Gun Show Prices

Went to the gun show yesterday. I was picking up lowers I'd ordered but I couldn't resist oogling the Saiga-12's in passing. They had one there for $650 and one at another table 15 foot away for $899. I couldn't believe that $900 one... :eek: What prices are you guys seeing at the shows?

I saw a few unconverted 7.62s and 223s at a gun show this month for like $300 but most ammo was high. Rifle and pistol prices were pretty normal but some people were pushing used ARs for more than usual. My friends found some 223 Wolf military classic for $3.20/box so they bought all of it, the next cheapest at the show was $6.75/box. I got Winchester white box 308 for $11/box :smoke: AK mags were going for $18+ and AR mags were $30 for new no tilt GI mags. P-Mag prices were higher than before since they can't hardly be found.

At the last Knob Creek show in October I saw some over priced AKs and an $800 SKS-D :eek: Another table had one for like $350 which is normal since they take AK mags and are well liked. My friend got one the year before for $300. I didn't see many saigas there. Did see one S-12 a guy was trying to sell for $799 to some saiga newbies. They didn't bite and walked away and so I clued them in on fair pricing.

I saw recently a guy on Gunbroker trying to sell "Pre ban Beta C Mags" for like $650, retard. They can still be found for around $275. Just search the smaller shops online. That's worse than the $600 Romanian WASRs I've been seeing sell on Gunbroker. Just search for "AK," scary. AK drum prices have been going up too. They'd been rising a little over the years anyway, even the Romanian ones, but now they are even higher. Same for the 90rd AR snail drum. I don't remember seeing any at the last show.

Edited by KySoldier

I was at a show 2 weeks ago and there was only one dealer selling IZ-109s. The first one that he sold went to my father-in-law for $650. when we came back by that dealer's booth about 45 min. later, he had another one out for $680. Those have been the only two that I have even seen at shows this fall.

Went to the LGS yesterday to pick up a P22 for the wife.

He happened to have one S 12 on the rack. It was priced at $575. I could've waited for the $525 deal from ClassicArms, but I figured it would only save me $25 after transfer, if I was able to get one before they sold out, so I told him to wrap it up. :smoke:

My first one I bought for $375 a couple of years back, but I don't see prices getting anywhere close to that again in the near future, so I snagged it. :unsure:

He happened to have one S 12 on the rack. It was priced at $575. I could've waited for the $525 deal from ClassicArms, but I figured it would only save me $25 after transfer, if I was able to get one before they sold out, so I told him to wrap it up. :smoke:

A Saiga 12 in the hand is worth two in the bush, I'd a gone for that one myself. There were a lot of Saiga's around, they were pretty much everywhere those were just the ones I bothered to look at. Of course, them being available would figure given I wasn't looking for one! :lolol:

I have been to three gun shows in the past two or three months and have not seen one Saiga 12. I saw two or three .223 and 7.62's but that was it. Those were going for $330-400 , and I don't know if they were new or not. I checked about six local gun shops and did not find one Saiga 12. One place had a one year waiting list on the Saiga 12(4 months ago). So about a week ago, I started searching the internet for one. I came across Century Arms on Wednesday, and got my order in on Friday. They took down the Saiga 12 from their website so I assume they are sold out already. It should be here within 1 1/2 weeks. Can't wait!

Lately, I have been getting some fantastic prices on reloading supplies at the shows. I think it's because there are 10x as many 'shooters' at the shows than reloaders, so the vendors are gouging the shooters. I am more concerned with making ammo than buying more guns, anyway. It's a fun hobby for me, and I get something useful out of it. :up:

A couple weeks ago, I saw some non-converted S12s at a gun show. The cheapest I found was $599.00 and the most expensive was $950 (for the same exact stock S12, un-converted). The converted few I saw were all over a grand, but I didn't examine them too much. They were converted by the gentleman that had the table there. All had Tapco furnature and I think Duracoat finish.

I was TOLD that the price on the S12s have gone up from the importer. Not sure if that's true of if the dealers are just raising prices to make more money. I seem to remember Tom from Cadiz mentioning something about the cost going to be increased soon, if they hadn't already. I suspect the guy with the $599 S12 only had the one gun and hadn't heard of the price increase yet.

The mag prices were crazy too. Regular 10 round AGP 2nd Gen mags were all around $100 each, with the MD 20 rd drums being quoted at $500 each. That seemed a bit much to me.

Corbin

A couple weeks ago, I saw some non-converted S12s at a gun show. The cheapest I found was $599.00 and the most expensive was $950 (for the same exact stock S12, un-converted). The converted few I saw were all over a grand, but I didn't examine them too much. They were converted by the gentleman that had the table there. All had Tapco furnature and I think Duracoat finish.

I was TOLD that the price on the S12s have gone up from the importer. Not sure if that's true of if the dealers are just raising prices to make more money. I seem to remember Tom from Cadiz mentioning something about the cost going to be increased soon, if they hadn't already. I suspect the guy with the $599 S12 only had the one gun and hadn't heard of the price increase yet.

The mag prices were crazy too. Regular 10 round AGP 2nd Gen mags were all around $100 each, with the MD 20 rd drums being quoted at $500 each. That seemed a bit much to me.

Corbin

I contacted RAA about two weeks ago and they said that 2000 S12 would be shipped to the distributors by the end of that week. The guy said that RAA would be raising the price on S12 by $40-$60 a piece. He said their contract is done at the end of this year and they must pay an additional $40-$60 on each weapon. So expect Saiga 12s to get $625-$700 easily starting early next year. He said more of the shotguns are being imported now than ever to attempt to alleviate the demand. The reason for this he says is the fear of what the Democrats :osama: will do. So according to the RAA, Saigas should go for $525-$600. Any ore than that and you are getting gouged. He said that they have not raised prices on the Saigas since the Summer. But expect them go go up next year.

Went to the gun show yesterday. I was picking up lowers I'd ordered but I couldn't resist oogling the Saiga-12's in passing. They had one there for $650 and one at another table 15 foot away for $899. I couldn't believe that $900 one... :eek: What prices are you guys seeing at the shows?

I found one (19") for $600.

I'll be picking it up Saturday in Waukesha. :devil:

Lately, I have been getting some fantastic prices on reloading supplies at the shows. I think it's because there are 10x as many 'shooters' at the shows than reloaders, so the vendors are gouging the shooters. I am more concerned with making ammo than buying more guns, anyway. It's a fun hobby for me, and I get something useful out of it. :up:

+1, I've found that the guns and knives are pretty high. I did find some killer jerky though, some dental picks, patches and a nice little combination brass/plastic hammer for the tool chest for the right price though. They were all low ticket items that would have cost me more to have shipped than they were worth. I had dreams of picking up some cheap ammo but I look for very specific ammo and no one had it in stock. For me, it was worth it since it saved me about 100 miles of gas and driving time picking up the lowers.

I doubt I'd go to one normally. I like to take my time figuring out exactly what I want to buy and how much to pay for it instead of just grabbing something that looks interesting.

Dark Sun had one for $550 late summer but were sold out last show I went to. SSG had them for $600 at the last show early Dec

I don't deal w/ Dark Sun, they've been rude to several people I know including myself. Trader Jerry's is a much better vendor, Jerry is a good guy!

Per S12 .. the cheapest at the Fredericksburg, VA show was $650 from Gary's Transfers, stock new in box.

One of our suppliers is at $579.00 dealer cost plus shipping so dont be so quick to say that the dealers are gouging. We have them for $649.00. I dont think a 12% mark up is ripping anybody off. When demand gets to where it is, it makes all of us pay more.

Scott