I know from past experience most guys who love guns also love fast cars. What have you had or still have?

Here's one of my sweeties I've had since 1984. A 76' CobraII V6 4speed all orig. Her twin sister has the V8 302 4 speed with lots of extras. Wish I could find time away from this awesome gun hobby to finish restoring them.

"Cobra 76 two" = my hot rod + my favorite rifle cartridge

post-9-1106255222.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont value cars very highly. I buy them for 1000 or less and drive them until they die, and throw em out and get a new one. I did have a rareish version of a 85 camaro though, and if i ever do get into cars, Id get another one...

I have a 1977 trans am. Not the one in my avatar though. I stole that picture from someone on Ebay. I have been restoring mine for the past 3 years. Now that I've gotten hooked and this AK fix I guess it'll be a long time before I finish my car. I also had a 1976 and a 1978 but I sold them a couple of months ago.

My father and I just parted out a 1970 Torino 429 :dollar: Super Cobra Jet. :dollar: His 1971 Mustang convertable is mint except for the 351C we are working on now. And this is the beauty I just parted out.... Im driving a POS Chevy 305 pick up now.

It's a 1975 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe (Yes, like Elvis's) The 460 is basically stock except for the carb/intake headers/duels cam/lifters and gear drive timing. I took down the entire body and removed ALL the chrome trim, emblems, vynal top, latches and mirrors. (35 lbs. of it!) In this picture it is in E360 gray primer.

post-9-1106350715.jpg

i got this when i was 16 that was 5 years ago...i had to drive it for 3 years of high school and now shes in my dads shop and i'm doing work to her...some of yall might not like this but this pic is from my junior year of high school...its a 70 ranchero with a 351c pretty much dtock cept for the 5 inches of drop in the back

post-9-1106351708.jpg

Edited by jon elia

Ofcorse its nitrous silly! That car weighs nearly 7,000 lbs. How the hell do you think its gonna drag that rear bumper doing 80? Without the bottle, it would barely break the wheels loose at 45. Add a two stage and light em up comming down the on ramp at 60!

I find the most effective way to boost a big old car is with a 2 stage setup. 3lbs. each, when your at about 3,000 rpm (screaming for a 460) open up the first one. Wait til your transmission catches up to the wheel hop and immediately tap open the second. You wont go sideways as much and your less likely to tear up the drivetrain. Leave all of that giant bottle and force feeding crap to the inport kiddies!

post-9-1106369529.jpg

AWWwwww. Thats adorable! I love those valve covers. The air cleaner too! I had the same set up of bolt on stuff on my '78 CobraII. That was a Pep Boys drop in 302HO though, but it looked just like that.....Very nice.

Nitrous is like the oxygen fairy paying a visit to your combustion chambers. I dont know how well you can see the bottle in this pic.

post-9-1106370748.jpg

No, that tire is shot. frankencycle has been through the ringer and needs a total redo. Poor thing gave it hell for alot of years though. As you can see, none of the parts match up to any of the other parts anymore that are left in one piece. I built this bike out of a bunch of other bikes and didnt expect much out of it. It surprised me by being a tough little bitch. Mabey I will use the engine for another project? What size motor is recomended to mount between trunions on the Saiga? Is nitrous considered a DD, or poison gas if you mount it to your rifle engine?

A couple of mustangs, 1969 fastback-351W,c-6,9"; 1965 coupe, both awaiting restoration, 1982 GT-302,c-4,8.8" and a few go fast parts; 1984 GT- longrod 306,5 speed,8.8" and a butt load of go fast parts, 1986 toyota celica GTS.

Edited by REDDOG

OK pistonring settle down. We're supposed to have an ice storm baring down on us too but I'm still waiting. Think I'm going to go out and empty a few mags on those F'king geese if I can get away from this damned computer long enough. Here's a pic of my other snake on the day I bought it. I guess part of the reason the guy spent 2 grand rebuilding the engine was to get more horsepower for hauling that sea cow around!!

What happened to your Cobra? The 78's were nice.

post-9-1106424342.jpg

Yea this snow sucks, I'll try some pics if they will turn out!!! This is the Longrod 306 shortblock, like the Toyota oil filter? The last 289 longrod I built keep blowing oil filters apart, so I tried a Toyota V-8 filter and problem solved!!!

post-9-1106433401.jpg

Edited by REDDOG

Damn thing wont upload pics, still can't find all my damn pics either. Guess I'll have to wait until the kid gets back home tomarrow to get a real expert on the case!!! Hey I think it worked!!! This is the 82 GT when I started on the fuelcell project, like the plate? Oh yea, can you see the 65 coupe in front of it with all that shit piled on it? Another project sometime in the future.

Edited by REDDOG