finally my first ak

Take your savings and invest in a US made fire control group, and some US made furniture, it will make the package worth about 700, at least thats what they have been going for on Gunbroker.

I just did mine, and you do have to make some minor mods through the process, but, all in all, it wasn't bad.

Welcome to the club!

It looks like it started out life as a BWK-92 - NOT and AT-84(S)...

Definiately not "pre-ban"

I have one similar to it that I got in '93.

I hope you added all the necessary 922R part(s) before adding that pistol grip, Hi-Cap mag and muzzle device...

I got mine and a MAK-90-ish set-up, NIB, for $175 because it had no mags, but I have since added 9 30-round mags (@no more than $14 each) to it... In addition to the Ace Stock, Tapco Saw Grip, Modified Bulgy FH, U.S. made Galil AR Forearm, and U.S. FCG. In the "After" pic, it in the middle...

(T-B, Action Arms Galil 392 ARM 16", .223; Norinco BWK-92, Saiga .308)

Before and after...

Macbeau sends...

post-1473-1229650999_thumb.jpg

post-1473-1229651065_thumb.jpg

Edited by macbeau

bean, as far as i know my friend only has the under forlder and a norinco sks para model but also needs work.

since its my first ak, so im learning as i go along, the rifle its an nhm90 w/some other stampings such as triangle w/66 in it etc....

the vented handguards are from copes distributors

Edited by 671saiga
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

update, last year a friend of mine was sellin his under folder ak, so couple days ago finally picked her up shes a little rusty but hey it has character. according to the owner its been sittin for like 10-12yrs, all these years and the rifling still shiny as hell. did some research more on the rifle and oh boy shes a keeper. its a norinco 56s-1 pre ban the last four digits match the last four on the bolt carrier, and has SILE .Y. N.Y. on the receiver heres some pics

56s1006.jpg

56s1003.jpg

then gave her a lil bit scrub down

56s1take2003.jpg

56s1take2016.jpg

56s1take2007.jpg