SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cobra's extended mag release

Anyone know where I can get a mag release extension? I want the type that you can hit with your trigger finger with your hand still on the grip.

**EDIT** Sorry, I answered a question from page 3, which I believe got answered on page 4

Edited by Corbin
Jack, what size of cheek riser do you have on that CTR? I have been looking high and low for a 3/4 sized one.

To my knowledge, it is the only one available for the CTR (According to the rep at Magpul). It raises the cheek weld about 3/4 inch.

Jack

Are all the clearance magwells sold? If so, are the new ones going to be available soon?

When the CNC shop ran the original batch they made an extra 20 magwells over what I ordered. I am going to go pick them up next week and get them back out there. That magwell works pretty damn good. It works great with the Surefires also, just have to put a shim on the back of the magazine.

I am not sure about the new magwell yet. I have to test it out on several Shotguns since they are all different and I want to be 100% sure it is going to be reliable.

Jack

Jack, what size of cheek riser do you have on that CTR? I have been looking high and low for a 3/4 sized one.

To my knowledge, it is the only one available for the CTR (According to the rep at Magpul). It raises the cheek weld about 3/4 inch.

Jack

Must be the half inch, or they are in process of re doing their risers. I'm lookin for a 3/4 inch riser myself.

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?ma...11aae546a36c3aa

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge, the Saiga-12 has not been friendly towards the practice of having having a bunch of magazines and a bunch of different rifles, and being able to grab any mag and any weapon and have a reliable mating of the two. Mags often had to be fitted to individual weapons.

Does the magwell make the Saiga-12 more flexible to this mix & match practice?

-P.

Edited by Prophet
  • 2 weeks later...

I have eight (8) of the AGP Magwells left (in the "White").

When these are gone, they are gone!! I picked up the very last of them at the CNC Production Shop. If you use AGP magazines exclusively and you want a magwell, this is an outstanding magwell.

Carolina Shooters Supply has the extended magazine releases in stock.

$125.00 each

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

561-317-9096

Jack, can you comment on how the Surefire magwell's are coming along or any further information dealing with fitting Promag's to the AGP style magwell?

Should these be true straight insert, or do I need to tip the front just "slightly" for proper fitting.

Jack, can you comment on how the Surefire magwell's are coming along or any further information dealing with fitting Promag's to the AGP style magwell?

Should these be true straight insert, or do I need to tip the front just "slightly" for proper fitting.

I have the prototype finished, just trying to get the prints/specs compeleted and the first CNC Prototype from the production shop. They do not work on my time frame.

They will be a straight insert, just like an AR Mag.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

561-317-9096

When I do a full build, I weld up the old selector lever holes on both sides of the receiver. Mill a slot on the right side of the receiver for the sliding safety along with four detents, two visual indicators (red/white) and two ball mill detents for a positive lock in both fire and safe positions. The safety block inside the receiver locks the trigger leg in the safe position the same as the old selector/safety lever. Just a much different design.

The Hogue grip is from the AR15.

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

+1 for the added funnel/flare. I'm extremely tempted to get a magwell, but having spent money on an MD-20 (and about to get another one), I'm looking at either having to buy another Saiga or go without. I imagine a magwell for a drum would be pretty short. Sigh..... :unsure:

It looks great though.

Corbin

I'm buying a Saiga 12 and I've decided I want to get five 8 round magazines for it. I also want to get a mag well but I'm in a slightly unusual situation, I live in California so I will be using a bullet button style magazine lock.

The bullet button slows you down removing a magazine but it doesn't slow you down putting one in, a mag well will still be a good feature to have.

Should I buy a mag well and AGP mags or wait for the Surefire version?

Would either mag well accept the 5 round magazine that comes with the shotgun?

I like the idea of the AGP because I think it has metal feed lips, but if they are being abandoned for surefire (by magwell manufacturers any way), which is the right decision?

Thanks

I'm buying a Saiga 12 and I've decided I want to get five 8 round magazines for it. I also want to get a mag well but I'm in a slightly unusual situation, I live in California so I will be using a bullet button style magazine lock.

The bullet button slows you down removing a magazine but it doesn't slow you down putting one in, a mag well will still be a good feature to have.

I like the idea of the AGP because I think it has metal feed lips, but if they are being abandoned for surefire (by magwell manufacturers any way), which is the right decision?

Thanks

The magwell designed for the AGP mags WILL work with the Surefire mag... They only need a 0.020" shim attached to the back of the Surefire mags. Don't worry, you will NOT be AGP pigeon-holed. Take the price cut.

Thanks

The magwell designed for the AGP mags WILL work with the Surefire mag... They only need a 0.020" shim attached to the back of the Surefire mags. Don't worry, you will NOT be AGP pigeon-holed. Take the price cut.

I will be waiting for the surefire magwells.

I have eight (8) of the AGP Magwells left (in the "White").

When these are gone, they are gone!! I picked up the very last of them at the CNC Production Shop. If you use AGP magazines exclusively and you want a magwell, this is an outstanding magwell.

Carolina Shooters Supply has the extended magazine releases in stock.

$125.00 each

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

561-317-9096

Jack, I got them in and installed one. Worked like a dream. Only modified one mag to get a feel for it. Still has a little roc/loc feel to it, I need to trim the front lug just a little more. I used 6/32 button heads to mount it.

2008_0420S12Magwell0004.jpg

Trying out a few different tappets and 200 rnds WWB for the day not one complaint

2008_0420S12Magwell0011.jpg

Edited by rockmup

SUREFIRE MAGWELL CNC PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE IS DONE!!!

We finalized the first magwell off the production run on Friday evening. I will test it over the weekend and do the final adjustments on Monday and start the procuction run.

Will be ready for delivery within the next two weeks. That gives me a week to have them anodized.

Price is pending per unit cycle times/setup cost, which I will know by mid next week.

These are flared magwells and very easy to install and modify the magazines to.

I do not have the camera here in Florida, will have pictures out by Monday.

Looks really good, straight insert, very tight and the magazine will still drop free.

Enclosed is a picture of the initial pieced together prototype, which the new magwell is based on. The production magazine has all radiused corners and flare.

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

561 317-9096

post-11998-1241282003_thumb.jpg