I just bought a AMD-65 kit w/ barrel & receiver!

Fellas,

I just bought this complete kit with an ITM receiver. My plan is to keep the ITM receiver in my parts box or sell it (anyone interested?). I want to get the NDS-1 receiver designed for the AMD-65, and build it as an SBR.

My other idea, since the folding wire stock is about worthless, is to find a Romanian rear trunion and install that with a fixed K-VAR stock into a standard NDS-1 receiver. Is this possible?

What do you guys think?

post-5769-1229586092_thumb.jpg

I got it from a private seller on thehighroad.org. Another kit recently sold on gunbroker.com for $315, and it in pretty bad shape w/ no receiver included.

I bought that kit on Gunbroker and I didn't think it looked too bad. Price was a little steep but I'm tired of screwing around with barrels.

I got it from a private seller on thehighroad.org. Another kit recently sold on gunbroker.com for $315, and it in pretty bad shape w/ no receiver included.

I bought that kit on Gunbroker and I didn't think it looked too bad. Price was a little steep but I'm tired of screwing around with barrels.

WT,

I was wondering if you were the one who got that kit, since you've been looking for a barrel. I almost bought it myself, but I decided to wait till the auction got closer to ending. The kit looked rust free, just didn't have much of a finish left on it. What receiver are you doing your build on?

WT,

I was wondering if you were the one who got that kit, since you've been looking for a barrel. I almost bought it myself, but I decided to wait till the auction got closer to ending. The kit looked rust free, just didn't have much of a finish left on it. What receiver are you doing your build on?

I have some collected parts so he also had a front end kit with a barrel. This one I will be trying the Nodak AMD. I am trying real hard to get the rivit thing down. I practicing because I want these to look good. I just put a Brownells Alumahyde II finish on a lond barrel AMD. You have to wait at least 2 days until you can even look at it and maybe 2 weeks before you can put it together. I really like the 65's.

Well, that's a good point. I should clarify what happened with me and what I was thinking when I had this rifle built. First an incomplete parts kit came my way for the price of $70.00. This kit was missing the rear trunnion and trigger guard/mag catch. Now, I like AMDs, but what I like about them is the quality machining , the metal foregrip, the short barrel, great accuracy and the typically very smooth action. I just don't like the limp-assed, zero cheek weld, wire folding stock. Since I did not have the trunnion/stock anyway and since AMD 65s are not really collectable, I decided to have this sbr built with a regular 'ole solid stock. So... It's not the AMD purists AMD. But It is probably the most accurate, most reliable, most practical kalashnokov type weapon I have in 7.62X39.

Edited by jaywalker
Fellas,

I just bought this complete kit with an ITM receiver. My plan is to keep the ITM receiver in my parts box or sell it (anyone interested?). I want to get the NDS-1 receiver designed for the AMD-65, and build it as an SBR.

My other idea, since the folding wire stock is about worthless, is to find a Romanian rear trunion and install that with a fixed K-VAR stock into a standard NDS-1 receiver. Is this possible?

What do you guys think?

What do think you want for the receiver?

Before you purchase a lower handguard for your Saiga application, you should know that there is an ugly-assed square hole in the bottom for the tupperware vertical foregrip that you will want to weld closed and smooth out. -unless you like that kind of foregrip.

Before you purchase a lower handguard for your Saiga application, you should know that there is an ugly-assed square hole in the bottom for the tupperware vertical foregrip that you will want to weld closed and smooth out. -unless you like that kind of foregrip.

Easy enough to cover up with a piece of rail.

• 1 month later...
Fellas,

What do you guys think?

How you making out with this kit???

The kit is in a box in my gun closet. I sold the ITM receiver at a gun show FTF. I used that money to order a higher quality NDS-65 receiver, which won't be delivered until March. So the project is on pause right now.

In the mean time, I'll soon be creating a Trust using Quicken Willmaker. I've got 3 NFA guns that will be built and registered to the Trust.

Quick question for you guys, is the shepherds crook the same on the AMD-65 as opposed to the AK in 7.62x39.

Looked like it was, but since the only one I've seen is a only partially functional Century arms build I'd like to check for sure

I was thinking of getting an AMD kit to build a pistol with. Need some info. Anyone try that before? They're 100% legal here in Cali. I talked to a couple of rangemasters around here.(San Jose) They tell me to bring em out!! Took my Saiga conversions out and got some funny looks. Ignorance is bliss.