Tapco T-6, NYS Law + Saiga12 = questions...

Hi guys. I've been reading some VERY interesting threads througout this forum and a few others, pertaining to how the Tapco T-6 stock is NOT compliant to NYS law regarding a saiga, because the gun has a detach-mag..

THe law itself isn't cryptic, however the over-lap between state and fed law IS... ergo, my question here:

IF I PERMANENTLY LOCK THE TELE FEATURE INTO ONE POSITION, USING A VISIBLE NUT AND BOLT WELDED IN PLACE, CAN I USE THE T-6 AND NOT BE IN VIOLATION?

While I imagine the answer to this is no, I really wanna know definitively and figure out if there is a legal way to achieve this? How about plastic welding a bottom plastic "girder" to create a mock-thumbhole stole, like the B-110 advertised for Romak's and such... just an idea - I want this thing ON, but I also want it 100% legal.

please help

YES. So long as you cannot readily move the stock, you can have it mounted and fully collapsed if you want. The pin must be some kind of permanent.

How did you rationalise that you can do the conversion, where it says "CAN accept a magazine greater than 5 rounds"?

Im still not getting how different guys and shops, mind you, are reading that as you can convert it so long as you dont stick a ten rounder in it? I gave up at the point of reading it as "I CAN do it, but they CAN still win in court"

Still not clear- and I'm not sure if I agree.

1) The law doesn't specify mag-capacity regarding shotguns, it simply says "accepts detachable magazines" without referecing round-count

2) I already installed a permanent fixed-pin locking the stock into position permanently. HOWEVER IT STILL LEAVES THE PISTOL GRIP IN QUESTION

3) I am planning on mounting a bottom cross-member onto the stock, which will effectively make the stock's grip "not protrude down obtrusively" as the ACTUAL law states it.. BEWARE - the Saiga 12 forum does NOT have the exact verbiage of the law- it is paraphrased!

considering point 3 above, do you think a retro-fitted cross-member adresses the "protrusiveness" of the pistol? as in the like-example of a thumbhole stock...

YES. So long as you cannot readily move the stock, you can have it mounted and fully collapsed if you want. The pin must be some kind of permanent.

How did you rationalise that you can do the conversion, where it says "CAN accept a magazine greater than 5 rounds"?

Im still not getting how different guys and shops, mind you, are reading that as you can convert it so long as you dont stick a ten rounder in it? I gave up at the point of reading it as "I CAN do it, but they CAN still win in court"