SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding your SUREFIRE MAGWELL CNC PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE...are you going to produce a quantity of them? Are there any available for purchase?

Jack may have some for me in 2 weeks. Pricing is not set yet.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Jack, I'm interested in the AGP magwell but I have a Raddlock on my gun. Would it still work with the magwell?

Seriously what's the point of having a raddlock on a damn Saiga 12. Why didn't you just not put a pistol grip? You essentially neutered the rifle completely just for a pistol grip, lol.

Jack, I'm interested in the AGP magwell but I have a Raddlock on my gun. Would it still work with the magwell?

Seriously what's the point of having a raddlock on a damn Saiga 12. Why didn't you just not put a pistol grip? You essentially neutered the rifle completely just for a pistol grip, lol.

In California the Saiga-12 is an Assault Weapon because it is Semi-Automatic Shotgun with a Detachable Magazine, and therefore Illegal, regardless of it having a pistol grip or monte carlo stock.

The Saiga-12 needs the magazine locked in California in both configurations.

Regarding your SUREFIRE MAGWELL CNC PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE...are you going to produce a quantity of them? Are there any available for purchase?

Jack may have some for me in 2 weeks. Pricing is not set yet.

Greg

2 weeks is up. Ship me one!

have a question re: these magwells and magazine mods.

When you modify the magazine for this magwell, will the mags still work in your stock rifle after you remove the magwell? How is the magazines overall fit in a stock rifle after the magwell modification done to them???

Edited by lvjeffro

The mags once modified for this magwell will NOT work in a stock Saiga, but once you mount this and adjust the magazines for it then you won't want anything else. This magwell allowed me to run my Saiga in a recent 3 gun flawlessly. Not one single malfunction or missed reload. Absolutely perfect!!!

My questions are based out of hopes that I could run a magwell and a drum together or if not, take the magwell off and run a drum and magazines in the stock gun...

I had brought up the infamous AA WM, which I didn't realize was taboo here as the WM has a longer rail set and thought that this magwell and the WM would work... Just trying to get a drum and magwell to run together...I know a great dream but a dream none the less...

So is it possible to modify the factory 5 rounder to work with this magwell?

Ive got it installed and the agp's work great, i wont be taking it off, so the factory 5 rounder was kinda worthless to me, so i started grinding away, I have it so it can lock, but its not nearly as smooth as the 10 rounder,

I'm concerned if i grind more I will ruin the mag, its pretty clear the agp has a much sharper bend,

any one have any experience with it?

TIA

DSCN0315-1.jpg

edit to ad pic

Edited by africamagical

Dr. Bormental has shown pics of his projects including Russian plastic magwell and factory magwell 8 round mags. I believe he is bias toward that solution (which I agree looks very nice).

The nice thing about this aluminum magwell is that it will work with higher capacity American made mags that are at least 1/3rd the price to us than Russian 8 round mags.

Appearance modifications are a very subjective thing. What looks odd and un-uniform to him looks like a great functional solution to the majority of Americans.

Dr. Bormental has shown pics of his projects including Russian plastic magwell and factory magwell 8 round mags. I believe he is bias toward that solution (which I agree looks very nice).

The nice thing about this aluminum magwell is that it will work with higher capacity American made mags that are at least 1/3rd the price to us than Russian 8 round mags.

Appearance modifications are a very subjective thing. What looks odd and un-uniform to him looks like a great functional solution to the majority of Americans.

Considering that we only keep the receiver barrel and bolt group...and throw the rest in the trash..LOL

Jim

My questions are based out of hopes that I could run a magwell and a drum together or if not, take the magwell off and run a drum and magazines in the stock gun...

I had brought up the infamous AA WM, which I didn't realize was taboo here as the WM has a longer rail set and thought that this magwell and the WM would work... Just trying to get a drum and magwell to run together...I know a great dream but a dream none the less...

you can take the magwell off and run a drum, that is what I do. But both drums will not fit with magwell on. But if you want to spend a ass ton of money

http://www.maxrounds.com/index.php?option=...5&Itemid=37

but you could buy a really nice set of hex keys for that money :P I have the AGP magwell and love it. I was going to sell it but it is not that big of a deal to unscrew three screws to use you drum. and if you have seen the Russian magwell it is a bit of a disappointment.

really, cause the ak is such an attractive thing in the first place?

This detail is simply ugly! Why all speak that that it looking well. It is awful :booo:

I agree with the Russian. It looks like ass.

:haha:

the guys at work are always telling me "fat chicks need lovin' too", with that said I think it looks sexy and want one.

I'm really not too concerned how the mag well looks. If it's durable and works flawless, that's the only real concern I have.

Well...that and the price it will cost to do it.

+1 I did not buy my S12 for it's looks

Edited by fenrir

In CA all semi-shotguns need to be maglocked regardless of if they have a pistol grip or not. :( Cali laws are bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...