Bolt action Saiga 7.62x39...please help

First post on here, I spent quite a bit of time on TFL and got a link to this forum on there. I'm in need od some help.

I finally got the converted Saiga out today for the first time after putting the Ultimak and red dot on it. Well, it's chambering the rounds fine, firing, ejecting the empty after firing but the bolt's not resetting the trigger. It is working great by hand but mot by actually firing. I thought that since this was the first time out with the Ultimak on it that might be it but I replaced the Ultimak with the original gas tube and it's still doing it....plus I tried it with the Tapco G2 and an Arsenal fire control group...both being fairly new trigger groups. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Can you reset the trigger by pushing forward? Commonly this is caused by one leg of the trigger spring slipping off the rear of the trigger assembly. You can pull off the cover and check.

Another situation that caused the trigger not to reset for me, is that the trigger was catching on the very forward point on the Tapco (crapco) saw grip.

post some closeup pics of the internals if you can...

That would be the first thing...

Does the trigger move FREELY in the receiver?? Sometimes you need to "cut off the corner" of the G2... as it hangs up on the smaller trigger hole in the Saiga receiver and that causes it to not move to its FULL extent... Thats something to ponder... without actually holding it in my hand and seeing it, it is hard to say... BUT no worries, you are in the right place. we will get you straightened out here. :up:

:smoke:

Sorry it took so long for some pics but it's been a crazy week. Everything looks normal to me but yall are the experts here. The trigger doesn't seem to be getting caught, the hammer's just following the bolt forward when I fire (I can't dublicate it by hand). Also how long should the disconnecter spring be?

1000507xu0.jpg

1000508ox2.jpg

Edited by hoytinak
From looking at the picture it sure looks like the disconnector is installed backwards... If you hold the trigger back, can you cock the hammer with your finger and have it stay back?

I don't see how I could have installed the disconnecter backwards, it only goes one way. Yes, the hammer locks back by hand, just not firing.

Pull the trigger, and hold it back. While holding it back cock the hammer with your other hand. The hammer head should catch on the disconnector not on the trigger hook and stay back. In the pics you posted I really can't see the disconnector tab, but its hard to say 100% from that angle. I'd swear you've got the thing in there flipped back to front.

Top picture is the correct way. The pic in the reciever looks good too. You have the FCG spacer through the trigger and disconnector then installing your axis pin.

Is the area in the circle rubbing each other not letting the trigger reset fully.

post-6703-1228617748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138
Top picture is the correct way. The pic in the reciever looks good too. You have the FCG spacer through the trigger and disconnector then installing your axis pin.

That's what I thought. How long should the disconnecter spring be? When installed the right why, it might as well not even be in there as it's not putting any pressure between the trigger and disconnecter.

Edited by hoytinak

That's what I thought. How long should the disconnecter spring be? When installed the right why, it might as well not even be in there as it's not putting any pressure between the trigger and disconnecter.

Thats the problem I see is that your disconnector spring isn't pushing it up high enough.

post-6703-1228618421_thumb.jpg

Look at the difference in the location of the disconnector.

post-6703-1228618452_thumb.jpg

Yeah gonna order a new spring tomorrow and try it....hopefully that'll fix it. Thanks for yalls help!

Are the Tapco and Arsenal springs the same length?

I was using the same spring for both FCGs. It is the factory spring that was in the rifle.