Tromix Fakes !/?

From the Tromix web site....

So, you see a Tromix Saiga-12 for sale and the buyer is asking a premium price. How do you know if it's a real Tromix gun, or simply a fake, cobbled up on someone's kitchen table? Here's a few tips to help you identify a fake from the real thing.

How to identify a real Tromix Saiga-12.

1. Your gun must have a Tromix HK style trigger guard Tig welded in place.

2. The pistol grip does not use a square hole cut in the receiver to hang it in the conventional AK style. There is a threaded rod welded to the receiver to hang the grip. There were a handful of guns, maybe 5 or so, with the square hole, but then the square nut would have been welded in place (externally) in order to make grip installation easier.

3. No Tromix guns were ever produced with an external safety stop like the factory unit. Very early guns, just had a dimple detent. Later guns had a welded in nipple on the side of the receiver to stop the safety selector.

4. All guns have a welded in back plate which has threaded inserts to bolt stock in place. No guns were made using the ACE adapter block to affix the stock.

5. If the gun is equipped with HK sights, you can remove the rear sight and look at the welds inside. The rear mount is affixed via Tig welding front and back on the inside. If it looks like a Mig weld or the welds are in a different location, it is not a Tromix installed sight base and most likely not a Tromix gun.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

From the Tromix web site....

So, you see a Tromix Saiga-12 for sale and the buyer is asking a premium price. How do you know if it's a real Tromix gun, or simply a fake, cobbled up on someone's kitchen table? Here's a few tips to help you identify a fake from the real thing.

How to identify a real Tromix Saiga-12.

2. The pistol grip does not use a square hole cut in the receiver to hang it in the conventional AK style. There is a threaded rod welded to the receiver to hang the grip. There were a handful of guns, maybe 5 or so, with the square hole, but then the square nut would have been welded in place (externally) in order to make grip installation easier.

gun.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

HEY!!! I must have a rare one.. My SBS has a square hole with and a square nut NOT welded in place.

Edited by Banshee

"*****This is a Class Three Weapon*********** I have a Saiga 12ga that I was told was converted by Tromix. It has no tromix marking that I can see. This is a Class three weapon that is on form 4 here in TX. It has a 13" barrel."

13" SBS.........a Class 3 weapon, and no Tromix marking...........(Key words above in blue........)

Without even a picture to see to verify.........NOT A TROMIX SBS.

(Whoever did do it shirley put their name on it, right???)

Edited by Jeaux E
"*****This is a Class Three Weapon*********** I have a Saiga 12ga that I was told was converted by Tromix. It has no tromix marking that I can see. This is a Class three weapon that is on form 4 here in TX. It has a 13" barrel."

13" SBS.........a Class 3 weapon, and no Tromix marking...........(Key words above in blue........)

Without even a picture to see to verify.........NOT A TROMIX SBS.

(Whoever did do it shirley put their name on it, right???)

Seems like your post in his ad has been removed....hmmmm? :lolol: Guess some people can't take a little, simple instruction.

Yep, I noticed that this morning when I went to check it................

Likely doesn't want anyone to point out that it's NOT A TROMIX SBS..........

It could be a TROMIX conversion, but Tony did not do the SBS work on it, as he is implying...........

Couldn't believe he took my post out..........................

Got an e-mail from the Sturm board when I got back home today......... Thought it was pretty interesting......

I didn't know RAA did any SBS work............(hmmmmmmmmmmm)

"Your post was deleted by Buddy and Not by me. It was deleted because Sturm is not a message board. If you have something to say email it to the seller. I checked my Form 4 and this is a RAA factory gun. It was made by them and registered by them. Sorry for any confusion this has caused. GYZ"

For damned sure NOT a TROMIX SBS, anyway............

I'm going to have to check this when I get to the shop tomorrow, but I believe RAA only has an importation FFL, not a manufacturing FFL. I'm not sure if an importer can manufacture a gun with that license.....I kinda doubt it.

It sounds like a Form 1 gun, where the guy listed RAA as the "original manufacturer" but they are not the manufacturer of the SBS, only the Title 1 gun. Some Joe Blow dude is the SBS manufacturer and his name and city/state should be marked on the gun.

Tony

I'm going to have to check this when I get to the shop tomorrow, but I believe RAA only has an importation FFL, not a manufacturing FFL. I'm not sure if an importer can manufacture a gun with that license.....I kinda doubt it.

It sounds like a Form 1 gun, where the guy listed RAA as the "original manufacturer" but they are not the manufacturer of the SBS, only the Title 1 gun. Some Joe Blow dude is the SBS manufacturer and his name and city/state should be marked on the gun.

Tony

Tony,

Did you find out any more on this issue?

Mine fits the bill except for the grip nut and the safety stop. I got the welded back plate and trigger guard,HK sights,and moly job. I guess mine really is a Tromix mop up job,since it was partially converted already. Not an issue cause I would never sell unless they made me. Some day when Tony takes orders again I would like the nut hole done cause it was cut fugly.

Yeah, there are some goofy semi-Tromix guns, where the gun was converted on a kitchen table, fucked up, and then sent in to be reworked. Those guns are all different, because the owner may or may not have paid to have it completely fixed, or just fixed enough to get it going.

Tony

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...