Folding stock conversion

I have read this site for days,, and I cant quite figure this out. I just bought two Saiga 12s and two MD 20 rds. so now I want to convert! I have visited Tromix, VKA, Danzig pretty much all the suggestions. I have read Tromix waiting list is cut off. Missippi is out of stock of alot of Tromix. I would like to convert my guns to Folders. could you please tell me what I need to buy and where, actually has it. I found this on ace Would this work. Saiga Folding Skeleton Stock Set

[AKRBS-FX(_)-FS] $185.00

Saiga Folding Skeleton Stock Set

Click to enlarge

Includes: Receiver Block with SAW style pistol grip (#AKRBS), folding stock mechanism (FSM). Skeleton Stock (#AKFX(length)), 1/2" Recoil Pad (RP1/2), 1 1/4" ambi sling mount (#UM 1.25) and all hardware needed to install this stock. No modifications to your Saiga are necessary. Length of Stock is measured from the back edge of the receiver block to the end of the stock butt, with recoil pad installed.

I dont know I would like some help. it say needs no modification. I want a SAW style grip and folder. And was wondering it seems like every one doing a conversion has to drill and grind on some things.. is that the only way? I dont get why some have to go thru all the modification. and will the ACE or Tromix kit work with out doing that.

That Ace kit will work without converting your gun but, I would recommend that you do convert it instead. Buy a Tromix DIY Trigger Guard or the Saigatechusa.com Trigger guard, a FCG from Dinzag (It's a drop in fit) plus the Saw grip. Then get the Ace AK Internal Receiver block, folding mechanism and stock.

The drilling and grinding is (IMO) the proper way to do it. It would move the trigger closer to the mag release and where the trigger was previously located is where your new pistol grip will go. It's really not hard to do, you just have to be patient with it. I've done two conversions myself (on my .223's, I'd go to jail if I did to my S12) and they work great. Not as pretty as I would like but it cost me nothing for labor :).

I have read this site for days,, and I cant quite figure this out. I just bought two Saiga 12s and two MD 20 rds. so now I want to convert! I have visited Tromix, VKA, Danzig pretty much all the suggestions. I have read Tromix waiting list is cut off. Missippi is out of stock of alot of Tromix. I would like to convert my guns to Folders. could you please tell me what I need to buy and where, actually has it. I found this on ace Would this work. Saiga Folding Skeleton Stock Set

[AKRBS-FX(_)-FS] $185.00

Saiga Folding Skeleton Stock Set

Click to enlarge

Includes: Receiver Block with SAW style pistol grip (#AKRBS), folding stock mechanism (FSM). Skeleton Stock (#AKFX(length)), 1/2" Recoil Pad (RP1/2), 1 1/4" ambi sling mount (#UM 1.25) and all hardware needed to install this stock. No modifications to your Saiga are necessary. Length of Stock is measured from the back edge of the receiver block to the end of the stock butt, with recoil pad installed.

I dont know I would like some help. it say needs no modification. I want a SAW style grip and folder. And was wondering it seems like every one doing a conversion has to drill and grind on some things.. is that the only way? I dont get why some have to go thru all the modification. and will the ACE or Tromix kit work with out doing that.

Take a little time looking thru various pics of peoples rifles on here and you will begin to see how the "NO MOD" Pistol Grip & Stock offerings are basically an extended block which fits in like a regular stock and then the PG and hinge(if it's a folder) are set back farther on that block.

On those "no cut" versions you will see that the PG is NOT moved up closer towards the mag opening (nor is the trigger group moved up) such as it would be on a regular issue AK style weapon.

I can understand why some folks use the "no cutting" style PG/Stock products, but personally it looks weird.

Cheers, HarvKY

If you can't get the tromix parts that you want (and I don't know what your skill level is, or what tools you have), "I" would do the conversion if legal in your area using the ACE internal receiver block (cut the tang off), ACE folding mechanism, and Ace stock of your choice. At a later date, if the Tromix stock is what you were after becomes availlable, buy it as it's a dirrect interchange part with the ACE. You can always resell the ACE stock for about what you paid. The only other thing that I'm aware of is Tromix uses a weld on back mounting plate. Tony removes a couple degrees of angle from the back of the receiver before welding the plate on to correct an issue where the ACE stock setup tips upward slightly when unfolded. It's my understanding that ACE has corrected this issue with their newer internal receiver blocks, but call them to verify. Look at some of the early picture posts and you can see what I'm talking about. Also, by doing the conversion and replacing the FCG, you can get a much better trigger pull and if you know what you're doing, there's a few tricks to get a very short, crisp, pull/release compared to the factory set up.