Finally....No Threading Required Muzzle Attachent

I got cash money on one of these when they're available :lolol:

We are doing the production run next week. As for discounts, I will be offering the prototypes at a discount. The only difference is the protos have 2 holes in them were we intended to use set screws.

I hope to have more info next week.

Scott

We are doing the production run next week. As for discounts, I will be offering the prototypes at a discount. The only difference is the protos have 2 holes in them were we intended to use set screws.

Scott

What is the tread set on this piece? Or does it have a set break or flash hinder? Also I would be interested in the second proto...... Please PM me with the option if it's available because I will grab it up.

Thanks,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

Nice, are you going to make an NY legal version? It could only be a muzzle-break and it would have to be attached permanently to the threads, but I'd buy one.

I'm in Ny too, our law only states no threaded barrel, unless it's a pre-ban, since the barrel is not threaded I wouldn't see why it's not legal here?

Here is a picture of our NO THREAD REQUIRED MUZZLE ATTACHMENT. We finally signed the patent pending paperwork today and the lawyer says we are good to go on advertising and selling these. We have a show this weekend so I will be away. I will try to get these on the site early next week.

.223 and 7.62 only for now

Scott

This is the only picture I have right now but I will get better ones next week. It is an actual picture not a photoshop. The flash hider does screw off and on. You can change muzzle attachment whenever you want.

saiga%20muzzle%20clip.JPG

Scott,

I was right after "Gas Giant" in signing up for a muzzle attachment. Can I get one of the prototypes at a discount.

My posting on Dec. 13 was

"Scott, Are you going to have a sign up and if so, can I be signed up? louielouie

Please PM me with the price and payment option.

Thanks, louielouie

Wayne Nehrt

Scott

I am VERY interested in a 223 prototype. I will PM you.

The shop has ran the f/h's already, they are working on the "clip". We did find one issue.....we have several front site take offs here that we have been using for our prototyping, we have found one that the has a serious offset on the part that is in front of the site tower. This offset is causing some issues with the clip fitting and not distorting the threads. We are trying one idea that we have to see if it will take care of it. Virtually all of the site blocks that we have here for testing have worked just fine.

Scott

Shit, I was hoping it would have no threads at all. I'm in NJ and the whole threaded barrel thing has been fucking me over for some time now.

I'm in NJ also.

I dont really know if this would be legal in NJ, but this attachement does not really thread the physical barrel itself, it's sort of like a clamp on brake, which there are no laws for in NJ.

So since you would not be threading the barrel, would this still be non compliant in NJ?

i called the state police and they told me this.. NO threads at all.... NO flash hider at all... i then said can i weld on a brake.. he said the rules are exactly what he said they were... no threads no flash hider... so im under the impression that it basically has to be reasonable perminent or its no good...but i actually am interested in this because i was thinking some kind of brake on it then just have a little spot weld on the brake.. this would let me not have to actually weld my barrel...

The whole point is to not have accessible threads on the barrel, and not a have a flash hider. You can in fact thread your barrel, but then you either have to weld or blind pin a muzzle brake on. The problem is, if you thread your barrel in NJ, you've just committed a felony, for however long it takes you to blind pin or weld the brake on. This is why I was hoping this brake would go on sort of like a compression fitting, just squeezing the barrel. If you put one of those set screw thread adapters on your rifle in NJ it's illegal. Why wouldn't this brake be illegal too? You're adding threads that are accessible, which in the state polices mind means you can add a flash hider. If you really want to add a brake legally in NJ your best bet would be to buy a nice 74 style one with 24MM threads along with a new FSB with 24MM threads and send both, along with your rifle to a place like Adco to have them pinned together and installed on the rifle. Once you get it back you'll have your muzzle brake, and no access to the threads. That would be legal.

Shit, I was hoping it would have no threads at all. I'm in NJ and the whole threaded barrel thing has been fucking me over for some time now.

I'm in NJ also.

I dont really know if this would be legal in NJ, but this attachement does not really thread the physical barrel itself, it's sort of like a clamp on brake, which there are no laws for in NJ.

So since you would not be threading the barrel, would this still be non compliant in NJ?

i called the state police and they told me this.. NO threads at all.... NO flash hider at all... i then said can i weld on a brake.. he said the rules are exactly what he said they were... no threads no flash hider... so im under the impression that it basically has to be reasonable perminent or its no good...but i actually am interested in this because i was thinking some kind of brake on it then just have a little spot weld on the brake.. this would let me not have to actually weld my barrel...

The whole point is to not have accessible threads on the barrel, and not a have a flash hider. You can in fact thread your barrel, but then you either have to weld or blind pin a muzzle brake on. The problem is, if you thread your barrel in NJ, you've just committed a felony, for however long it takes you to blind pin or weld the brake on. This is why I was hoping this brake would go on sort of like a compression fitting, just squeezing the barrel. If you put one of those set screw thread adapters on your rifle in NJ it's illegal. Why wouldn't this brake be illegal too? You're adding threads that are accessible, which in the state polices mind means you can add a flash hider. If you really want to add a brake legally in NJ your best bet would be to buy a nice 74 style one with 24MM threads along with a new FSB with 24MM threads and send both, along with your rifle to a place like Adco to have them pinned together and installed on the rifle. Once you get it back you'll have your muzzle brake, and no access to the threads. That would be legal.

i think that the advice you give there is wrong and heres why...

in the course of doing MANY common gun items you would be doing the same..

example.. changing a stock on a rifle.. for the short time the stock is off it is now too short..

in the process of building my saiga there were several moments where i didnt have enough US parts...

there is no magic to MAKE all your gun parts appear on the gun instantly... lastly i spoke to the state police on the matter.. and said weld so it cant move.. and while they can not "give you legal advice" he said "now you are on the right track"...

The shop has ran the f/h's already, they are working on the "clip". We did find one issue.....we have several front site take offs here that we have been using for our prototyping, we have found one that the has a serious offset on the part that is in front of the site tower. This offset is causing some issues with the clip fitting and not distorting the threads. We are trying one idea that we have to see if it will take care of it. Virtually all of the site blocks that we have here for testing have worked just fine.

Scott

Any update? I see they are not on your web site yet. Do you have a ETA yet?

Thanks

DamagedWorld...I would call your State Attorney General's office for legal guidance pretaining to interpretations of law. The State Police, while I'm sure a great bunch of guys, all too often do not take into account case law and, at times, simply do not understand the intent of the statute. The State Attorney is a higher authority and a letter from them should effectively shield you from any prosecution if they deem the clamp on device as legal. When it comes to law the Judges are Kings...the prosecutors are the royal family...and the cops are the grunt soldiers.

DamagedWorld...I would call your State Attorney General's office for legal guidance pretaining to interpretations of law. The State Police, while I'm sure a great bunch of guys, all too often do not take into account case law and, at times, simply do not understand the intent of the statute. The State Attorney is a higher authority and a letter from them should effectively shield you from any prosecution if they deem the clamp on device as legal. When it comes to law the Judges are Kings...the prosecutors are the royal family...and the cops are the grunt soldiers.

while i cant comment on this particular piece the situation is fairly cut and dry.. can you can not have acesable threads.. you cant have them because you could easily put on an item that would put the rifle in violation.. if you ad a brake (an item that is OK in NJ, providing it does not posses any flash hiding ability) and do it in a way where it is perminantly attached (welded) then its fine.. judging by the way NJ does business.. if you used this adapter and did NOT make it perminant.. they WILL have a problem with it.. but that is just a guess.. the rest is not..