galil mags?

Bear with me... I'm a computer tech who's not at _all_ mechanically inclined... I will be asking a LOT of questions in the near future...

I recently bought a 308 and 20ga saiga... I was told you could use a 25rd galil mag in the 308 but it requires a "conversion"

what does this "conversion" consist of?

is there somewhere cheaper than cdnninvestments (who wants $90 for the mag) that I can get it from?

also, as a side note... does anyone know of a cheap place to buy a brick of ammo?

thnx

Andrew

Mags are left alone, rifle mag well needs to be modified to fit the mag. need access to a milling machine, tig or mig welder. front trunion needs to be milled out to accept the front of the mag. Front mag catch needs to be built up by welding up on the original ledge. I just purchased the 25 round mag, measured, did a little work on it..repeat....until finished. A competant machinist should be able to wing it with out too much trouble. If I can do it on mine, with the tools I have... a smith should be able to do it with no trouble. Pics of mine are in posts below.

Bill