Any special plans for bringing in the New Year?

I'm heavily leaning towards hopping on a bus and making the 3+ hour trip down to NYC with my girl. I've only been down there once for New Years, but it was crazy fun, and I want to go again. Plus, she's never been there for New Years.

So what are you guys and gals planning? I'm sure all of you guys in the rural areas will be ringing in the New Year with gunfire, huh? :super: :super: :super:

We have some friends, Rich and Jon, coming over from England on Monday, so the New Year will be rung in with us all sitting around and partaking of some sort of booze. :up: They were in my wife's youth group when she was a doing some missions work over there. They have remained good friends, and they like coming over here a couple times a year.

I will be taking them shooting at some point, too... that is one of their highlights whenever they come here since they can barely even LOOK at a gun in their home country let alone own one.

Making a pilgrimage to the west coast with the faithful to watch the PSU game.

My dad has always wanted to go, so he figured this would be the time to go with his two sons. Its going to feel weird not watching the ball drop

I've inadvertently come up with a New Year's tradition. Inadvertent because it wasn't by design, but the last four years in a row I've somehow managed to cross over from one year to another while reloading ammunition.

Go figure.

Ahhhh,a fellow sociopath.Glad to hear I am not the only one who doesn't give a crap what the Gregorian calendar says ;)

22shooter what you said sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to be in NYC for new years.

Yeah. I just checked the bus ticket prices, and it's about the same as my last trip down there, about $75 roundtrip/person. I'm not from a tiny town, but going into NYC is like a whole 'nother world. It's crazy, and definitely lives up to it's name as "The City That Never Sleeps".......more so on New Years.

Your mom. Sorry, your title made it impossible to not say.

Do I need to steal your saying, and yell "Go to fists!!!!" ? :boxing:

:lolol:

Going to Vegas!

Hookers and blow!!!!!!!!!!

Never been to Vegas, but would love to make a trip there soon.

Going to a little town in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana.........near Abita Springs...... (between Talisheek and Bush, Will...., north of Pearl River.......) Truly out in the fucking middle of nowhere.........

An annual get-together of people from all over the U.S. of like minds, home-brew beer on tap, great food, great guns, good friends, and usually a bonfire you can see from space............. (Lots to discuss this year, too...................)

Bottle rockets lit behind a high berm used as skeet..........trying out the MD-20 this year on 'em !!!

AI-EEEEEEEEE !!! :smoke:

Taking all my TROMIX guns down there this year............ The golf-ball launcher is for sure coming along !!!

Edited by Jeaux E
Stuck in Italy.... AHHHH ....

Can't be that bad. All the Italian girls I know are fuggin HOT!!!!

They are definitely NOT hot

My condolences. So does Italy ship all their hotties to the US, and keep the fuglies for themselves?? :unsure:

Hot-Italian-stereotype is a huge misnomer. Keep it domestic. American women are best.

Stuck in Italy.... AHHHH ....

Can't be that bad. All the Italian girls I know are fuggin HOT!!!!

They are definitely NOT hot

My condolences. So does Italy ship all their hotties to the US, and keep the fuglies for themselves?? :unsure:

Hot-Italian-stereotype is a huge misnomer. Keep it domestic. American women are best.

All the hot Italian chicks I know are American :D .

Maybe it's a regional thing. Growing up, I lived in the "Little Italy" side of town for a couple years. So many good looking Italian girls!

Going to a little town in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana.........near Abita Springs...... (between Talisheek and Bush, Will...., north of Pearl River.......) Truly out in the fucking middle of nowhere.........

An annual get-together of people from all over the U.S. of like minds, home-brew beer on tap, great food, great guns, good friends, and usually a bonfire you can see from space............. (Lots to discuss this year, too...................)

Bottle rockets lit behind a high berm used as skeet..........trying out the MD-20 this year on 'em !!!

AI-EEEEEEEEE !!! :smoke:

Taking all my TROMIX guns down there this year............ The golf-ball launcher is for sure coming along !!!

Any music? Is it an invite type of thing or a public festival?

Nope, its not a public gathering............

More like a reunion, only none of us are related !!! A bunch of guys who've known each other for 30 someodd years, and get together on New Years.............

The various wives have changed over the years, but the core group remains !!!!!! :smoke:

Usually I go to the package store and get a bottle of beer made in the city where I used to be stationed in Germany. One bottle. Drink it at midnight and go to bed.

This year, I am trying to get a minor surgery approved by the VA, and as part of qualification, they are piss testing me for alcohol, drugs and tobacco weekly. No beer for me this year. :(

If I shoot to celebrate, the neighbors would most likely shoot back, so I guess I will call it an early night this year.