Ace Internal Receiver Block

Does anyone know of a vendor with an Ace Internal Block in stock, or is this like asking who has 10/12 round magazines in?

I have searched and no one seems to have them.

Like the one seen in this thread that has to be modified.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=32256

Are there other receiver block alternatives that can be use with the ace folding mechanism? I dont have access to a welder so the Tromix plate isnt an option right now.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

ERG80

Their website has 2 different prices for the block and that made me wonder how long its been since they updated it and if it was still open. so I tried calling and the number had a disconnected message.

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

You might give Ace a shot.

ETA: I tried again and they had a voice recording. Not sure what I did wrong the first time I called.

Edited by ERG80
Their website has 2 different prices for the block and that made me wonder how long its been since they updated it and if it was still open. so I tried calling and the number had a disconnected message.

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

ETA: I tried again and they had a voice recording. Not sure what I did wrong the first time I called.

you can take your saiga stock and cut ot off about .150 past reciever , fill with acruglass mixed with a little of inletting black and put you 2 helicoils in and youve got a reciever block for about 5 bucks and takes about 10 minutes to make . ive had one on a saiga 12 for ten years with no problems

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

you can take your saiga stock and cut ot off about .150 past reciever , fill with acruglass mixed with a little of inletting black and put you 2 helicoils in and youve got a reciever block for about 5 bucks and takes about 10 minutes to make . ive had one on a saiga 12 for ten years with no problems

Man I'd love to see some more detailed instructions on this block BD. Sounds like a good alternative. Acruglass? Do you fill it, let it cure, then drill to insert helicoils? Sounds interesting. More info would be appreciated. :smoke:

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

Man I'd love to see some more detailed instructions on this block BD. Sounds like a good alternative. Acruglass? Do you fill it, let it cure, then drill to insert helicoils? Sounds interesting. More info would be appreciated. :smoke:

could you post up some pics of that setup?

Thanks

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

Thanks

i put the helicoils in the non hardened glass with screws screwed into threads ( screws covered with johnsons hard paste floor wax ) screws held in place by drilling 2 holes in wood paint stirring stick and puttin screws though stick and stick taped to reciver block . ( put wax on stick to as a release agent ) i can make one monday and take pics if i can find my dang camera
  • 2 weeks later...

I will try again.

Thank you for the link.

Thanks

i put the helicoils in the non hardened glass with screws screwed into threads ( screws covered with johnsons hard paste floor wax ) screws held in place by drilling 2 holes in wood paint stirring stick and puttin screws though stick and stick taped to reciver block . ( put wax on stick to as a release agent ) i can make one monday and take pics if i can find my dang camera

I want to see pics of this!!! THX