K-var stock

Hi, I converted my S308 a little over a month ago and just received my K-var NATO length stock in the mail. After trying to push it in and then hammer it in lightly, I can't for anything get it to fit in there. My only thought is that the pg nut might be in the way? Has anyone had trouble with this before? And on a side note, I didn't realize I'd have to drill out two holes to fit the screws in it. Figured I'd just get the stock on there and then mark where the holes should go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I converted my S308 a little over a month ago and just received my K-var NATO length stock in the mail. After trying to push it in and then hammer it in lightly, I can't for anything get it to fit in there. My only thought is that the pg nut might be in the way? Has anyone had trouble with this before? And on a side note, I didn't realize I'd have to drill out two holes to fit the screws in it. Figured I'd just get the stock on there and then mark where the holes should go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pound hard! If you are worried about marring anything, use a rubber mallet and SMACK THE CRAP OUT OF IT! After you have it smacked in, just use the holes in the metal for a guide, and drill with the butt installed, its really hard to screw up.

They can be a little tight. On the K-Var stock I used in one of my x39 AKs, I slightly reduced the height and width with a belt sander, so it would go in or out a little easier, but it still has to be tapped in. You could just pound it in as suggested above, but I would recommend a little fitting in case you ever want to get it back out again. Also, rubbing a bar of soap on the contact surfaces might help some.

:rolleyes: I've installed one of these on a Saiga-12 and one on a Saiga-308. The Saiga-12 had a Tromix DIY Trigger Guard. The screw head that attaches the trigger guard interfered with the stock. Cut groove into stock and it went right in. Saiga-308 used a SaigaTech trigger guard with the same result.

I used a hobby rasp and file to slightly cut down the extension dimensions so it slid in easily and yet was snug. If you do this sort of fitting, go slow and bit by bit for a good fit, if you take off too much material the stock will wiggle. Bad juju. I used a Warsaw length stock for easy of use in tight places, when wearing heavy clothing and such. Good luck on your conversion.

I know you most likely did it, but make sure you completely removed the rivet on the bottom rear of the reciever. Ive seen folks remove the trigger guard and plate but forget to completely knock out that rivet and they couldnt get the stock to fit. File slightly if needed but a tight fit is a good thing.