BHO Trouble

I've recently converted my S308 and when I got done putting it all together I looked down and was like: "Craaaap, I forgot to put the BHO back in." Well I took my gun back apart however am having quite a time trying to get the BHO spring back in. Is there an easy way to do this? Is it normal for the spring to put up this much of a fight or am I putting it in wrong? Thanks.

-Broke

Loop a piece of dental floss/heavy thread through the spring loop and feed the ends of the string through the BHO hole... when you get the BHO spring lined up... pull the threads to get the loop low enough for you to slide the cross pin through... then pull one leg of the string to remove it... DONE.

:smoke:

Loop a piece of dental floss/heavy thread through the spring loop and feed the ends of the string through the BHO hole... when you get the BHO spring lined up... pull the threads to get the loop low enough for you to slide the cross pin through... then pull one leg of the string to remove it... DONE.

Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try.

Hmmm, just finished changing out the FCG and couldn't figure out how the spring went back in on the BHO so I just left it out. Anyone have a pic or parts diagram that might show how that fits?

If you are looking into the receiver from the top, and the barrel is to your left... the long leg of the BHO spring is to the FRONT of the gun, the loop of the spring points UP, and the short leg with the kink will be towards the back, and goes over the little tab on the BHO piece itself.

Cant explain it any simpler than that... If you need pics with THAT explanation... You will have to use the search button for the image yourself... :haha:

Keep in mind, if you are using a TAPCO FCG... the hammer pivot is wider than the factory hammer pivot, because of the thickness of the BHO it needs to clear, and you will most likely need to grind a small amount off the Tapco hammer pivot on the right hand side of it, so it MATCHES the factory hammer dimensions. Otherwise IT WILL NOT FIT IN THE GUN, WITH THE BHO unit!!!

Thanks for the description :smoke: My search results the other day didn't turn up what I was looking for. Think I will leave it the way it is, the factory mag holds the bolt open on last round anyway. Only problem with that is it leaves me one part short of 922r, unless I trade out a follower or floor plate from the FBMG 20 rounder?