SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

post-11998-1229907620_thumb.jpgI just got half of the magwells back from our CNC Production guy about an hour ago and here is a picture. As soon as I have all of them, I will send them out for both Black and Clear Hard Coat Anodizing. If anyone wants one as it is, let me know. Looking at about under two weeks turn arround for the anodizing.

We have been testing (Three of us) these magwell for over four months, with literally thousands of rounds, and I am happy to report; ZERO PROBLEMS. Very minor modification to the AGP Magwell and I am not seeing a problem fitting the Surefire Mags, as they are pretty much the same (Bannanna Configuration with ribs/lugs).

We could not keep the cost down as much as we wanted because the cycle time was rather high on the CNC, but we are looking at $175.00 for the magwell per unit.

If you want us to install the magwell you are looking at an additional $65.00 and that includes one magazine (yours) fitted to the magwell, blending of the receiver to the magwell. Additional fitting of magazines is $25.00 per mag.

You can take the magwell off and still "Rock N Lock" if you want. The blending does not affect function of the weapon platform. It is actually better, no sharp edges and the well is opened up.

EDIT: I was just counting on my fingers and the magwell have been tested for seven (7) months since the first prototype. Damn, where does the time go.

Regards

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom II

jdtravers@hotmail.com

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice. do you have a flaw part that I can do shock and other tests on, that you would not mind being destroyed? I can send it back to you when I am finished with it.....and the results will be for your eyes only, as always, if you prefer.

Looks great. How does it attach?

Thank you. To start with, it is a male/female fit, with the magwell being the female and the receiver being the male. This alows zero side to side play. The stock magazine release boss/ears are captured by the magwell and provides two functions; a. it captures the magazine release pin. b. This further unifies the magazine well to the receiver.

There are Three counter sunk holes in the base of the magwell, two left and right of the stock magazine release boss/ears (rear) and one at the very front. They are secured by three (3) #6-40 Flat Socket Cap Screws drilled and tapped into the bottom of the receiver.

The magwell itself will act as a template and it indexs just as show in the picture, flush with the front base of the receiver.

Like I noted in the first post, three of us have been testing this magwell for a few months and it has worked flawlessly. I have use my Saigas as test beds and beat the living crap out of them. They stay in the "White" because of all the abuse they take. The magwell locks on solidly to the receiver. One may think #6-40 screws are undersized, but once you see how the system works (synergy) there is no doubt the system is sound. you could just about epoxy it on and it would work.

If you want, send me a mag (Surefire) and I will send you a magwell and we can go from there.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom II

We Saiga compeitiors need that item.

You got it!! That's why I develped it. I refuse to use the tubes anymore in Open Division with my Tube shotguns. There is nothing practical about a bunch of F#@king tubes hanging off your ass.

Dean Makos (Tromix Competition Saiga) is my shooting buddy and he got me interested in the Saiga for Open Division. I generally kick his ass with whatever I shoot, but I kept playing with the Saiga's until I finally got them to my liking. Definitely a different beast but it is the way of the future.

Just waiting for them to be allowed in Tactical Division. One of the upcomming Texas 3-Gun matches is going to allow non-ported, Iron Sight Saigas in the Tactical Division.

Maybe this will open the door.

Jack

very nice. do you have a flaw part that I can do shock and other tests on, that you would not mind being destroyed? I can send it back to you when I am finished with it.....and the results will be for your eyes only, as always, if you prefer.

I will get with you.

Jack

How do I order?

All orders at this time will be thru the shop address in West Palm Beach, FL., as noted:

Millennium Custom II

1847 Aragon Ave.

Suite #5

Lake Worth, FL 33461

561-628-2127

The owner, Derek, will take care of all orders. All payment methods are accepted.

Please send email correspondence to me at: jdtravers@hotmail.com

I do not get involved with the business end. It wouldn't be fun anymore if I did.

The website is: mcguns.com

We will update the website after our webmaster comes off his 30 day Christmas Holliday drunk. (Maybe)

Take care,

Jack

So these work with modified AGP/Surefire mags and you can still "rock and lock" with unmodified mags? That's awsome! Any pictures of a modified mag, a blended receiver or a magwell on a complete gun? Mags have to be modified my you? I assume the magwell can be installed by virtually anyone that knows how to drill and tap. It's a great day to own a Saiga. ;)

So these work with modified AGP/Surefire mags and you can still "rock and lock" with unmodified mags? That's awsome! Any pictures of a modified mag, a blended receiver or a magwell on a complete gun? Mags have to be modified my you? I assume the magwell can be installed by virtually anyone that knows how to drill and tap. It's a great day to own a Saiga. ;)

I will update photos, etc., during the week. The blending of the receiver is just like blending the ports on an intake manifold by matching the ports to the gasket. Pretty easy to do.

Just scribe a line arround the inside of the installed magwell, take it off and open up the receiver well.

There will be very detailed instructions with each magwell. The modification to the magazine is very easy. I will do one mag (yours) with each magwell I install, but the instructions will show you how to modify the magazine, if you want to do it yourself. Not hard at all. This you can do with a dremel and a little sandpaper. A belt sander would be nice.

I engineered the magwell so it would be very user friendly to install and would not require a machine shop/gunsmith. This, besides function, was my primary goal.

Been a long day, I am out of here. More to follow tomorrow.

Thanks guys,

Jack

I'm in. I'll contact your vendor after reading your reply to this post. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to the Sagia world.

When you say: "You can take the magwell off and still "Rock N Lock" if you want. " What does that mean?

Why not leave the magwell on all the time? Why not convert all of your mags? Why would you need to remove the magwell?

I'm assuming your magwell works something like the one on my M4A1. Slap the mag into its catch, release the bolt and start shooting... Correct?

More pics of the magwell, mag release and with a mag installed would help explain too.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm assuming this will work best with a LRBHO... What are you using?

Edited by JeffD
SAIGA_MAGWELL_FINAL.jpgI just got half of the magwells back from our CNC Production guy about an hour ago and here is a picture. As soon as I have all of them, I will send them out for both Black and Clear Hard Coat Anodizing. If anyone wants one as it is, let me know. Looking at about under two weeks turn arround for the anodizing.

You sir have just opened the doors to a lot more attention than i care for. Best of luck to you and hold on for the ride.

Also thanks for developing this.

I'm in. I'll contact your vendor after reading your reply to this post. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to the Sagia world.

When you say: "You can take the magwell off and still "Rock N Lock" if you want. " What does that mean?

Why not leave the magwell on all the time? Why not convert all of your mags? Why would you need to remove the magwell?

I'm assuming your magwell works something like the one on my M4A1. Slap the mag into its catch, release the bolt and start shooting... Correct?

More pics of the magwell, mag release and with a mag installed would help explain too.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm assuming this will work best with a LRBHO... What are you using?

I would have no reason to ever go back to Rock N Lock, but in case someone wishes to, I just want to make it clear that adding the mag does not alter the existing function to do so.

With the magwell, you do not have to load on an open bolt. Put the mag in, cycle the bolt and rock. Think of it like inserting a magazine into a pistol and chambering a round. Same thing. Loads just as easy.

Regards,

Jack

I don't see a mag release anywhere?

Did you notice there is nothing else on there either like a trigger, stock, dust cover, axis pins, barrel, etc. (just kidding).

It is what is known as a stripped receiver. I can not fit a complete long gun into the photo tent.

The mag release consist of an extended mag release to activate it with your trigger finger without letting go of the grip.

Jack

nice to see there's competition out there between everyone...keep the goods rolling in!!! this only makes it easier for the S-12 owners to get their paws on new products...we can only expect new and better things.

nice design by the way, i appreciate you and everyone out there trying to push the envelope!

What is this exactly?

Is this just like a stripped receiver that you can build a weapon off of?

i have no idea?

He's sot selling the receiver, he's selling magwells, the piece under the receiver. The receiver is only there to show how it fits. Instead of the typical AK-style "rock-n-lock" mag insertion method, it would function more like an M4. It simply screws to the gun after a few holes are drilled and tapped.

What is this exactly?

Is this just like a stripped receiver that you can build a weapon off of?

i have no idea?

He's sot selling the receiver, he's selling magwells, the piece under the receiver. The receiver is only there to show how it fits. Instead of the typical AK-style "rock-n-lock" mag insertion method, it would function more like an M4. It simply screws to the gun after a few holes are drilled and tapped.

Thank you. No the stripped receiver is a customer's gun in the process of being built. I can not get a full size gun (long gun) in the photo tent, so it is easier to photograph the part on a stripped receiver.

I have another receiver I am building to show case the parts.

Regards,

Jack

I don't see a mag release anywhere?

Did you notice there is nothing else on there either like a trigger, stock, dust cover, axis pins, barrel, etc. (just kidding).

It is what is known as a stripped receiver. I can not fit a complete long gun into the photo tent.

The mag release consist of an extended mag release to activate it with your trigger finger without letting go of the grip.

Jack

I'm assuming the extended mag release is included with the magwell?

Have you, or do you have, a LRBHO mod to work with the magwell you have developed? More info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JD 8^)

Thank you. No the stripped receiver is a customer's gun in the process of being built. I can not get a full size gun (long gun) in the photo tent, so it is easier to photograph the part on a stripped receiver.

I have another receiver I am building to show case the parts.

Regards,

Jack

I volunteer to do an extensive torture test of it.

I'll take it down to New Orleans on my special details!