I wonder what the Russians think of us?

I am curious what the Russians think of all mods and accessories that the American "aftermarket" has produced for the S12? I wonder if any of it has made it's way back across the pond? Is Izhmash ordering Tromix parts or maybe a MD20 or two?

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

What I'm curious about is why in California, home to 1,608,000 Russian/Americans, why is one of Russia's, at one time, top exports, illegal to import?

Dude, it's Kalifornia...that's like asking "how many rocks are there?".

As for the original question, I don't think the russians care much one way or another...so long as they are getting paid for the guns.

-Emt1581

I don't think they care either, their top exports are what vodka and firearms?

I bet over there the 2 intertwine.

Thats why not all tolerences are the same on each gun! :lolol:

:haha2:

The Izhmash rep was at the Shot Show last year, carrying around a pic of the Tromix S-17. He told at least one guy, that they planned to make a factory S-17 style gun shortly.

Tony

I see it now. S17 with krinkov size handguards and a saiga 12c folding stock. :super:

Edited by bayonet lug
The Izhmash rep was at the Shot Show last year, carrying around a pic of the Tromix S-17. He told at least one guy, that they planned to make a factory S-17 style gun shortly.

Tony

Interesting... Doubt they will give you any royalties on it. At least we will all know where the insparation came from.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

the russians are prepping for invasion now..prior to the release of the new red dawn remake...which will teach us how to repell the new invasion while simultaneously combating domestic gubmint coruption.

they can't import S17's into the states, the new law will be inplace soon....No guns imported unless they have the orange tipped muzzles.

What I'm curious about is why in California, home to 1,608,000 Russian/Americans, why is one of Russia's, at one time, top exports, illegal to import?

Saiga-12's aren't illegal to import into Califronia as long as the magazine is fixed (i.e. requires a tool to remove the magazine). Not the best solution, but still a middle finger to CA DOJ. There are plenty of people buying them. See the links below. Also includes a Tromix (supposedly).

Besides the obvious downside, we get raped on the price. But better to have one in hand now, than regret it later when the new administration turns its attention to another "Assault Weapons Ban".

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=132834

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthr...hlight=saiga-12

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthr...a-12&page=5

Someone might also want to mention to AGP that 10 round magazines are legal to ship to California. These are legal to use in the above configuration (subject to 922r).

As far as the original question, I am sure they are happy to have a booming demand for their product.