SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little worried about modding my mags for it, but it does look good.

got mine on monday went downtown got a 5/40 tap, had the correct number drill, went slow read directions 3 or 4 times- magwell installed, rec. blended , 1st mag modded all in 2 1/2 hours !!!really needs an extension on the mag release ! only 1 criticizism -the front edge where magwell lines up flush with recievers front edge- damn those corners are sharp! hate to trash the anodizing but they gotta go! overall very happy THANKS JACK!! (when will the mag releases be ready??) :smoke:

I'm a little worried about modding my mags for it, but it does look good.

got mine on monday went downtown got a 5/40 tap, had the correct number drill, went slow read directions 3 or 4 times- magwell installed, rec. blended , 1st mag modded all in 2 1/2 hours !!!really needs an extension on the mag release ! only 1 criticizism -the front edge where magwell lines up flush with recievers front edge- damn those corners are sharp! hate to trash the anodizing but they gotta go! overall very happy THANKS JACK!! (when will the mag releases be ready??) :smoke:

I am getting up with my CNC Production guy tomorrow and try to make a run of them. Perhaps within the next two weeks.

Jack T.

Yeah I was planning on making my own mag release extension, All you really need is a 1/2" wide piece of metal you can bend then just drill a hole and put a pop rivet in there. Now all I need is a 12G reloader.......

You have to be very careful adding weight to the existing magrelease. Too much and the inertia of the recoil will cause the magrelease to move forward and drop the magazine.

Hang loose and we will have a drop in extended release available within two weeks. Already tig welded, checkered and ready to drop in, just use your spring and pin.

Jack T.

OK, I am ready to do it. Do you have any mag wells available? Maybe a mag well/ extended release combo?

I am dropping some magwells and handguards off to be anodized. Should have them back by late next week.

Jack Travers

E-mail sent. Have you, or has anyone else reading this thread, modded a factory 8 rounder? I believe they have a metal insert in the mag catch bump? I have 2 of these mags, and if they are doable that's great, otherwise I guess I could sell or trade them (like I will my drum). I don't think I want to guinea pig one, though.

E-mail sent. Have you, or has anyone else reading this thread, modded a factory 8 rounder? I believe they have a metal insert in the mag catch bump? I have 2 of these mags, and if they are doable that's great, otherwise I guess I could sell or trade them (like I will my drum). I don't think I want to guinea pig one, though.

The metal insert is pretty small. Not sure if I would use it for a Guinea pig. I have done several of the Surefire 8rd mags I am selling. Pretty simple with those.

Greg

I really like this magwell.

My only problem is I just spent 240 bucks on an MD-20 drum and I only have the one Saiga 12. I know Mike has mentioned doing a compatable magwell for the drum, but I'm having a real hard time not ordering this now. LOL

Corbin

I have ten (10) of the magwells left for the AGP mags. They are in the "white" (not anodized).

Will let them go for $125.00 each.

Contact me direct at 561-317-9096 or at jdtravers@hotmail.com

When these are gone that will be it for the AGP magwell.

I am re-starting up my old business and comming out with several new products which won't be so cost driven and allow me to bring a quality product at a fair price to you guys!

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

I am heading back down to the Florida Open, Pistol Competion in Frostproof, FL. I will be back in the shop on Monday and take care of the orders and get back with everyone. I have very limited cell phone coverage in this part of the state.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

Jack,

Last week there were magwell's in the process of being made-were those the AGP's your talking about now? Second, I see your sig line changed from

Millennium Custom II, to JT Engineering. Are they one in the same or should future questions concerning the magwell's be dirrected to you exclusively?

Jack,

Last week there were magwell's in the process of being made-were those the AGP's your talking about now? Second, I see your sig line changed from

Millennium Custom II, to JT Engineering. Are they one in the same or should future questions concerning the magwell's be dirrected to you exclusively?

Ya, I'm getting confused. When I emailed for pricing Derek said to call him at Millennium Custom?

Jack,

Yes, they are one and the same. I am revamping my old business. I shut it down when I was diagnosed with cancer years ago. All OK and I am going back to my Logo and Business name.

Call me directly for pricing. I am clearancing the AGP Magwells at $125.00.

JT,

A few posts back you talked about an extended mag release changeout you were making that would not be too heavy to disrupt the guns inertia. I was wondering what your status was on that. The magwell works great, Ive used it and it was definitely worth it,

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

The extended magrelease will be available within the next two weeks at Carolina Shooters Supply. I am out of the originals I was using for builds.

Regards,

Jack Travers

Jack,

Ya, I'm getting confused. When I emailed for pricing Derek said to call him at Millennium Custom?

I took over all my parts directly and will be going thru Carolina Shooters Supply. For the clearance mags, call me at 561-317-9096.

Regards,

Jack Travers

I have one of Jack's magwells on my S12 and I just installed two more on my friend's guns yesterday. They are beautiful. Easy to install and the mag fitting is a breeze. Jack was really great in answering PMs on the BE forum too. Derek at Millenium is one of the best pistol gunsmiths in the country, so Jack's association with MCG is a great endorsement. Order these with confidence. The magwell brings out the full potential of the S12.

I'm looking forward to the mag release and anything else JT can come up with.

What is the advantage of new version of the magwell?

Steve

I have one of Jack's magwells on my S12 and I just installed two more on my friend's guns yesterday. They are beautiful. Easy to install and the mag fitting is a breeze. Jack was really great in answering PMs on the BE forum too. Derek at Millenium is one of the best pistol gunsmiths in the country, so Jack's association with MCG is a great endorsement. Order these with confidence. The magwell brings out the full potential of the S12.

I'm looking forward to the mag release and anything else JT can come up with.

What is the advantage of new version of the magwell?

Steve

Steve,

The new Magwell is a joint project between myself and Robert from R&R Racing. We took my basic platform and have targeted it towards the Surefire Magazine. Because of tolerance differentiations between the AGPs, Surefires, Promags, etc. it becomes very difficult to design a product which will work with every magazine without having to excessively modify one over the other. It becomes a compromise and we both felt we needed to target the Magazine Well towards the Surefire Magazines in order to bring the best quality and performance to the customer.

We both feel the Surefire Magazine, at this time, is the best manufactured magazine available to the customer. The tollerences are very consistent, very well made and it is very easy to shorten the magazine if required.

Robert and I bring a lot to the table when we combined our skills and knowledge. Together we have a very diverse knowledge from Racing Cars and Motorcycles, to years of Gunsmithing, engineering, tool and die, welding and fabrication. Robert likes his race cars, I still race motorcycles (Motorcross/GNCC). I spent my professional career with the 5thSFG(A) as a member of a Special Forces A Team, (Light Weapons and Communications NCOIC) and have a vast knowledge of tactical weapons systems and their deployment.

We know what works and what doesn't.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

man this forum rocks!

are the on CSS yet?

I hope to have them for sale sometime next week. I will keep you updated when they are available.

Greg

Jack you couldn't have picked a better retailer to partner with, Greg has been prompt an efficient in my dealings with him and am glad to say I will purchasing more parts from him in the future. I have just purchased a couple more IZ-109's. I want to make the magwell conversion on one of them, I'm just strapped right now. The point is will the magwell be available in the future or is it truly now or never?