SAIGA 12 MAGWELL COMPLETED

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vz. If you mod your mags they will only work with the well on. If you take the well off, any mag will still work as you do not remove enough material from the actual gun to make a difference.

Basically if you have the well and 3 modified mags, you can get by and keep the other mags un-modified.

BUt it's up to you.

...any mag will still work as you do not remove enough material from the actual gun to make a difference.

I don't know about that.

Bobash. I know that you and Tony have installed quite a few mag-wells in your time but I can take my mag well off and run Surefires, MD20, AGPs & 5rounders that haven't been modified, just fine.

Then I put it back on and use my modified mags to run competiton.

I've found that I can still use unmodified mags, but there is significant side play compared to pre-installation due to slightly opening the sides of the receiver for a good "drop free" when the mag release is hit. Mileage may be different from gun to gun?

The new flared version will be in next week. Jack says they are really nice.

Greg

It would really be nice if he would develop one that the drums would work with also. :smoke:

Just take it off to run a drum people. A magwell that would work with a drum would look like the hood vent above your stove. :P

Dr. Bormental has shown pics of his projects including Russian plastic magwell and factory magwell 8 round mags. I believe he is bias toward that solution (which I agree looks very nice).

The nice thing about this aluminum magwell is that it will work with higher capacity American made mags that are at least 1/3rd the price to us than Russian 8 round mags.

Appearance modifications are a very subjective thing. What looks odd and un-uniform to him looks like a great functional solution to the majority of Americans.

+1.

I just think he should cut the price in half and sell way more. I could justify $60 and think I would like that much better than drums. A magwell / 5 surefire combo pack would make him some money, and make me happy.