I realize there is a rush on the Saiga rifles, in all varieties. But is the rumor that the Russian aren't shipping them anymore true? Seems like very stupid political timing to decide you don't want money.

I ask because I'm considering the sale of my .308 and .223 conversions. If I have no way to ever get another someday, then I'm not selling them.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a new member and seemed to have screwed up my last attempt to post...so here I go again. I live in southwestern Indiana. RAAC is located in Scottsburg Indiana which is not far away. Approximately 1 month ago I contacted RAAC concerning warranty work on a new Saiga 308 rifle purchase. I inquired about the lack of 308 Saiga rifles on the market right now. I was assured by RAAC that the 308 Saiga rifles/carbines are still being manufactured and imported but supply cannot keep up with demand. RAAC also explained they are expecting a large shipment of Saiga shotguns and they were concentrating on that right now. My local FFL snagged me a Saiga 16 308 from Zander Sporting Goods last week. It was a new shipment and I had back ordered it about 1 month ago. I also have a 7.62x39 16 Saiga on back order but so far I'm SOL.

One of the background stories I heard is that with the overwhelming demand for S12's the mother factory(s) got everything tooled up for the S12's and therefore other calibers were left wanting.

Makes perfect sense from my limited experience with Russian manufacturing patterns in general - they historically do huge runs of one make/model/size of an item, then move on to something else.

Like if a size Large winter hat doesnt fit, you might be in for a long cold winter :haha:

Cheers, HarvKY

I ordered a IZ-109 Saiga 12 on Thursday, 12/17 from a gun store and it was ready for pickup on Monday, 12/22. $520 + tax. So, Saiga 12s are availabe, just for more $$$ than they "should" cost.

They have one wood furniture 308 in stock, but they want $580 + tax for it. They told me that they expect supply of 308s to ease up in January. I did not realize to ask them what information they are basing that on.