Just bought my Saiga 12!!!

I was searching for a Saiga 12 and even on gunsamerica.com the one guy was out of them and HOPED to be getting more in.

Anyways, I was on gunbroker and nailed a brand new auction!

I think considering the prices and availability as of late I got a great deal!

New in the box, with some wrench looking thing and what looks like an oil bottle, papers, etc.... $589 + $20 shipped! NO 3% crap for using my CC! So my out the door price is going to be under $635!

Again, I'm happy with the deal, but I'll be even happier when it's in my hands!!!

Now I gotta find the best deal on a few 10rd. mags.

Just figured I'd share!:)

-Emt1581

Congrats! That's a pretty good price that you came away with. That 'wrench-looking thing' removes your thread protector.

Oh ok. Does the cleaning kit store in the stock like traditional AK settups?

Also, I need to get moving on mags! Any suggestions which type to get or where to get them from?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Does the cleaning kit store in the stock like traditional AK settups?

No. I couldn't find any way to store the cleaning kit on my S12 so it just sits on top of my safe.

Also, I need to get moving on mags! Any suggestions which type to get or where to get them from?

This guy might have some left

http://www.webspawner.com/users/cheaphicap...riflemagsf.html

otherwise you're going to have to wait until agp or maa get stock again.

No. I couldn't find any way to store the cleaning kit on my S12 so it just sits on top of my safe.

I just figured that since the cleaning kit looked like the standard kit stored in the stock of my SKS and AK that the Saiga was the same way.

As far as the mags, I'm going to pre-order a few of the surefire 12rd. mags.

Carolina supply has them for $48 each. Not too bad considering how jacked up everything else is getting...and hard to find!!

-Emt1581

Hobbyshooter - Do you know anything about the reputation of the dealer at the link you provided? I'm not familiar with him and his website doesn't have a lot of information on who he is, where he is, what he is. The 12 ga mags he has look like AGPs but it doesn't say that, or if 1st gen/2nd gen, etc. This doesn't exactly inspire me to provide credit card info to him unless I can get a thumbs up from someone here. Anyone?

Congrats! Now you need to stock up on ammo, they're hungry little beasts!

I've been buying 100rd boxes of winchester and federal bidrshot/trap rounds every time I go to wally world. I've got about 5-6 hundred rounds saved up. I figure I'll have between 1,000 and 1,500 rounds by Christmas.

-Emt1581

Hobbyshooter - Do you know anything about the reputation of the dealer at the link you provided? I'm not familiar with him and his website doesn't have a lot of information on who he is, where he is, what he is. The 12 ga mags he has look like AGPs but it doesn't say that, or if 1st gen/2nd gen, etc. This doesn't exactly inspire me to provide credit card info to him unless I can get a thumbs up from someone here. Anyone?

I purchased my rifle from them 2 dry-spells ago. Back when they were still $490. His email was deerslayer40 <scherr@infionline.net>. If you search gunbroker for deerslayer40 you will see several auctions, and links back to that same site I linked.

I don't know anything more about him than that though. I simply made the purchase and he shipped it to my FFL dealer. (back in Febuary, and I haven't seen any fraudulent charges on my CC yet. ;) )

Edited by hobbyshooter

I purchased my rifle from them 2 dry-spells ago. Back when they were still $490. His email was deerslayer40 <scherr@infionline.net>. If you search gunbroker for deerslayer40 you will see several auctions, and links back to that same site I linked.

I don't know anything more about him than that though. I simply made the purchase and he shipped it to my FFL dealer. (back in Febuary, and I haven't seen any fraudulent charges on my CC yet. ;) )

Deerslayer is in PA and has one for sale on auctionarms for $579.

-Emt1581

Got mine off killmall at gunbroker. Nib with 3 new 2nd Gen. AGP 10 rounders.

Cost $809 with shippin' and that shitty 3% charge on my cc. Took a week to get here.

Can't wait to take her out and let the local range feel the fire of my new bitch. :devil:

Just waitin' on my rounds that i ordered last week to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

Cost $809 with shippin' and that shitty 3% charge on my cc. Took a week to get here.

Can't wait to take her out and let the local range feel the fire of my new bitch. :devil:

How many mags (5 rounders?) came with the new gun?

How many mags (5 rounders?) came with the new gun?

None. Still a good deal. At least that's what I think.

Edited by B-boo
Sweet. Now with the Saiga you'll be able to adequately defend yourself in Hilltop.

HA HA!!! What you know about Hilltop? When I first moved out here from Brooklyn 4 years ago

I lived on South Ainsworth Ave. I'm used to the hood, but I heard it was real rough down there

in the 90's. :ded:

I have two clear I bought from the E store (this site)

And I have one black that I bought from copesdist.com and he was out of stock last I checked.

and I bought another direct from AGP, they show out of stock now too...

The site that hobbyshooter gave has them in stock...

I was about to order two more then I saw that he has a GSG5 carbine in stock... now I have to wait to talk to the wife.... :)

And I have one black that I bought from copesdist.com and he was out of stock last I checked.

I was about to order two more then I saw that he has a GSG5 carbine in stock... now I have to wait to talk to the wife.... :)

Too bad the clear ones aren't available anymore. They look pretty cool. I'm not sure what durability is like but again, cool idea!

-Emt1581

Too bad the clear ones aren't available anymore. They look pretty cool. I'm not sure what durability is like but again, cool idea!

-Emt1581

The clear ones are suppose to be just as durable, just clear.

I do wish they were smoke and not clear though.

The black ones look cooler IMO.

You can get on the pre order list for the next batch of drums by going to: http://www.mdarms.com/Scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=1714

-Emt1581

You can get on the pre order list for the next batch of drums by going to: http://www.mdarms.com/Scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=1714

Hmm....They are only $230. That's pretty tempting. I thought they were $350+

I still would rather have 4 or 5 12rd. mags for the price of one 20rd. mag though. However, for an investment, the drum will probably shoot up in value if a ban is ever passed. Then again, my money says the 12rd. mags will be pretty freakin valuable for the same reason.

-Emt1581

-Emt1581

Hmm....They are only $230. That's pretty tempting. I thought they were $350+

I still would rather have 4 or 5 12rd. mags for the price of one 20rd. mag though. However, for an investment, the drum will probably shoot up in value if a ban is ever passed. Then again, my money says the 12rd. mags will be pretty freakin valuable for the same reason.

-Emt1581

Yeah, I want to get a 12rd when they come out, the 10rounder is pretty darn long though...

I decided to get a bunch of 10rounders instead of the drum, but right now it's half now and half when they ship next month so I decided why the heck not.

I will only get a single drum for now though, and the drums are $350 if you buy from alanticfirearms, and they have them instock... $250 is pushing it IMO.

...Then again, my money says the 12rd. mags will be pretty freakin valuable for the same reason.

Assuming they work and feed reliably. Which is still unknown at this point.

We should have some of the new 12 rounders in later this week or the first of next week.

Scott