What is the cheapest muzzle attachment available?

A lot of companies seem to be making muzzle attachments for the Saiga 12 these days. I'd like to put something (brake, flash hider, breacher, it doesn't matter) on the end of my IZ 109, but I don't want to break the bank. I don't need the latest 15 blade razor sharp tyranasaurus inspired terminator brake, just something that looks nifty. And is cheap. So what's the cheapest there is?

Somebody posted a pic of an economy grade one here recently, I bet you could get that one cheap. I wonder if he got the stitches out yet and how he's healing?

I did a bit of searching and wasn't able to find any pics of an exploded brake. Hopefully it's not the same kind that I ordered.

I really like the look of the Worthog, but I decided that, at least at this point in time, I didn't want to have to deal with indexing it. ( I know it's not hard, I'm just lazy) So I purchased one through Carolina Shooters Supply, made by DPH.

I knew when I bought my Saiga that it wasn't going to be a cheap hobby. Can't fault a guy for trying though! :D

I just looked for it too, can't find it either.

It was posted (IIRC) by one of the business members here, that makes muzzle devices. Showing the differences between their's and the lesser quality units. It did self destruct and the shooter was injured. It certainly got my attention.

Maybe someone else knows where the pic is?

ETA, You can't go wrong with a DPH. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him over the years. Top shelf parts.

Edited by 7.62x39

I would suggest that you stick a potato on the end of your barrel!

It protects the threads just fine, will suppress the flash, once, and only costs a few cents! They can also be painted to match the gun, for the fashion conscious!

Just be careful to use only a genuine Idaho Potato, if you use a Irish Potato you could run into 922R compliance issues!

HTH! :lol:

It protects the threads just fine, will suppress the flash, once, and only costs a few cents! They can also be painted to match the gun, for the fashion conscious!

Just be careful to use only a genuine Idaho Potato, if you use a Irish Potato you could run into 922R compliance issues!

:haha2: Good one!

If for one shot the potato lowered the blast sound by one decibel it would be an illegal silencer. But the BATFE would have to test it first and then produce the blasted remains of the potato in court. It would be quite a sight.