The future of the gun market  

77 members have voted

1. 1. So, what do you think will happen to our current gun market?

• The gun market will get worse, especially after Obama is offically in office.
    • The gun "bubble" will burst like our economy
    • What guns? they have all been taken away and are now a distant past (adjusting tin foil hat)
    • There will be another ban like the previous, causing your saigas to be worth as much as your house.
    • Other (insert below)

If obama does a AWB prices will go through the roof, and it might have a hard impact on gun companys depending on how well they jump through the hoops.

if he leaves them alone for the most part with maybe just harder gun screening laws for owners gun prices will settle in thier normal rates.

If he goes to take them, you will find small pockets of resistance that will be taken over one by one due to a lack of cohesion of those groups, the rest of the sheep will roll over and take it, crime rates jump, criminals make a killing just like during prohibition.

Edited by Nailbomb

I see several thing happening over the next four years. Some aspects are already happening.

1. We have probably seen the last of any significant quantity (or quality) of surplus ammo to come into this country. The U.S. and U.N. are starting to get serious on this whole "Small Arms Non-Proliferation" crap. New U.S.-made ammo will be both prohibitively expensive and have to comply with the new lead regulations that the EPA will impliment in 2009 and the new OSHA (haz-mat) shipping requirements for lead and loaded ammo. Even if comodity prices stabilize (copper, tin, lead, zinc, etc), ammo prices will remain high, the ability to buy, ship and possibly even possess ammo will become expensive and more difficult.

2. AWB II is coming. Count on it. It will probably be more encompassing, better worded and probably won't have a sunset date. There may or may not be the ability to transfer (at least Friend-to-friend) and I would not be surprised to see items on the new AWB II require an 01 FFL or even an ATF form to transfer - and possibly even a transfer tax (and stamp).

3. I see an executive order (or series of orders) banning importation of most "non-sporting" arms, magazines and ammo and probably a re-definition of "sporting vs. non-sporting" (A' La Bush Ban of '89).

4. I see the demand for ammo, reloading components, firearms, firearm parts and magazines will increase, though the supply will be constantly decreasing. I would be surprised to see something like the May '86 machinegun ban come along where "assault rifle" (or shotgun or pistol) can't be transfered for "civilian" sales if it was manufactured after X date.

I hope I am wrong... :unsure:

Yeah, maybe what 'macbeau' says, but everyone has to know that we are experiencing a bubble right now, and like all bubbles it will break.

If it breaks because of a ban, or no ban, things will still only increase in base price and be harder to get, guns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition of all types.

My opinion is to buy whatever you can afford right fucking now, guns, Ammo, food,... as much as you can afford and store, this will do 2 things:

#1 you will be prepared

#2 it will help stimulate the economy

Hell, I bought an AR and I don't even like the things, also been stocking-up on 10-22 mags. As Gas Giant said "buy whatever you can afford right fucking now". And don't forget the evil features, folding stocks, bayonet lugs, pistol grips etc.

I see several thing happening over the next four years. Some aspects are already happening.

1. We have probably seen the last of any significant quantity (or quality) of surplus ammo to come into this country. The U.S. and U.N. are starting to get serious on this whole "Small Arms Non-Proliferation" crap. New U.S.-made ammo will be both prohibitively expensive and have to comply with the new lead regulations that the EPA will impliment in 2009 and the new OSHA (haz-mat) shipping requirements for lead and loaded ammo. Even if comodity prices stabilize (copper, tin, lead, zinc, etc), ammo prices will remain high, the ability to buy, ship and possibly even possess ammo will become expensive and more difficult.

2. AWB II is coming. Count on it. It will probably be more encompassing, better worded and probably won't have a sunset date. There may or may not be the ability to transfer (at least Friend-to-friend) and I would not be surprised to see items on the new AWB II require an 01 FFL or even an ATF form to transfer - and possibly even a transfer tax (and stamp).

3. I see an executive order (or series of orders) banning importation of most "non-sporting" arms, magazines and ammo and probably a re-definition of "sporting vs. non-sporting" (A' La Bush Ban of '89).

4. I see the demand for ammo, reloading components, firearms, firearm parts and magazines will increase, though the supply will be constantly decreasing. I would be surprised to see something like the May '86 machinegun ban come along where "assault rifle" (or shotgun or pistol) can't be transfered for "civilian" sales if it was manufactured after X date.

+1!

Started reading the thread and got scared, so I ordered some more ammo. :unsure: (for a decent price, of course.)

Let's keep in mind that Obama himself is not the sole driving force of the threat of gun control legislation. He is backed by a majority democrat legislative body, and would more than likely sign any anti 2nd amendment legislation that crossed his desk. He says "I'm not going to take your guns away," but rest assured that given the opportunity he will sign anything that passes in both senate and congress.

I say one of 3 things will happen: 1) Executive order by Obama implementing some sort of weapons legislation, proving that he is a straight up liar (which most of us know is the case, anyhow), 2) Legislation through other bodies passed with Obama's signature, most likely in small doses, to lessen the "pain" and general awareness, or 3) he will actually do what he says, and "support common sense gun control." Common sense dictates that there would be no additional legislation, considering the Constitution grants the right to keep and bear arms, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure something is coming, but, like everyone else, I'm just not sure what. I certainly hope that it never comes to a gun grabbing campaign, but one never knows.

The Obamanation of a new government will want to ban and conffiscate all guns. They will not be able to do it. there is no super majority in the Senate, any AWB or even a son of an AWB will never get through the Senate.

Meanwhile:

Times are getting BAD, guns sell well in bad times. Violent crime and street robberies/home invasions go way up in bad times. Liberals buy guns after the 2nd person they know gets mugged or carjacked. Many liberals are about to move here to PG Co. MD - and will be rudely supprised to find it is CarJackaStan!

Ammo will be $$$ and hard to find as the supply has been streched thin by wars, with more to come, as well as illlegally constrained by the UNanny. I see no break on ammo prices /supplies for some time.

+1!

DITTO!! There is a giant shit storm coming for gun owners and dealers. Buy everything you can afford while you still can.

It won't do any good though. They mostly come at night, mostly. :unsure: *

*Obama & Co. will suck up (and join) the UN new world order, I bet. British, Scottish, Aussie style gun control gun legislation all around for everybody attached to the giant UN circus in the foreseeable future. :angry2:

Admit it, you gun owners are dinosaurs in this modern "feel-good" soccer mom/creampuff male dominated utopia. You must all be assimilated. :ph34r:

Went to the charlotte gun show today it looked like black friday at wal-mart,most people i have seen at that show!!!!!!!!!!!

That's no joke. I went yesterday, got there at 10:30 AM, waited in line (three lines for tickets) for an hour. I don't really see it calming down anytime soon.

It won't do any good though. They mostly come at night, mostly. :unsure: *

*Obama & Co. will suck up (and join) the UN new world order, I bet. British, Scottish, Aussie style gun control gun legislation all around for everybody attached to the giant UN circus in the foreseeable future. :angry2:

Admit it, you gun owners are dinosaurs in this modern "feel-good" soccer mom/creampuff male dominated utopia. You must all be assimilated. :ph34r:

Nice one newt.

Went to the charlotte gun show today it looked like black friday at wal-mart,most people i have seen at that show!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

I go to a small local show we have every few months to buy surplus and do C&R trades. There are no modern guns (ARs, AKs or mini14s) - only C&R stuff. Usually about 200 people on a Saturday, mostly collectors. This time it filled to fire Dept capacity and I had to wait 1/2 hour to get in. I was horrified to see Romy SKS rifles (that I bought for $175 earlier this year) selling for $500!!! People want these because if you buy a 50+ year old rifle at a gun show in California, the state doesn't know about it and there is no waiting period. I needed to buy some 8mm and 7.62x54R, but their whole ammo supply for the weekend show was wiped out in the first few hours. My local gun stores have almost NOTHING in stock, guns or ammo, and people driving up here from Los Angeles looking for guns. Friends and family that used to think I was crazy for owning so much (or question the need to own) are now asking me to sell to them.

The liberal media isn't whipping people into a gun buying frenzy, so we cant blame them. I think that people, like all animals, seem to sense when something bad is coming.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally believe this is a gun bubble. But I do not think it has even began to get to the size it will become given the pending horizon.

IF Obama decides to reinstate the '94 AWB prices will explode. Not like how it did in 1994 but the much worse. I still remember vividly paying $110 for my G23 13 round magazine because it was new-in-glock-goodness plastic wrap. back in 2001. This next ban will cause prices to be amplified and the bubble could cause prices to go as far as 1000% before it "pops" and then prices fall to only 700%-800% of what they are today.

You see it is not like the housing bubble. Very few people actually own their house, they finance it. And because of this during down times they have to sell no matter what because that monthly payment keeps hitting them in their wallets. Guns on the other hand sit neatly beside the bed, gunsafe, etc. They require no real maintence if they are not used and are as good as cash money in a bad situation. But during times of economic decline things such as guns and gun safes for that matter do not deflate in value but remain the same.

This "bubble" is only starting and even if Congress does not instate an AWB M4's and AR's will still be $1000+ because that is the new perceived value. Guns (even a Model 700) do not get any cheaper once the MSRP has been increased as we have seen for many years.

:)

Im old..I am tired...and so so discouraged. There is no way anything good is going to come to gun owners from Osamastan..err..DC. Is this why many of us "served" our country in the military?..To see it destroyed from within? What bothers me most is the fact i keep seeing threads that talk about gun prices if an all out ban goes into effect...or God forbid outright confiscation...

Are we so smug..so "comfortable" ...in front of our wide screen tv and endless "reality" shows that we are too "busy" to get pissed?..What kind of message could we send if one MILLION gun owners showed up in Osamastan on coronation day..With Cobras flag..DONT TREAD ON US!..Blocked up airports..blocked intersections..mass arrests for disrupting his taking of the throne. And all saying the same thing..We have had enough!..You want change?..We are here to tell you we are gonna give you change!..We will no longer pay taxes to fund abortions, and free medical care for illegal aliens..You want change?..then get the illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional BATF off our back! You want change?..then READ the second amendment and give it the same protection you do the first!..Or else!

Our children and grandchildren have no say yet in whether they will live in freedom..It is up to us to hand it on to them..If we must make a stand..then by God let us make it now while there is yet time!

Im old..I am tired...and so so discouraged. There is no way anything good is going to come to gun owners from Osamastan..err..DC. Is this why many of us "served" our country in the military?..To see it destroyed from within? What bothers me most is the fact i keep seeing threads that talk about gun prices if an all out ban goes into effect...or God forbid outright confiscation...

Are we so smug..so "comfortable" ...in front of our wide screen tv and endless "reality" shows that we are too "busy" to get pissed?..What kind of message could we send if one MILLION gun owners showed up in Osamastan on coronation day..With Cobras flag..DONT TREAD ON US!..Blocked up airports..blocked intersections..mass arrests for disrupting his taking of the throne. And all saying the same thing..We have had enough!..You want change?..We are here to tell you we are gonna give you change!..We will no longer pay taxes to fund abortions, and free medical care for illegal aliens..You want change?..then get the illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional BATF off our back! You want change?..then READ the second amendment and give it the same protection you do the first!..Or else!

Our children and grandchildren have no say yet in whether they will live in freedom..It is up to us to hand it on to them..If we must make a stand..then by God let us make it now while there is yet time!

I'm in!

I'm in!

Thats two! :super:

Hmm, two out of how many millions? Let's face it, the average American no longer has the will or the conviction to do what is right. Just give him Pizza Hut and Monday night football and they will not rock the boat. Most people no longer have any idea what the constitution is about or why the revolution was fought. Literacy and knowledge of history are frowned upon while brainless worship of sport hero criminals is popular.

I really doubt any demonstration would be more successful then that of the WWI vets in DC so long ago. Patton was sent in to crush them and he did. The country applauded. The majority of people are too lazy and self absorbed in their pathetic meaningless lives to get involved in any issues, I see this just from attending my home owners association meetings and those are a lot more involved and closer to their lives. . Democracy will fail here as it did in other places. America had ceased to be a nation of men and patriots and is now a field of sheep.

Sorry if I offend but this to me seems to be the ugly truth. We, those who understand the issues, are a minority and not numerous enough to make any difference.

I see a sad time ahead for most gun owners. Most of it blamed on the pathetic loss of an American heritage and tradition. The rest is the evil rantings of uninformed news media, Hollywood and power obsessed politicians. Hopefully the next American nation will make the ownership of guns MANDATORY for all free men and women. Only then will liberty and freedom again reign in this land.

What percent of colonists actively backed the Revolution?

Less than 50 percent

As for picking up a gun active.. A lot less. Less than 10%.

More than half the Colonists were ether neutral or supported British law.

At least on the outset.

After British general burnt a few villages and hung a few innocent people opinion changed drastically.

Hmm, two out of how many millions? Let's face it, the average American no longer has the will or the conviction to do what is right. Just give him Pizza Hut and Monday night football and they will not rock the boat. Most people no longer have any idea what the constitution is about or why the revolution was fought. Literacy and knowledge of history are frowned upon while brainless worship of sport hero criminals is popular.

I really doubt any demonstration would be more successful then that of the WWI vets in DC so long ago. Patton was sent in to crush them and he did. The country applauded. The majority of people are too lazy and self absorbed in their pathetic meaningless lives to get involved in any issues, I see this just from attending my home owners association meetings and those are a lot more involved and closer to their lives. . Democracy will fail here as it did in other places. America had ceased to be a nation of men and patriots and is now a field of sheep.

Sorry if I offend but this to me seems to be the ugly truth. We, those who understand the issues, are a minority and not numerous enough to make any difference.

I see a sad time ahead for most gun owners. Most of it blamed on the pathetic loss of an American heritage and tradition. The rest is the evil rantings of uninformed news media, Hollywood and power obsessed politicians. Hopefully the next American nation will make the ownership of guns MANDATORY for all free men and women. Only then will liberty and freedom again reign in this land.

+ 1

There are certainly rough times ahead for gun owners and those of us that are pro-bill of rights. Actually, for everyone. The way I predict it though, mass protests right now aren't necessary; we have only to weather the storm. The coming economic depression will be a blessing in disguise. The lazy, fat, apathetic average American we love to refer to so often is only so because all of his material needs are met. Ask anyone who has been in a life or death survival situation: your priorities change dramatically once we are 'unhooked' from the system, so to speak. I could be wrong, but I think that Americans will cease to be docile and apathetic once the government can't afford to keep us all fed and watered.

I think civil unrest will erupt, and the Army thinks so too; their war college is already developing their preparations.

I can't say exactly what will happen, but I have a feeling that we will see a return to our libertarian-esque roots after the smoke clears to 'ensure it doesn't happen again'. It certainly will happen again if given a chance, but those of us relatively younger generations may yet get to enjoy a new beginning in our lifetime.

if you think the shelves are bare out side(lower 48) up here it is worse. i dont have the option of ordering ammo it cost double what it does down there,,, if you can even get it. if the awb part 2 comes to pass at least i got a little if not i will be stocking up more,,,, either way the economy for us gun part makers has got to be a little better. i just hope my stock and other goodies get here before the zombie hoards

Think they will ban my WWII vintage assault Mauser 98s or Mosin-Nagants? They mount bayonets after all and can fire mutliple rounds as fast as you can cycle the bolt. Maybe I should research a 30 round detachable magazine for them. I am sure Tapco will make the necessary evil pistol stocks soon.