Just wanted to mention how lucky some of you folks are with compliance laws. :smoke:

I live in a state that has tough regulations (NY) but that is bordered on two sides by states that have more lax rules (PA,CT).

It truly is a tease to live w/in a 40 min drive to both states and still not be able to own a SBS, Full Auto gun or hi cap mags (drums).

I see custom SBS's here and all I can do is drool :ded:

Or I can move...but w/a young family that aint an option at this point in time :unsure:

Just needed to vent a bit.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From my knowledge Oregon is also pretty good on gun laws....except CHL licenses.... unlike every other Western State Oregon does not recongnize the Utah CHL license. So I had to get both Oregon and Utah. I'm not complaining though...a lot worse in other states.

• 5 months later...

New Mexico.

Im from the San Francisco bay area... and living here in a giant sandbox with a high concentration ignorant people to my left and right drives me crazy... but I can do most anything and have most anything out here...

... and that keeps me going.

Im from the San Francisco bay area... and living here in a giant sandbox with a high concentration ignorant people to my left and right drives me crazy...

I thought most of them would be to your left.

• 2 weeks later...

Nebraska's alright. NFA stuff is fine, and we're one of the most recent states to introduce CCW (which allows only for the carrying of pistols), though we still don't recognize anyone else's. The first line of the state Constitution basically says "don't fuck with gun rights," but that is largely ignored, just as it is on the national level. Open carry is legal without a permit, but the bigger cities (Lincoln, Omaha) have ordinances against it.

Our big gun rights advocacy group (can't recall the name of the organization off the top of my head) apparently helped get total statewide CCW preemption passed recently and it is to take effect later this year. Presently, cities may still make ordinances disallowing lawful concealed carry, but not for long.

Nebraska has another peculiar law related to concealed carry, which predates but is not superseded by the CCW permit system. It is an affirmative defense to a charge of carrying a concealed weapon (any weapon, pistol or switchblade etc.) if the person carrying was doing so in the course of business when a prudent person would do so. Since defining a "prudent person" is not easy, I'm not sure how things have gone when this defense has been used in court.

Alabama doesn't permit SBS or SBR's unless they are also full auto (weird loophole). Silencers are allowed, but not legal for hunting. Technically, you need a CCW permit to transport guns in a car. On the plus side, we have decent reciprocity with many other states.

personally if I lived on the border of a basically free state and mine wasn't, I'd move, but that's just me I guess.

Lovin it here in PA, anyone can open carry though you can't transport a loaded gun in a car without a Liscence to Carry, which is silly. LTCF is easy to get, pretty good reciprocity, though fuckin Ohio won't let me carry when I go back home

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have anyone from Florida here? How are the laws there? Interested in setting up an arms accessory trading company there given good logistics surroundings. Any thoughts?

Send a PM to Bvamp. He's in Florida, in the gun biz and very knowledgable.

maine is super friendly- concealed carry, open carry, sbs & sbr, full auto, even dd's, just no switch blades and i think even the spring assist knives are a grey area, & i almost forgot it's also like a micro brew fantasy world, moved here from ny & haven't looked back yet

• 2 weeks later...

Maine is sweet. ALL OF AMERICA should be open carry once again. Concealed is dangerous because the criminals do not know who is armed and who is not, they would try to pull they're stunt of criminality anway, but if they SAW the gun on your belt they would surely think twice about even doing it. THIS IS REAL PROTECTION. Not even having to draw and having a incident at ALL. Protection by deterrent is what weapons are all about, not actually shooting someone. The way the concealed laws are, you about have to shoot someone if they try something funny. This is not right. The ancient Egyptians taught that, ONLY assassin's hide their knives.

I remember when you were allowed to take a rifle to school unloaded on your back bolt open for the shooting clubs after school. The good old days. Bring it BACK!!

• 3 months later...

MI isn't too bad. We just got to where we can have SBS and SBRs, where before we were just FA and AOW. Still no suppressors though. :cryss:

MI DOES have a weird law though in terms of overall length (OAL) a long arm can be: The U.S. standard of needing to be at least 26" OAL with a 16" barrel (rifle) or 18" (shotgun) is still in effect, but if the OAL is less than 30", MI considers it a handgun. Under MI law handguns have to be registered, whereas long arms do not.

Stupid, I know. But there IS one "loophole" where this could be handy....

We're a "shall issue" CCW State, but we cannot carry anything but handguns concealed (no rifles, shotguns, etc). But if you own a rifle or shotgun, and the OAL is less than 30" (but over 26"), it's a handgun according to the State. Owners even have an official registration card stating it's a handgun.

Now, you'd be hard pressed to conceal a Mossberg Cruiser or something like that, but perhaps in a vehicle? I don't think this has ever been challenged in court yet, but currently there's nothing on the books against legally carrying a 26" Saiga with a folding stock under a trench coat. Not that I'd want to try it. LOL

Corbin

Ohio is ok, Arizona was a Hel of alot better. When I got my CCW in AZ, anything you could legally own, you could carry concealed. Ohio is just pistols. :cryss:

Reciprocity(sp) isn't bad but not great either. We have to get two other states "Non-resident" lisences to get almost full coverage. We need a Federal CCW if we're going to have one. One nation, one law. Sorry if this rubs anyone on the states rights side, but I've noticed that states rights is often used to DENY rights to certain individuals/groups.

At least I'm not in Illinois. :lolol:

Washington sucks.

no s.b.s.

no s.b.r.

no full auto

you can own a suppressor, but can't use it...???

however, ccw is no problem and a.o.w.'s are ok

the ccw is for pistols only

Not to mention prices on everything consume drizzling Hershey-squirts in epic quantities... damn Marxtards!

South Carolina

No open carry unless on gun range

Supressor Friendly as long as the county sheiff approves of you.

Can keep concealed weapon in car as long as it is in center consol or glove box (unless you got cwp then you can keep it on you whereever)

:lolol:

When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.

Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.

South Carolina

No open carry unless on gun range

Supressor Friendly as long as the county sheiff approves of you.

Can keep concealed weapon in car as long as it is in center consol or glove box (unless you got cwp then you can keep it on you whereever)

My future home!

Looking forward to all the freedoms I'm not able to enjoy here in NY.

South Carolina

When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.

I've been so tempted to try that just to see what actually would happen.. after I was arrested

• Like 1

South Carolina

I've been so tempted to try that just to see what actually would happen.. after I was arrested

You need a vehicle other than an automobile.

Only place I see fitting for this is Charleston :unsure: