Got this off Subguns NFA Board....thought you all might like to get in early!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am down to my last four (4) receivers of this batch. These are brand new Double Star AR15 type receivers registered as SBR's. All four will transfer tax free to any current FFL who is a SOT (Class 2 or Class 3). Receivers currently on a Form 2.

$200 each does not include shipping. UPS Ground is approximately $15.00 for one receiver, less if more than one are shipped in the same box.

Contact Information

Name: Keith Norman

State/Province: Texas

E-Mail Address: keith@nfainvestments.com

Web Site URL: http://www.nfainvestments.com

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.c...query=retrieval

Edited by MCASgt New River

So does that mean if I wanted to get one of these, I'd still have to send in a Form 2 and $200 and CLEO signoff and all that jazz? Or since they're already registered, it's just like any other firearm?

Very curiously interested,

Acer

From what I understand, yea you would still have to pay the $200 and send in the forms and everything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But if I am correct, a SBR receiver is a crappy deal cuz you can just get a normal receiver and build a SBR and then pay the $200. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

These receivers will require the Form 4 $200 tax stamp yes. The good thing in my eyes about it is though that you can buy it stripped and piece it together as you see fit. The other route your paying for the complete lower, the engraving, and $200 Stamp.

Also, if you build the SBR first without an APPROVED FORM 1 in hand, the ATF would be happy to pay you a visit. Factory SBR's also don't have ANY additional markings as where when you Form 1 the a standard receiver you must by direction of the BATFE engrave your info into the receiver as you are the manufacture for the SBR now not the original manufacture.

Ask all the questions you want....I love SBR's and think everyone should have at least one!!

These receivers will require the Form 4 $200 tax stamp yes. The good thing in my eyes about it is though that you can buy it stripped and piece it together as you see fit. The other route your paying for the complete lower, the engraving, and $200 Stamp.

Also, if you build the SBR first without an APPROVED FORM 1 in hand, the ATF would be happy to pay you a visit. Factory SBR's also don't have ANY additional markings as where when you Form 1 the a standard receiver you must by direction of the BATFE engrave your info into the receiver as you are the manufacture for the SBR now not the original manufacture.

Ask all the questions you want....I love SBR's and think everyone should have at least one!!

can't you theoretically buy a plain jane bare AR lower, and build it into a pistol. with less than 15in barrel, and no butt stock, legally. and it would be an "unregistered" pistol to. or am i way wrong

can't you theoretically buy a plain jane bare AR lower, and build it into a pistol. with less than 15in barrel, and no butt stock, legally. and it would be an "unregistered" pistol to. or am i way wrong

Yes and kinda no. You could build pistol on a stripped lower if from the manufacture the lower was not desiginated a long gun, as well a stock can never have been attached at ANY time to that receiver and at the time you sign the 4473 your dealer would put pistol or rifle depending on your build plans. With no butt stock the buffer tube would acually be a visible...now with that just make sure it's is completely cylindrical and without the positioning locks the rifle tubes have.

Hope that helped.

I sbr'd 2 of my UZI's. One was already a 16" in completed rifle. the other is still parts in a box. I filled out the paper work and wrote down what I would engrave when I got the tax stamp and left it as a rifle until it showed up. when it did all I had to do was engrave the receiver then cut the barrel. So yes its cheaper to get a regular lower for an AR, send in the paper work then buy the short upper. but I wouldn't get the shorty until you have the paper work, just in case they want to be asses. my .02$

In most states, yes you can do that. However most people realize that an SBR AR is fun and interesting and useful, and a pistol AR is... uh... a curiosity.

So, why are they $200? I just bought 2 doublestar lowers from AIM Surplus today for $100 each. They said it would take a couple weeks, but that's no problemo.

If your FFL only logs it as a receiver, then you can do with it as you please, as long as you buy your stamp if you want to SBR it.

OK, folks this was an offer I came across and as I stated before I have no interest in it. If you don't like the offer I came across fine then go look somewhere else for a cheaper factory SBR. This was not meant to be a lesson in SBR's or how to Form 1 your existing weapon. These receivers are factory SBR receivers which means they have no additional engravings that you yourself will be required to do when you Form 1 the "old receiver" you have.

BlenderWizard said he bought DB stripped receivers for $100 from AIM, great. These are non-SBR receivers that will require additional work to be made as such. Also, they seem to be out of stock as most people in this OBAMA buying craze are soaking up all they can.

(AIM Surplus OUT OF STOCK LINK)

Factory stripped SBR reciever + Tax Stamp + FFL/SOT Transfer

($200 for the lower + $200 Tax Stamp + $50-100 = $450-500 for a Factory SBR registared lower)

Non Factory SBR Form 1 receiver + your personal engravings + Tax Stamp + FFL/SOT Transfer

($100 non-sbr receiver(when available) + FFL transfer $25 + Engraving $50-100 + Form 1 $200 tax stamp = $375-425

Factory is more expensive but will have a higher resell value and be wanted to those that are connisiours of the real deal. I passed up a Colt AR15 SBR, at a fair price, simply for the fact that I didn't want "Joe Smith, BumFuck, Egypt" engraved ANYWHERE on the weapon. And yes you are REQUIRED by BAFTE to engrave the makers NAME, CITY and STATE on the weapon = MAKER meaning you.

This was a ad and it has turned into a discussion.....great job on everyone keeping it at the top with nothing that pertains to my OP. The link was provided for you to go do your on DD, however I have done it for you..... :lolol:

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.