SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order for 2 and was told they should be ready for shippping by Jan. 2nd. In February when I come home on R&R, assuming there's no hiccups in shipping or the like, I will be testing very extensively!

Ditto... Called and spoke to Derek this morning and ordered mine today too! :big_smile:

OK did I miss sumpin ? what will be the final production finish of the well ? flat black, gloss black, park, some high speed polymer coating ?? Just wondering

Thanks

As soon as I have all of them, I will send them out for both Black and Clear Hard Coat Anodizing. If anyone wants one as it is [no coating], let me know. Looking at about under two weeks turn arround for the anodizing.

I think the deal is you have to make a choice mag well or drum, me I would pick mag well. Unless some one makes a drum with a long/strong neck hint hint! Heck it could hold 23 or maybe 25 rounds that would be great because you could put a full box of shot shells in the drum.

I think the deal is you have to make a choice mag well or drum, me I would pick mag well. Unless some one makes a drum with a long/strong neck hint hint! Heck it could hold 23 or maybe 25 rounds that would be great because you could put a full box of shot shells in the drum.

Once I get my head above water, I will take a look at it. I will go grab Dean Makos Drum and check it out. Aldo (Al Zita, ZM Weapons) extended the neck on the drum for his Spas and got it working.

Nothing that can't be done.

Jack

There are only five (5) magwell left from this production run.

I had to keep 25 of them for customer guns/builds and the rest pre-sold in one day.

We will do another production run as quickly as we can. Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom II

Question for Jack -

I was one of the lucky ones to get in on the first batch of magwells. :D

I'm new to the saiga world, not to guns and/or mods, and I building up my parts list to do my first saiga conversion. I purchased two saiga and this first conversion will be a bolt-on, not weld, until I have fimilarized myself with what works/feels best for me.

I have been looking at the saigatech trigger guard/grip adapter and wondering if it would interfere with the magwell.

post-14713-1230056320_thumb.jpg

Jack can you comment on this please.

Thanks in advance,

JD

It will work with the stock mag release.

Once you trim the mags correctly they will be "Drop Free" mags.

I will have VERY detailed instructions on how to adapt the mags to the magwell. Very easy, just can't get carried away and take off too much of the front lug.

Will have one of the new Surefire 12/13 round mags tomorrow (Wednesday) and I will check it out in the magwell. It should spec out just like an AGP. Will let you know.

Jack

When do you think the second run will come out?

no :dollar: avail right now end of month & x-mas always take a toll.

If we can get the cycle time (cost) down on each magwell we will use the same company which just ran the product and be out in about two weeks.

Jack

If we can get the cycle time (cost) down on each magwell we will use the same company which just ran the product and be out in about two weeks.

Jack

Jack,

So you think you will have the second run available in about 2 weeks?

And just to recap, the installation CAN be performed at home without a gunsmith? I think I saw you mention that earlier in the thread.

Z

I hate to sound dumb, but exactly what is it that the magwell does?

By the way, is that you surfing? I live and surf on the Outer Banks of NC.

Starman,

With the magwell, you load a magazine in the Saiga just like you would with an AR-15/M16, etc. Just push the magazine into the magwell and seat it. Very easy and you don't have to have the bolt locked back to do it. Push the extended magazine release and the mag will drop free.

Yeah, I still surf whenever I can. That picture was down in Jaco, Costa Rica.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom II

Jack

Jack,

So you think you will have the second run available in about 2 weeks?

And just to recap, the installation CAN be performed at home without a gunsmith? I think I saw you mention that earlier in the thread.

Z

We still have some left right now and yes, we should have the next run out mid January.

Yes, you can instal the magwell well with a hand drill, and blend the receiver opening with a dremel. Just follow the instructions and take your time.

Jack

Here is one of the pictures which is in the detailed instructions with regards to modifying the AGP magazine for the Mag well.

This is just a basic view to give you an idea how easy it is to modify the mag. The insructions have VERY detailed, step by step instructions

You sand/cut down the front lug as shown, and lightly sand the sides of the mag to fit the inside of the Saiga 12 receiver well. The mags are generally oversize of the receiver well, sanding the sides allows the mag to drop free when the mag release is pushed. The inside of the Saiga 12 receiver well is 1.003 +/- .001, so you want the outside of top of the magazine to be about .001 undersize of the receiver well.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Millennium Custom II

SAIGA_12_magmod.ppt

post-11998-1230212354_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Derek this afternoon. He said that the mag wells should be back from the anodize shop in the next few days, and will ship immediately after that. The holidays messed up the (anticipated) schedule ;)

Alex

I talked to Derek this afternoon. He said that the mag wells should be back from the anodize shop in the next few days, and will ship immediately after that. The holidays messed up the (anticipated) schedule ;)

Alex

Aw come on...you must of forgot where you are Alex....how long did we hear about 10rd mags before they finally happened? then the drum? This particular magwell seems pretty quick

And you don't see me whining about delivery, either :ph34r:

The question was asked about a specific (now past) date, and I answered because I just happend to have got off the phone with Derek a few minutes before I read the post. While I am always impatient, I really won't "need" mine until the LaRue Tactical match in March :D

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
And you don't see me whining about delivery, either :ph34r:

The question was asked about a specific (now past) date, and I answered because I just happend to have got off the phone with Derek a few minutes before I read the post. While I am always impatient, I really won't "need" mine until the LaRue Tactical match in March :D

Alex

I just ordered one of these so we will see how long it takes. My S12 is taken down at the moment as it is getting refinished so this is a perfect time to do it. I waited all this time to get a drum and now that I have it I am going to put on a magwell that won't accept it...

I think however that the utility of quicker mag changes will outweigh the 20 round advantage as I would not toss an empty drum on the ground like I will an AGP.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA