserved for him.

For the simple things we learn from them....True love, selflessness, and loyalty.....

Through tears,

guido

Sorry for your loss. I have had to have 2 put down within a year. My black lab mix had kidney failure and a damn red tail hawk attacked my little buddy rat terrier. He made it through the attack but even after many trips to the vet we could not stop the infection and had to put him to sleep. :cryss:

Bummer and a hard task. Even knowing it's for the best.

After a rough last month and putting it off this week, our 14yr old goes tomorrow.

our prayers will go with you tomorrow as well...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Get out there and get a new buddy ASAP! You know Pete is waiting for you and will live forever. There's no reason not to. You don't think he'd mind, do you?

Juggs, I might add that you have a girlfriend that truly truly loves you. Sorry about every ones loss. Twinsen is right you need to go out there and find a puppy to soften the blow and keep your chin up high for being able to be there through Petey's last days. Hope I'm not rambling on.

13 years is a good long life for a white boxer...

Pete has had diabetes for around a year and a half... and was nearly blind.

his organs just started shutting down.....

Still, it don't make loosin' your best bud any easier...

He was a gentle giant and a big baby...

Dumb as a box of rocks in all the good ways... I got to laugh at least once a day for 13 years.

he was afraid of just about everything...

at 100lbs... it was cute and pitiful.

like the old saying goes...

God, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am...

I am so sorry for you Juggs. You know I know how you feel and my heart absolutely aches for you.

Juggernaut- I'm very sorry to hear you lost your friend. Having gone through this twice in the last year myself I know all too well just how you feel. Its so important to grieve openly and honestly as you are doing, and by doing that we somehow get through it. God bless you, and God bless Pete. May he rest in peace.

13 years is a good long life for a white boxer...

Pete has had diabetes for around a year and a half... and was nearly blind.

his organs just started shutting down.....

Still, it don't make loosin' your best bud any easier...

He was a gentle giant and a big baby...

Dumb as a box of rocks in all the good ways... I got to laugh at least once a day for 13 years.

he was afraid of just about everything...

at 100lbs... it was cute and pitiful.

like the old saying goes...

God, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am...