.223 ammo prices a year ago

Coincidentally, I stumbled across a receipt today from "The Armory" for 1K of 55 gr FMJ Wolf Military Classic dated 1/18/07 for $176.00 shipped.

Edited by pogy

Hmmmm... Two years ago, I got a case (1k) of Wolf 55gn FMJ for $100 shipped. Three years ago, I got a 1400 rd case of Guatemalan (IMI) for $120 and a case (1k) of Barnul for $95 shipped.

That was also in the day where you could locally get South African .308 battle back (140rds) at gun shows for $19-$22 each - and that seemed expensive.

[FWIW - I also remember the early-mid 80's where you could get an Egyptian AK (MAADI) for around $450, but the only 7.62x39 that was available was Norma at around $1 - $1.50 PER ROUND ($20 - $30 for a box of 20)... That, and U.S. surplus M193 (Lake City) was going for about $90 for a 500 round can at gun shows. The IMI stuff was cheaper at about $125 for a case of 1200 in battle packs...]

Ah, the good old days...

Edited by macbeau

Yeah I had 3 cases of ammo back ordered for 289.00 Edit that was 7.62x39 ammo

That was back in late 05

My brother bought 880 rounds of 7.62x54r for 68.00 shipped at the same time...

Edit: I think I bought some brown bear .223 in june of 07 for 160 a case. I think I paid 7.00 for galil orlites to and a dozen ak magazines for 29.00.

Edited by csspecs