Working the Friday after Thanksgiving?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Working tomorrow?

• Yes, I have to work
    • Yes, I volunteered to work
    • No, I am not working
    • No, and I'm laughing at those who are working
    • I like pumpkin pie

Tomorrow is the last day of the month (for our statistical purposes), so I will be working. I have to close out cases that have been decided so we get credit for the work during the month. For those who will not be at work, enjoy your day off and rest assured and feel safe that I will be carrying out my official duties (for what ever that is worth)!

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

Have the next 6 days off, got up at 6am to start cookin. 20lb bird, spiral cut ham , mac and cheese, spinich greens, cornbread, and yams. Pistachio pudding, carrot cake, and pumpkin pie for desert. Gonna be fat and happy all day. Hope you all do the same.

I'm here at work today; Happy Gobble, Gobble; however I will be going home at about 1600-1630L for some good grubbing only to return to my appointed place of duty to get off at 0800L on Friday...were 24hr shift workers here at Marine Corps Air Station New River.

NCO power will only get you so far....home made turkey, gravey, stuffing, pun'kin pie and mash'd tatters will get you a lot further!! This wife thing is pretty cool !! :P

I am LAUGHING at those who have to work TOMORROW... BLACK FRIDAY!!!

You my friends... if you are in the retail business, and have to deal with the general populace... are FOOLS!

I almost refuse to LEAVE THE HOUSE on "black Friday" and thank God I have a job that I dont have to deal with money grubbing, deal seeking, greedy, all for themselves capitalist shoppers!

I also think its a travesty that business have to CATER to the hype, and turn what would normally just be a traditional shopping day into a race to the finish, get there before anyone else, stand in line, HURRY UP AND WAIT to THINK you MIGHT, maybe if you are one of the fist "X" number of people in the door shoppers, get a great deal on something you COMPLETELY DONT NEED ANYWAYS!!!!

Yes... I am a little bit negative about Black Friday... :lol:

:smoke:

My daughter said I should have added a category for "I have to work but I'm not going in." I told her that the members of this forum are far too dedicated to their jobs for that to even be an option. Her response was typical 15 year old: "Yeah, right!"

WJ

Thanks Indy, I am glad you think that I and my wife are fools.

We both work tomorrow. My wife is a manager at a retail store, and must be there at 5:30 am until 10:30 pm, and I will be at the gunshop, fixing or selling, depending on customer flow.

We both work Saturday also, but both have Sunday off.

No working for me tomorrow. Have to head over to my wife's cousin's house for her side of the family's big get together to choke down even more turkey... Don't have to be there until around 4 so I am going to do some reloading in the AM and relax. Probably take the pups out for a walk through the 'hood to enjoy the day.

And one more day will pass that will bring me closer to receiving my S12!!! :smoke:

chores and work have become the same and blurred into one year long workweek it seems like.

I hope to get some fly fishing in somewhere though tomorrow sometime. Hopefully I can find somewhere there is room for my backcast without one of the locals walking into my backcast unknowingly, and there arent airboats roaring by. My pop tied me a couple "testers" out that i think might work real good, at least the one....I have to get out there and see if my buddy "big bird" made it back yet (a blue heron that fished with me almost every day for two months over at the lake I live near, last year). He isnt quite the big bird that lived nearby back in Milan, NY, who didnt leave in winter and was HUGE, but he would be a welcome sight. Even if he does miss a fish i toss in the water in front of him from time to time. Fair sport, and all, right?

I'm sure we will get the expected influx of Black Friday shoplifters, petty thiefs, and domestic abusers, just another day in a well paid paradise :devil:

Be happy, there are thousands of guys just like this that need your support.

OldJoe.jpg

Edited by ML Roak

Seems I'll be working right straight thru till Jan 19th................buildin "Specials".........seemed like a good idea when I started the sale..............My life has been consumed by Saiga's..................Did take the wife out on a date for dinner and a movie yesterday........then came home and hand rubbed some more oil finish on a stock set ...........starting to feel like a character from an old 50's horror flick, ......."Build Saigas" keeps running in the background music....................must build Saigas...must build Saigas..must build Saigas........must build Saigas................................................. :smoke: