Lots of baggin' on Abilene!

This town is good for families. And ... um... red dirt...and....it is growing.

I do good at a large car dealership's bodyshop. I live close to family, and family land. I am trying to buy some land in Hamby to hunt and live on... still real close to Abilene.

I lived in Wyoming for one year for tech school, I have visited about twenty other states, and I figure Texas is as good as it gets.

I grew up in upstate New York. Beautiful forrests, rolling hills, lakes with no dams.

I moved to Texas in the '70s. Never looked back. There's something about Texas' 'can-do' attitude and big horizons that gets into the blood. I visit and appreciate other places, but I always come home.

Tully, south of Syracuse. We had apple trees in the yard, volunteer fire dept, the whole Norman Rockwell small town kind of childhood. I heard that the town went through some hard times after I left but is coming back now.

Where are you, Indy?

Edited by Smiley_Guy

None that I've found. I've got a friend out in the boonies that'll let me kill coke cans and CDs when he's got the time. I'll have to look around and find a range or something. Might be interesting to meet up and kill some paper...

Edited by Rusty

I envey you guys living in Texas, You wouldn't believe the guns law here in the PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NEW JERSEY. $30.00 for permits & 4 months later I finally got a handgun permit to BUY a pistol at my local gun shop, Plus I had to be finger printed & have a mental health backround check at my expense and if I want another handgun I have to go through this all over again. Needless to say after living here all my life I' had enough. Put the house up for sale and moving to Arizona.

Might be interesting to meet up and kill some paper...

I go to the Alpine Range near 820 and 20. The Saiga is taken apart now. Finally doing the conversion. Might be together by nest weekend.

That's cool, it might be a week or 3 before the Saiga 20 I picked up off of Gunbroker shows up at Cheaper Than Dirt. :super:

a side note on the new jersey comments.

DID YOU KNOW---it is a class B felony PER ROUND for any handgun hollow point ammunition? yes, if you go to a match, come home, forget you have a stick of hollow points, and get caught somehow, that is TEN COUNTS!

BVAMP...you are saying that it is ILLEGAL to have ( as an example) 9MM hollowpoints in NJ??!?!?!?!?!

HOW can that be???? there are MANY carbine rifles that are chambered for 9MM, as well as other rounds that can just as easily be swapped up.... or do you mean CAUGHT with it *IN* the pistol?

I dont get it.....

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

gunslinger: private sell are still legal as long as the person you sell to has a NJ firearms purchaser's card, which you have to apply for and can take up to a year to get and you must be finger printed, this just to sell a long arm, handguns get more involved;NO selling at NJ gunshows, even for dealers,gun purchases must be transfered at place of buisness so you can look but not buy ay NJ gunshow. We only have ONE show and that's what the state interpertation is of a gunshow, SHOW ONLY. All you out there do not think this can't happen in your state, the democratic liberal's will never give up untill all guns are gone.

It's not illegal to possess hollow point ammo in NJ, You can purchase it, keep it in your home or buisness and even defend yourself with it in those places and you can legally take it to a shooting range, but you better be able to prove your on your way to the shooting range. After that your are in possession of hollow point ammo for an illegal purpose. FELONY!!! Plus allmost all law inforcement officers have no ideal of what the law is and think it's illegal to possess and most likely you will be arrested. Wonderful place to exist. Rotten basterd's