308 muzzle brake

Well shit!

I finally got around to having a mzzle brake welded to my front sight. And when the guy handed it back to me I noticed it was crooked. I thought I had it pretty much lined up on a make-shift jig, I think when he clamped the ground to it, it must have shifted ever so slightly. It's an AK74 style MB that I cut. I could probably file the end so that a bullet wouldn't make contact, I'm not 100% it would contact the end anyway, untill I get home tonight. But my biggest worry is that it might affect the accuarcy. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I might have to try and find another front sight and start over. :cryss:

Well shit!

I finally got around to having a mzzle brake welded to my front sight. And when the guy handed it back to me I noticed it was crooked. I thought I had it pretty much lined up on a make-shift jig, I think when he clamped the ground to it, it must have shifted ever so slightly. It's an AK74 style MB that I cut. I could probably file the end so that a bullet wouldn't make contact, I'm not 100% it would contact the end anyway, untill I get home tonight. But my biggest worry is that it might affect the accuarcy. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I might have to try and find another front sight and start over. :cryss:

As long as the sight is not crooked on the barrel and the bullet doesn't hit the brake you should be fine. You could try cutting it off grind it square and start over.

Good luck

I have tried a couple of well made adapters from reputable manufacturers, with disasterous results. With recoil both allowed just enough motion to allow the bullets to graze the muzzlebreak - amazingly this resulted in 3 impacts per round. One jagged hole in the target, one round hole in the overhead bearm, and the guilding metal jacket off on the ground somewhere to the right.

If it ain't straight -FIX IT!

I have tried a couple of well made adapters from reputable manufacturers, with disasterous results. With recoil both allowed just enough motion to allow the bullets to graze the muzzlebreak - amazingly this resulted in 3 impacts per round. One jagged hole in the target, one round hole in the overhead bearm, and the guilding metal jacket off on the ground somewhere to the right.

If it ain't straight -FIX IT!

Forget what I said Fix it.

If your TIG welding it you need to weld it with little tac's at every 90 degrees keeping it square. If your MIG welding it you can use a slower hand speed when welding to draw it back into alginment from the opposite side you can actually pull it back using the welder. I've done this many times when welding and holding the alignments within .002".