25rd Saiga-20 Drum Magazine! MD Arms, Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are a bad man! A very bad man! Now I'll have to go and buy a Saiga 20 just to see how your 20 ga. drum compares to the Saiga 12 ga drum. You are sooooooooooo E-V-I-L; forcing me to buy more weapons, drums and ammo.

I guess I'll have to do my part for the economy and buy more toys....er....economic stimulus products. Yea, that's it. That is how I'll sell it to my wife. I just had to buy another Saiga and drums from MD Arms to be patriotic and support the USA's manufacturing base. A 25 round 20 ga. drum...it's going to be so B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L :super:

BTW, if the story on "stimulus products" doesn't work on the wife. You wouldn't happen to have a place a brother could pitch a pup tent until she cools off would you? It should only take two, maybe three years...tops! :big_smile:

Seriously though. We can not let BO or any other politician intimidate any of us into not doing anything. Fear is the tool of a tyrant. If they pass a law, that is one thing and we'll have to deal with that situation as the situation dictates. But your decision to push forward with what you want to do in spite of political climate is the path of courage. And it may sound 'hokey' but that is the American way. I have decided not to let them intimidate me into surrendering any of my rights. Then again I may just be getting old and grumpy. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
Sorry guys, this has been put on the back burner to fry bigger fish. I'm not ruling it out all together... but just not right now.

Good. I hope it is to put your energy into making some S20 beta 12 rnd dbl stack mags that you need me to test for you. Just know, I will do my best and have 3K rnd ready and waiting to go. lol

I smell somethin cookin !

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, this has been put on the back burner to fry bigger fish. I'm not ruling it out all together... but just not right now.

:/

Hope you are cooking something up for us 20ga guys.

Our lack of... anything aftermarket at all... is quite disconcerting. Was really hoping your drum would happen.

• 3 months later...

Just came across this thread. I am extremely excited about your S12 projects(primarily the magwell & doublestacks), but once those are done, this would be REALLY cool and I would have to SERIOUSLY consider buying an S20. I know I've heard a lot of S20 owners wishing that there was a drum for them. I hope you don't scrap this project and after your incredible S12 products come out you work on getting this into production.

• 1 month later...

How did you come to decide on a 25 round drum? Why not a 30 round drum instead, at least it makes since to me as most mags come in 30 round capacity for some reason.

25 rounds is what fits in the MD-20 12 ga drum body. It requires the least number of changes to the molds.

• 2 years later...
I was planning a Saiga-20 drum but was waiting for the election results before I decided to do it or not.

After BO won I called it off. Now I am thinking screw that and screw him!

I hope to have a prototype in about 2 or 3 weeks. It will be a 2 3/4 only. The great thing about this is I will be able to use the molds I have now. I can make a few extra parts for the molds and some slight mods to the tooling to get this done rather quickly compared to the 12ga drum!

I won't be taking preorders on this. Well, I may start a list but I won't be taking a preorder with a deposit. Because I'm not sure if I will get done before a new ban is past. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate on a gun ban or anything but I just don't know what to expect and fell the gamble of this project is a lot higher than it use to be!!! I guess if a new ban is past I will only have an export or LE market for it. I am going to give it an honest shot for the US market though!

I may be asking for trouble posting this thread with my limited question answering schedule here but just wanted to let everyone know.

I don't have a stock pile of 20's like I did with the 12ga. If anyone is in the Dayton area with a 20ga I would like to possible meet some of you to see how the proto runs in your gun. Let me know if this is you. I want to put it to the test in as many 20's as possible. (before I start shipping them to the customer :haha::ded::lolol:)

would like to buy a couple of your drum magazines for the Saiga-20 23rd/25rd. How, where, and how much. Please let me know, SLREY@Yahoo.com

as you are new to the board, I will tell you that you knocking on MD ARMS door isn't going to be answered, he hasn't been on this board for the last couple years or so

you dug up a thread that is over 4 years old, he didn't make any 20 gauge drum, so there isn't any to buy

the only drums that are out there is the 20 round 12ga. PRO-MAG and MD ARMS, and the 30 round .410 ga made by PRO-MAG only.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins