I'm not a fan of the top rail myself as I' do not think it can be zeroed in perfectly... :unsure:

But If I were going to get one, I'd get something like THIS so I could still use my iron sights... :rolleyes:

I get a lot of my accessories from RPB Industries. My Saiga conversion sports a Krink-style stock and an M249 SAW pistol grip. I used the FSE hammer, trigger , and disconnector. Made my own bullet guide. The Krink stock comes with an Uncle Mike's sling swivel. I had to make a loop to replace the teeny tiny one on the Saiga fore end.

Before:

070107.JPG

After:

070109.JPG

Edited by Sheik Yerbouti

I like the look of your conversion. Is that butt stock aluminum or steel, and is it an open channel type construction? Is the butt plate smooth or like a Bulgarian?

I was just curious how strong of a stock it is.

Is the PG one of Tapco's "Saw" type grips or one that RPB makes?

Ok, no more questions.

The buttstock is machined from a solid piece of aluminum, but FSE machined the "joints" into it so it looks like the spotwelded steel. They have also machined a half-round "channel" into it. The buttplate has some broad serrations. It is a sturdy piece of equipment.

The PG is a TAPCO unit resold by RPB. I got it as part of a package, so the overall cost was less than TAPCO. It is hard to keep it secure without thread locker. The internal shape of the PG is the FAL PG shape and TAPCO ships a new bolt and a shelf plate to provide tension. The shelf plate fits across the cavity and the bolt is only about 1.5 inches long. You use a regular stamped AK PG nut. I like the feel of it, but I worry about it coming loose under heavy shooting.

The new buttstock gives up about 4 inches in overall length, making the carbine very handy indeed.

• 1 month later...
I am also looking into adding things to my saiga. I was wondering if the ak dust shield/guard is interchangeable? i am looking at a ak one to put on my siaga with the top mount scope rail instead of the side mount. thanks

Don't bother with top mounted scope mounts. They don't hold zero. The dust cover moves with recoil. You'll lose zero after the first shot fired... it may not be much of a variance at first... but after a couple of clips, you'll find yourself having to zero the scope again. If I'm not mistaken, all Saigas come with a siderail for a scope mount. Go find yourself an AK or SAR side mount for the scope. That'll hold zero regardless of how many rounds you put through the rifle with it on... and Izhmash does make a quick release side mount too... that allows you to flip a switch and take the mount and scope off. Even after taking it off and putting it back on in this fashion, the scope will still hold zero. I know and can swear by it. I've got one and love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet looking stock.......I like that. I took my first deer with my dads SKS, and have been told I was either really lucky or really good shot. I like to think both. But I plan on buying a saiga 12 or 20 ga and probably a .308. I was wondering if the 12 and 20's had slug barrels or if they only came with full choke???

• 4 years later...
Has anyone purchased accessories for their Saiga 7.62x39.

If so what is out there.

I know there are alot of AK47 accessories out there, are

they interchangeable with the Saiga?

most are not interchangeable with the saiga but some are like most of the hand gaurds have to have a "special" peice but there are plenty of saiga accesories out there go to dinzag .com they have alot of links to great stuff

Edited by tonerange