• 4 weeks later...

About the only thing I think I can find truly messed up about PA gun law is that the DCNR public ranges only allow 3 round loads per mag, 6 for sidearms. Oh well, more practice reloads!

Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article I, Section 21:

"The right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

Article I, Section 25:

"To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

That second Section pretty much sums things up. Our State Constitution trumps the US Constitution, as per the 10th Amendment.

That is, unless we let Rendell screw it up... Pennsyltuckey is mighty fine!

Edited by bohound

Washington sucks.

no s.b.s.

no s.b.r.

no full auto

you can own a suppressor, but can't use it...???

however, ccw is no problem and a.o.w.'s are ok

the ccw is for pistols only

Not to mention prices on everything consume drizzling Hershey-squirts in epic quantities... damn Marxtards!

You guys must be on the rainy side of the state. :lolol::lolol:

I heard my first suppressor before out last match...and the CCW was a breeze to get...we have a right to that if we don't have a criminal or insanity history.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

You guys must be on the rainy side of the state. :lolol: :lolol:

I heard my first suppressor before out last match...and the CCW was a breeze to get...we have a right to that if we don't have a criminal or insanity history.

On the upside, at least we get milder winters... any good shows over there, preferably southerly or near-the-mountains part of the Eastside?

Mild??? Compared to who?? we don't have 7 feet of snow on the ground this year or more to the point we had more then 2 feet by this time last year and this year we are sitting at about 2 inches....our 7 foot record snowfall of last year was a fluke.

As for shows, I haven't been in a few months. Nov I was in Florida and Dec I forgot. Should be one in Spokane comming up soon though...maybe next week???? Edit: Fuck it was today and yesterday.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

Big problem on temp is, I'm literally as cold-blooded as my scaly namesake--by the time you're at "uncomfortably hot/cold", I'm already into either runaway core-overtemperature and cooking from the inside out or rapid central-cooling and hypothermia respectively. Which means a lot of the time I have either ThermaCare or Blue Ice packs taped to my gut...:eek:

Edited by Diamondback
  • 1 month later...

Considering local gun laws, if there's anything worse than living in NY, it's living on Long Island. I think the only time we can touch a gun is when we are going to and from the range. Can't even fire a rifle on the island out of the range. I guess it's just too over-populated. I gotta get out of this damn state! I don't even think we can own any high cap mags!

I gotta get out of this damn state! I don't even think we can own any high cap mags!

Sure we can. If a New Yorker wants mags over 10 rounds, they just have to be pre-ban. Pre-ban AK mags are plentiful and cheap. You can even have a super-evil 100 round drum, if you can afford the going price for a pre-ban. Luckily, every gun I own that runs 10+ round mags as standard, have easily obtainable pre-ban mags. Luckily for you, Long Island isn't one of the 5 boroughs of NYC, which as far as I know, is the only place that have even stricter mag polices than the rest of the state. Maybe Albany or Rochester does too, I'm not really sure.

Either way, you're good to go with pre-bans. Check out Copes Distributing for pre-ban AK mags. Last I checked they still had some Hungarian 20 round "Tanker" mags, and some other pre-ban 30 round AK mags. They will ship pre-bans to NY.

Nothing wrong with the state, just the people you keep electing!

Even if we had the same gun freedoms as the rest of free America, I'd still leave. Living in one state my whole life is not something I want to do. Plus, the weather sucks hard, in NY. I'm not a "wintery" person. Snow can go die...........twice.

Louisiana allows for concealment in your car as if you were in your own home. I was pulled over by a police officer, several after i declared weapons were in the vehicle with me, and they inspected my handgun, told me it had been stolen, I said I didn't steal it I had purchased it and they handed it back to me, no further questions. Legal to have a round in the chamber of a .40 in your glove box with unloaded shotguns in the trunk and an unloaded AR in the back seat, with over five hundred rounds. They searched the shit out of me for drugs though. They brought a secod dog to make sure the first one was telling the truth.

But don't try riding your bike with a weapon of any kind. I was warned that "mounted artillery" is a felony in Louisiana. They said it was funny kinda showed their discrimination against poor people.

Car=money, take a gun, protect yourself

Bike=ecofriendly liberal or poor, guns and liberals just don't makes sense so poor and gun owning go to jail

Sounds safe to me.

CCW=everywhere but campuses(that have lots of signs) public schools and post offices(they have signs too).

Hey and Red Jacket Firearms is from the red stick of LA. Baton Rouge! :up:

Edited by inflightmissiletech

I asked a guy at a counter at a Mass. gun show the price for some 15 round pistol magazines. He told me I couldn't buy them, LEO only. I was so confused, they're just stupid little pistol mags. Then he added, "Or, unless you can prove you live out of state." I'm glad no boogers came out when I snorted. I'm from CT, and I went home with 4 of them. Their laws are hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep hearing that about MD, and I'm only 45 minutes north of the border. Are you telling me not to open carry there?

I've started open carrying around here in PA as long as others are carrying in a group. We're hoping there's strength in numbers. We don't go anywhere we're not supposed to, but we've been to Wally world buying (what else) ammo...

Knowing the law where you live is key.