Tapco...How good is the quality?

I'm looking to get accessories for my S12 and the Tapco stuff seems really cheap compared to the ACE/Tromix/(are there any other good brands?)

Anyways, I'm just wondering when it comes to trigers, grips, etc...are Tapco top notch or no?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

I'm looking to get accessories for my S12 and the Tapco stuff seems really cheap compared to the ACE/Tromix/(are there any other good brands?)

Anyways, I'm just wondering when it comes to trigers, grips, etc...are Tapco top notch or no?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

The Tapco G2 FCG is the standard that folks measure by.

I prefer the Saw grip, myself (I've got large paws).

With Tapco, you get what you pay for.

i have there T6 SKS stock, it is good quality. there FCG works, all i can attest to, feels solid, but am no AK expert. there side folding stock looks and functions correctly, but every time i hand some one my gun to check it out, they invariably mess with the stock, and i get worried they my break it, as there is only a plastic pin on the folding mechanism. it locks tightly in the open and closed position, i just get worried about other people.

Edited by flclisgreat

The Tapco stock my friend bought wasn't on par with my Kvar nato one I got. Just felt cheaper and lighter duty.

I have the tapco saw grip on mine and it's the only flimsy feeling piece on my rifle. I'm currently searching for a new grip. I pick it up and just feels weak.

No complaints about the FCG.

I agree with everyone else. The FCG is fine, and I doubt you'll find a better one. The TROMIX drop in FCG is a tapco FCG already ground to the right size...

I have a Tapco SAW grip, and it's just fine. I'm sure better ones can be found but when it boils down to it: It functions and looks good.

My Tapco AK butt stock was fine also. Again I could find a better one but the function and looks are good.

As far as a folder goes I would not even try a Tapco folder.

The side folder will never hold up to any hard use. And my biggest complaint is that it just looks bad, especially when folded, because there is so much material between the pivot point and the rear of the receiver. I have one, only because I found a deal that was too good to pass up (it was essentially free with purchase of the grip and handguard, both of which I needed). I will never use it on anything of mine, though, unless I find a real Galil hinge to mate it with.

I really like the SAW grip as far as appearance and size. It is more proportionally pleasing IMO, and feels good if you have big hands. But the plastic "door" underneath for the compartment looks like (and is) a cheap POS.

I would say overall the Tapco stuff is a pretty decent value. After all, most people on these boards are only concerned about appearance anyway, and will never be in a life-or-death situation.

I have used a few of tapco's products. Their collapsible stocks are okay to accomodate multiple shooters. The FCG's are the available standard replacement. I appreciate what they have done to produce stocks and magazines for the SKS. Tapco seems to address our market desires very well.

But IMO the AK folding stock looks like a mal-formed shovel handle...

I have a Saw grip that I really like, it fits my hands very well and has been very solid, though the little door in the bottom is worthless. The FCG is fine, it serves the purpose and seems to be made well enough. I have a T6 stock on my S-12, while it is NOT a Tromix or Ace, it has served the purpose so far, and most of what it has been fed since I added the T6 was slugs, it's not any looser than it was before. Comparing Ace/Tromix to Tapco is like comparing a bare bones Chevy to a Lexus.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

The G2 trigger sets have a good reputation. I have handled the folding and T6 stocks and

they do not seem durable enough to me. I have a few tapco galil handguards. They arn't

as solid as I would like them to be, but until I see a Tromix rifle galil handguard like the

saiga 12 version Tapco might be the only option for the rifles as far as I know.

I like the G2 triggers.

I have a tapco stock and a tapco saw grip on my S12 and the stock is kinda rough, shapped funny.. but it works and it was cheap.

the Saw grip, had some flashing and some other issues, it looks a little rough.

I plan on replacing the stock with a ACE side folder down the road, but the grip is fine other than it working loose when ever I fire heavy rounds through it... it seems the plastic compresses in the grip and I have to tighten the crap out of it every outting... one day it will break or finally seat down.