Nice kill! I got a small doe the opening day of deer season here in NC with my 7.62x39. I blew her heart out, cleanly from approx 100yds away (open sighted). I hunt with the soft point rounds and have never had to chase one after the shot is fired. they always fall immediately, and don't get back up! I convert my it back to stock form for hunting though. Its a little easier to acquire places to hunt when you're not carrying an evil ak!

Nice kill! I got a small doe the opening day of deer season here in NC with my 7.62x39. I blew her heart out, cleanly from approx 100yds away (open sighted). I hunt with the soft point rounds and have never had to chase one after the shot is fired. they always fall immediately, and don't get back up! I convert my it back to stock form for hunting though. Its a little easier to acquire places to hunt when you're not carrying an evil ak!

Hey, a quick question - what soft points have you been using? Rifle season starts here in FL this weekend, and I've been trying to decide between the Wolf 154 gr's and Barnaul 125's.

MCC.... Manatee Community College?

I've been looking to find a place to hunt in FL but have yet to find a good location. Where do you go to do the duty mcc 762x39?

Nope, not Manatee Community College... but I did live in St. Pete for a while. I've heard that it's pretty good for hogs and stuff out in the central part of the state, but I didn't get to do a lot of hunting when I was living there. I'm in the Panhandle now, and I've got a little family property up here to hunt on. Green Swamp and Kissimmee WMA's were places I heard good stories from in the central FL area when I lived in St. Pete. I don't think Kissimmee has a quota system, so you should be able to hunt there this season. Make sure you have a WMA stamp on your hunting license.

http://www.outdoorcentral.com/mc/pr/03/10/01b1.asp

http://www.floridaconservation.org/hunting...2008HuntMap.pdf

http://www.floridaconservation.org/hunting...ionMaps0809.htm

Sorry I couldn't give more specifics, hope it helps.

Hey, a quick question - what soft points have you been using? Rifle season starts here in FL this weekend, and I've been trying to decide between the Wolf 154 gr's and Barnaul 125's.

i'd go with the heavier stuff