Saiga shotguns in NJ

well the dealer i had the guns sent to said he talked to a friend of his thats a lawyer which knows the do's and don'ts of gun laws here.the lawyer said that people have got in trouble for having them beause in our NJ law we have our own retarded assault weapons ban.lists a buncha semi-auto versions of assault rifles also banning the m1 carbine which is ok with the federal ban.well the NJ ban says all kalashnikov firearms are banned.even when the saiga complies with the law.its a good think they haven't banned the sks.you sposedly can't own one with detachable magazine,just fixed mag types.i would assume it probly depends on the dealer.maybe a different dealer will say somthing else if i had it sent to him?the only thing to do is get out of NJ.I'm so tired of the mixed up laws and corrupt goverment here! :evil:

I don't even have a place to shoot rifles where i am.I hafta pay 20 bux at the handgun range i go to for range fee's,and i can only shoot pistol caliber rifles if any.there is a range close by,but its a hunting range and i hafta bring someone that has a hunting permit with me or get one myself.and i can only shoot .22's and shotguns.its good a friend of mine has a hunting permit.this saterday we're goin to that range and i'll finaly get to shoot some of my guns for free for a change.where do you go shooting at?i'm in ocean county,NJ not far from ocean.

Yeah, NJ's laws are confusing, aren't they? (I think they are purposefully designed to be that way in the hopes of discouraging you :D). Rest assured as far as I know that Saiga shotguns are permitted in NJ (they only have two of the three "evil" features on them that make them verboten to own). :rolleyes:

Edited by Gaddis

NJ State police assault weapons definition:

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/about/fire_ag2.html

A semi-automatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

1. A folding or telescoping stock

2. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon

3. A fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds

4. An ability to accept a detachable magazine

Saiga does NOT qualify for assult weapon.

Happy shooting in NJ. Piss off liberals.

maybe i'll go get it from a diferent dealer.who knows maybe some dealers are biased of russian guns like ak's and saiga's n stuff.so you sayin i could legaly own a SAR1 rifle n stuff?i do want to get saiga rifles too.infact they are cheaper than the shotguns.your range sounds like its way up there.mostly it sounds like you hafta join and exspensive club to fire centerfires in NJ.by the way,i heard bout some big gun club up north.a friend of mine who cleans bathrooms says his bro has a gunclub up north jersey someplace.i'd love to go shoot with him sometime.he's cool,talks bout gun competitions n stuff.thing is i haven't much choices in dealers. got shoreshot pistol range in lakewood,NJ.and bob kislins sports in toms river.where else is there a dealer close to me?i live in Forkedriver,nj.well the bait shop in town sells muzzle loaders,bows n arrows,ammo for reg guns,but no reg guns!! :angry: so i may hafta travel far and long if bob kislins won't let me get saiga's through them.

I don't know if i should join a big gun club cuz i don't wanna live in NJ forever.Its not my type of place.Lookin for some place will hills n more countryside,not traffic and billions of idiots stupid enough to keep these gun grabbin nazis in office.the real reason why i or anyone else is denied a carry permit,is because of the judges in office.they need to get out!Because of those ppl's poor judgement,is why i can't carry a gun.They break the law everytime someone go's for a FID or handgun permit!Yet if a citizen breaks the law its bad jujubes.

Anyways i'll look into gettin my damn saiga's from some one else than that pistol range.I did get another shotgun,its a mossberg 500 pump-action with 3" chamber ,fires 3" and 2.75" shells,fits 6 2.75" shells and 5 3".barrel is 28 " ribbed and ported. got it for 169$ brand new. gonna shoot it tomoro for first time.its nice gun,but i still want a saiga shotty and rifle. i don't got any prob with having many guns :super:

• 7 months later...

I'm in NJ and I bought my Saiga 12 from Mikes Sporting Goods on Rt.38E in Mt. Holly.

If you need a place to shoot in NJ, contact me.

I'm going Deer hunting in Dec. with mine JUST to erk the Game Wardens. The mag will be blocked to two rounds so it will be legal as far as I know.

Also, if your tired of the screwed up NJ gun laws laws, join us and help change them.

Meeting will be held on the 27th of June 2004 and a gun rally in Trenton on the 16th of July.

GET ACTIVE!

www.njcsd.org

:super:

Hey violentliver,

Wanna hear something cool? Yes, the SAR-1 is legal to posess in NJ, along with the Arsenal AK offerings (SAM-7, etc.). As long as the firearm in question does *NOT* have a military nominclature stamped on it anywhere (i.e. - AK-47, CETME, FAL, etc.), it should be okay to own in the people's republic.

So, (following that logic), I imagine a commercial version of the M-1 carbine (like the "Universal" model (as long as "M-1" is not stamped on it conspicuously anywhere)) should be okay to posess here too.

Now still finding a cheap & legal place to shoot these treasures...