new s-20 owner

hey guys. i've been lookin for a semi auto 20g for a while now and a buddy of mine showed me the saiga. i liked it but didn't have the cash at the time for the only one forsale in the area. i got to talking to the future father-in-law and he said if i wanted a semi auto 20g a guy at work had a bunch of guns that were willed to him that he was selling for cheap as he isn't a big gun fanatic. so i told him to get a list and ill look through it. come to find out the guy had a s-20 on there and had no clue what it was or what it was woth and said he wanted best offer for it. the father-in-law offered him $50 for it and brought it home for me. so now i have a saiga-20 with 1 5rd clip and only paid $50 for it. are there any problems i should check for before i go shooting it. i found how to field strip it by doing a google search and everything seemed well oiled with no grim anywhere in the gun. looks to have rarely been fired. i'll be asking many questions in the future and hope i dont look like a newbie with some of them that i ask.

Edited by squeak003

YOU sir... ARE A BASTARD!

Seriously!! NICE STEAL .. um... I mean SCORE!!!

Those deals come rarely in life... but they sure are nice when they do!!!

Just make sure its clean, and whether or not its been fired a lot. Many of the S-20's will have some feeding issues when new, but after some serious shooting they tend to "break in" and shoot everything without a hitch!

So if ya go shooting it and its jamming, or not ejecting properly, dont stress it, its probably just cause the gun isnt broken in yet...

SO what else is left that they want to sell for a song??? I might be interested in some things for $50.00 myself!!!

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to these guys. The Saiga 20 is a piece of junk because you need a 12 gauge or else you are not a man. I'll take it off your hands though for 75 bucks unseen. I'll let my teenage daughter shoot it since it's a 20 gauge. And only girls shoot 20 gauges!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to these guys. The Saiga 20 is a piece of junk because you need a 12 gauge or else you are not a man. I'll take it off your hands though for 75 bucks unseen. I'll let my teenage daughter shoot it since it's a 20 gauge. And only girls shoot 20 gauges!!!!!!!!

not selling.......and im pretty scrawney (built like a woman if u will) so i think i should be alright with it

not selling.......and im pretty scrawney (built like a woman if u will) so i think i should be alright with it

Well I tried to help you join the ranks of toughest guys in the universe, to each his own I guess. Very nice pick up. Looking forward to hearing how it functions. I hope you know I was just joking in my earlier post. I try and not put smiley's when I think I can get away with it.

Edited by superA

Well I tried to help you join the ranks of toughest guys in the universe, to each his own I guess. Very nice pick up. Looking forward to hearing how it functions. I hope you know I was just joking in my earlier post. I try and not put smiley's when I think I can get away with it.

it takes a lot to tick me off........and that kind of jokeing is like a 2 on a scale of 1-10 that im used too.....it get pretty rough at work and other forums im a part of

it takes a lot to tick me off........and that kind of jokeing is like a 2 on a scale of 1-10 that im used too.....it get pretty rough at work and other forums im a part of

:beer:

Only shotgun I own is a 20g so I must be a pansy myself.

For 50$ you basically stole it. You should turn yourself into the authorities immediately. I am calling Michigan state police to find your ass.

it wont take long for them to find me......i've had way to many background checks

• 4 weeks later...