Looking for a 20" 7.62x39

Guys, I'm going crazy trying to find one of these. There is a used one that a shop near me wants $500 for. Is this the going rate now? Let me know what you guys would pay for a new (or used) 20" 7.62 and where you think a good place to get one would be (even if they are out right now). I've checked out some other threads about this topic and wrote some info down. Anyone has one they want to sell? :lolol:

Thanks guys

Give him $450...or $475 tops, what's 25 frog skins in the grand scheme of things? If you got to have that longer barrel get it since you found it. I like the .308 in the 21" and the 7.62 in the 16". But that .308 ain't cheap. Well unless you're trying to get a 12 right now, then the .308 price tag don't look so bad. Buying guns these days is like buying stocks ( NOT the kind you find between the receiver and your shoulder :mellow: ) it seems.

I'd say wait a few months. I doubt they will go up too much higher. I could see them dropping a little or you may be able to find a used one if you shop around. It is hard to wait though. You would probably spend the money on something else anyway. On the other hand. As far as rifles go. They have been an extreme bargain at the pre Obama pandemonium price. I'd gladly fork out 500 dollars for one before I bought a Mini-30 for more.

Speding $500.00?....get a Kel-Tek SU16c, .223, made in USA and lifetime warranty.

As much as I like my Saiga, $500 is a bit steep.

Come to think of it, I have a 7.62, 98% less than 1000 rds thru it, with a Belarus scope mount and 3 10rd mags, any offers?

Edited by Doerdie
Guys, I'm going crazy trying to find one of these. There is a used one that a shop near me wants $500 for. Is this the going rate now? Let me know what you guys would pay for a new (or used) 20" 7.62 and where you think a good place to get one would be (even if they are out right now). I've checked out some other threads about this topic and wrote some info down. Anyone has one they want to sell? :lolol:

Thanks guys

I just recently bought a SAIGA 7.62 with a long barrel from Classic Arms. I don't think they have them in stock right now, but what they have changes daily. I paid $399 for the Saiga model (IZ-236?) with the wood thumbhole stock and it's pretty cool looking. This stock is very comfortable and goes nicely with the longer barrel. The other difference is that this stock essentally has a pistol grip and there's no space between the trigger guard and the mag.

JCS44

AK newbie

Thanks guys

I just recently bought a SAIGA 7.62 with a long barrel from Classic Arms. I don't think they have them in stock right now, but what they have changes daily. I paid $399 for the Saiga model (IZ-236?) with the wood thumbhole stock and it's pretty cool looking. This stock is very comfortable and goes nicely with the longer barrel. The other difference is that this stock essentally has a pistol grip and there's no space between the trigger guard and the mag.

JCS44

AK newbie

DOERDIE check your messages.Thanks, Daniel